GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

T-Bone.  You just absolutely floored me with that video showcasing something I thought i would never see.  I have Never/ Never/ (NOT ONCE EVER) seen Sam wearing a suit and tie until this video tonight.  He shows up at my home town of Bloomington Indiana occasionally to do shows/ concerts at the IU Music Auditorium with folks like Edgar Meyer and  Mark O'Connor, and Mom sends pictures from the local paper to me because she knows I'm interested..  In those pictures of the concerts, Sam actually has tucked his shirt into his pants, and I joke with her "It must be a formal concert, eh?  He has his shirt tucked in."  I never thought I'd see the day where he was wearing a suit and tie.  Wow!

• Upvote 1

It's interesting how we get introduced to certain musical personalities and venues.. You guys are stretching me and I like it. When you look at something through someone else eyes, or in this case ears you gain a lot. I enjoyed Adele, but I "hear" her differently now. I'm squeezed for time at the moment, but someday I hope I remember to tell you about how I "met" Peter Nero.

Have a good one....see y'all later.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dmiller said:

T-Bone.  You just absolutely floored me with that video showcasing something I thought i would never see.  I have Never/ Never/ (NOT ONCE EVER) seen Sam wearing a suit and tie until this video tonight.  He shows up at my home town of Bloomington Indiana occasionally to do shows/ concerts at the IU Music Auditorium with folks like Edgar Meyer and  Mark O'Connor, and Mom sends pictures from the local paper to me because she knows I'm interested..  In those pictures of the concerts, Sam actually has tucked his shirt into his pants, and I joke with her "It must be a formal concert, eh?  He has his shirt tucked in."  I never thought I'd see the day where he was wearing a suit and tie.  Wow!

We saw Lyle Lovett and His Large Band back in 2010...2011...uhm somewhere back then - and Sam was with him...in a suit too! Great show !!!!!

Wow, I love that Don’t Worry ! I dig Adam’s voice/accent and having just the acoustic bass (with a little percussion on the bass body too). I really enjoyed that.

Here’s another version by Morgan James – hope you enjoy it

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

great tune, HG-30! love that haunting sax !

another tune from that year (1978) by one of my wife's favorites - Warren Zevon (in YouTube below he's doing it live in '82)

artist's poetic license to change his own words - werewolves of New Joisey :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone
update tidbit of info
  • Upvote 1

Dang ! Thanks for that Don't Worry (and the Doc Watson clip too)....awesome - wish I could play like that - they both seem like naturals - love the chords, slapping and popping by both and the weird noodling (or whatever it was) the guy does with his plucking hand (right hand) mid-neck.....Larry Graham (bass player with Sly and the Family Stone) is credited with first doing popping and slapping the bass to supply the rhythm ....anyway here's Larry Graham doing a Maroon 5 tune - not sure - but it appears sometimes Larry plucks the strings with thumb and forefinger as one would snap a rubber-band:

Edited by T-Bone
accuracy
  • Upvote 1

My song of the moment changes. It was Christmas/Winter songs, now listening to CCM, all from Spotify and occasionally Pandora

Don’t Worry, that little violinist has SOME VOICE !

Waysider, thanks for the King Crimson tune – Greg Lake was so talented – I read he passed away this past December.

HigherGround 30 – I love Low Rider – and it always evokes a weird WOW memory; I was a non-commissioned security guard (my first job on the WOW field – and first week on the job); security company was shorthanded and sent me to stand guard at a bank one day; needless to say the branch manager at the bank called my supervisor to complain about sending a kid with no firearm to guard his bank lobby…don’t know if it was out of frustration or punishment but the branch manager told me to stand outside and look official…here comes the surreal part…late morning there’s a dude walking across the street with a boom box on his shoulder that’s blaring Low Rider…I remember a momentary tinge of fear and some thought like “this is it! It’s going down right now!” fortunately I was able to regain my composure and maintain the hedge of believing around the bank entrance   :biglaugh: - oh, and I quit that job after that.

Krys, I love to hear variations of tunes – here’s another one

• Upvote 2