GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Gotta love youtube. It lets you listen to just about anything by just about anyone.

This week its been REO Speedwagon - keep on rollin' and Blackfoot - Highway song live. Oh, I just started to listen to a little Boston which might be this weeks flavor.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical

I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical

About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news

With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

Gilbert & Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance

:P I have a cousin learning this for performance. Been so long since I've heard the music.... I just love it!

I listen to a LOT of music...here's what I've been getting into over the last month:

Richard Thompson

Jimmy Cliff (many Rivers)...which dooj posted on the music forum

Jerry Garcia

Greg Brown

The Cathedrals (gospel)

Donavon

The Moody Blues

Robert Earl Keene

Johnny Cash

Dexter Gordon (jazz)

Sanity...a band that my best friend is managing and just signed a contract with Atlantic records...they are GOOD!

Since the new local radio station www.lonestar925.com came on the air, I've temporarily abandoned my cds. I listen on my drive to and from work and if we're not busy I listen here at my desk.

Right now they're playing a Joe Ely song, but this morning they've played the Black Crowes, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, John Mellencamp, and I forget who else. It's the only station around here who plays Eric Clapton and Lucinda Williams, Billy Joe Shaver and John Mayall.

Somebody stop me...I am way too excited about this!

We have organized the Ipod with around 5000 songs from such genres as Jazz (modern, ballads), pop, rock ‘70’s to 90’s, disco, Euro/World, classical, folk, African, etc. So I have lots to choose from depending on the f e e l i n g...ohohoh feeling...Anyway, I like it played on my Bose, but that’s in Africa. So now it’s either the car or the laptop!

My favorite CD right now is John Hiatt (The A &M Years '87-'94), especially Through Your Hands, Buffalo River Home, and Have a Little Faith In Me.

Jimmy Buffett

Bob Marley and The Wailers

Dave Mason's Headkeeper (finally released on CD!!)

Keb' Mo'

The Allman Brothers

A little rock, a little blues, a little reggae...

Someone mentioned Last Train To Clarksville...I had that running through my head last week too...a real blast from the past!

Today would have been a good day for the soundtrack to Lost Highway or Fire Walk with Me... Surreal, with a real evil undertone... or maybe some Megadeth from my husband's collection.

I've been working 9-12 hour days without a break cleaning up a mess someone left at my work... for 9 days in a row, no end in sight. I need something a little angry that will keep me awake. The caffeine is not cutting it anymore.

Thanks, Belle!!! Rammstien does one of the songs on the Lost Highway soundtrack! How fitting that you reccommend them!

I saw them in concert a couple years back. They scared the audience, who stared like people do at a bad wreck on the side of the road. Horrified, but somehow unable to look away. I will not describe what the did on stage, but I am sure it violated many public decency laws... and they soaked everyone close to the stage. It was (shall we say) NASTY.

I haven't had time to re-load my iPod since the mess started. I need to do it tonight.... (making mental note)

:offtopic: Just finished 10 days today - I have lost track of the hours worked. Toooo many, to be sure. I think if I bothered to calculate by current hourly rate of pay (since I am salaried and don't get overtime) I am probably making less than that of a McDonald's employee...

:asdf:

I'm going to get a beer and watch Ghosthunters...

Hooray, beer!