GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

gawd, rummy!!!........2 great ones there!.......last time i saw hot tuna live was november, 1969, fillmore east......thanksgiving weekend!!!.......it was an incredible 4 nights of concerts for me!!!!.......laura nyro and tim buckley at carnegie hall, thanksgiving nite......led zeppelin, madison square garden, friday nite..............hot tuna, quicksilver and the airplane, fillmore, sat nite......and, the incredible string band and pentangle, fillmore, sun nite!!!.........that was the thanksgiving after woodstock.........2 weeks before altamont, the day the 60's died!!!........thanks for the memories!!!!!..............great music!!!

gawd, rummy!!!........2 great ones there!.......last time i saw hot tuna live was november, 1969, fillmore east......thanksgiving weekend!!!.......it was an incredible 4 nights of concerts for me!!!!.......laura nyro and tim buckley at carnegie hall, thanksgiving nite......led zeppelin, madison square garden, friday nite..............hot tuna, quicksilver and the airplane, fillmore, sat nite......and, the incredible string band and pentangle, fillmore, sun nite!!!.........that was the thanksgiving after woodstock.........2 weeks before altamont, the day the 60's died!!!........thanks for the memories!!!!!..............great music!!!

Dude - I can't believe you said Quicksilver - they are lost in time - I finally found some of their old stuff on CD but had to special order it... hold on a sec lemme find something...never mind - can't find "who do you love" as performed by QMS. Woulda been nice - looks like the tube has a moderately OK selection of airplane/starship

Edited by RumRunner

socks...

um..... don't know who they are or who he is... but he's doing a pretty good job of vince gill's song ... which i believe is a pretty hard act to follow.

not alot of men have the high range that Vince has.

Don....

You should check the pics i posted about a year ago on the guitar thread... i'll try to find them and bring them back to show you... just stay put... i'll be right back!

Pics of John Mayer...

Pixs of Eric Clapton...

enjoy.

Edited by A la prochaine

Agree, A la. This guy's got a great voice, and the band's good too.

Gill's a favorite of mine, I've always thought he's a blues singer at heart, although he doesn't sing straight blues. Kind of like Hank Williams was. Jesse Colin Young (Youngbloods) has a voice like that.

Socks...Vince Gill.... ooooooo.... Vince.... my favourite... i know i mentioned I wasn't much of a country fan... but Vince... well... he's not country to me....like you said... i feel the same... he's a blues player of sorts.I'm posting one of my all time favourites... this song is about his dad and he wrote it after his dad had passed away... still brings a tear.

Edited by A la prochaine