GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

beautiful....thanks Don't Worry ! I called Tonto in to hear that - one of her Beatles favs....love the chords and him playing the harpsichord instrumental part too...that dude Rob is a phenomenal bassist ! Thanks again.

and that bass is beautiful - in sound and looks!

Edited by T-Bone
add comment on instrument
  • Upvote 1

great group HG30 - my wife turned me on to them - one of my favs of theirs is My Little Demon - (FYI sometimes I refer to our little rat terrier Annabelle as My Little Demon - she's a little killer - gets lizards, birds, possum, snakes, and of course rats )

that tune brings to mind another song by Tower Of Power - keep your monster on a leash

Edited by T-Bone
add footnote of My Little Demon
  • Upvote 2

The TOP is definitely still around. Two of the original members are family Corpse grads.

The drummer Dave Garibaldi and sit-in bass player, Marc, were both hit by a commuter train and seriously injured and hospitalized a few days ago on the way to a gig in Oakland. Fortunately, both survived and will be able to fully recover. One of the funkiest, tightest bands evah!

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
  • Upvote 2

oh my God ! Don't Worry - thanks for the latest on Dave & Marc - they're in my thoughts and prayers....I caught TOP ages ago at the Fillmore - with Santana, Mountain, and Mylon LaFevre (not sure of spelling) and Holy Smoke....have loved TOP ever since.

• Upvote 1

DWBH

Sad to hear about that about the guys like Tbone said speedy recovery so they can get onto what they love doing.Dave Garibaldi wouldnt have been 'sing it dave 'would it?Loved his music as a kid.Travelling light in the light of the word was a favourite

Here's another hit from Journey, Don't Stop Believing 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

nice choice HG30...you know, until I was familiar with Journey's tunes - just going on their sound - I used to get them confused with Asia and Toto.

let's jack things up a little bit. Buddy Guy doing Mustang Sally live...i just love his live performances....a few years ago Tonto and I caught him at a small club in Fort Worth (Caravan of Dreams - i think that was the name)- - it was fantabulous ! i think he was wearing bib overalls and with his polka dotted guitar on wireless transmitter was walking around the small tables of the club interacting with the audience...there ain't no hype...this man is a down-to-earth-blues-full-of-blessed-music... what a guitarist !!!! and what an engaging performer !!!

Edited by T-Bone
trying to beat server timeout
  • Upvote 2

you can always tell when I don't get enough beauty sleep...I start acting ugly.....the in-residence Family Corps program was a very ugly time in my life. :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone
hilarity
  • Upvote 2

I love you guys!

Edited by krys
.If there is a link I can click on....I probably will. It doesn't even have to do something good.....if it's there....I'll find it....and click it and who knows what will happen.

12 hours ago, higherground30 said:

Hey Tbone maybe this song would've helped you during the family Corp time

Eric Clapton turn it up!

Very cool HG30…you know, I can think of a few sleep deprivation scenarios where that would be applicable:

…Keeping up with the corps

Better believe for

Cocaine

…tired of being a WOW

Don’t you have a cow

Cocaine

Take the class

Take the class

That damn class

With Cocaine

== == == ==

seems like we’re stuck in a loop of Clapton and Allman Brothers…how about a little variety with a Jimi Hendrix tune

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...