GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

I generally dont post pieces like this but I was amazed at the beauty of this composition:

Arvo Part--TeDeum

Edit:

Wikipedia Page

Pärt wrote that the Te Deum text has “immutable truths,” reminding him of the “immeasurable serenity imparted by a mountain panorama.” His composition sought to communicate a mood “that could be infinite in time—out of the flow of infinity. I had to draw this music gently out of silence and emptiness.”
Edited by mstar1

Start Wearing Purple

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWx5G76pkU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWx5G76pkU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWx5G76pkU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

First time I had read the Bible

It had stroke me as unwitty

I think it may started rumor

That the Lord ain't got no humor

Put me inside SSC

Let's test superstring theory

Oh yoi yoi accelerate the protons

stir it twice and then just add me, 'cause

I don't read the Bible

I don't trust disciple

Even if they're made of marble

Or Canal Street bling

From the maelstrom of the knowledge

Into the labyrinth of doubt

Frozed underground ocean

melting - nuking on my mind

Yes give me Everything Theory

Without Nazi uniformity

My brothers are protons

My sisters are neurons

Stir it twice, it's instant family!

I don't read the Bible

I don't trust disciple

Or Canal Street bling

My brothers are protons

My sisters are neurons

Stir it twice dlja prekrastnih dam...

Do you have sex maniacs

Or schizophrenics

Or astrophysicists in your family

Was my grandma anti anti

Was my grandpa bounty bounty

Hek-o-hek-o-hej-o

They ask me in embassy!

'Cause I don't read the Bible

I don't trust disciple

Or Canal Street bling

And my grandma she was anti!

And my grandpa he was bounty!

And stir it twice

And then just add me!

Partypartypartypartypartyparty

now afterparty.

Edited by waysider

This is my favorite song from Jonny Cash!

I love Johnny Cash, but I like the original version of that song better:

This is my favorite Johnny Cash song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10O9kUCAv40&feature=PlayList&p=876A54DF41DD9C00&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35 (How many Bible quotes and references can everybody recognize?)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>