GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

...I tentatively walked into a very divey lookin blues bar in Greenville Mississippi last year.

100_1051.jpg

It was a little shaky looking like most good blues bars are, and while I was scoping it out wondering whether I should stay (there was a genuine edge of danger in that place) she walked up, sat down, introduced herself to me bought me a drink, and made me feel.... comfortable.... she was immediately--just great....

Long story short-- we spent the evening and into the very wee hours of the morning hopping back and forth between the 4 or 5 blues clubs on the street together....She filled me in on a LOT of local blues lore from the Mississippi Delta (which was incredible), introduced me to the locals, sat in with the any of the various bands, while perpetually making sure that I was having a great time and enjoying my time in the Delta to its fullest...and i did!

I have her number on a napkin around here somewhere-- maybe I should call her--she was great :)

Edited by mstar1

Dooj! Good choices!

To this day, when you have people turn to Jeremiah for a Bible study, somebody inevitably sings that song, or at least makes some bullfrog reference!

And the one that surprised you, I'd almost forgotten about. When they sang "Liar!" at first I thought they were covering this blast from our past:

I finally read the "Beef" thread and it gave me a pounding headache....

so I learned an old Irish Air by the blind Irish harper Turlough Carolan instead...

much better for me

I can only find a short Ukelele version online--but I still like it

Kean O'Hara--my song of the moment

Edited by mstar1

I finally read the "Beef" thread and it gave me a pounding headache....

so I learned an old Irish Air by the blind Irish harper Turlough Carolan instead...

much better for me

I can only find a short Ukelele version online--but I still like it

Kean O'Hara--my song of the moment

Thanks, Mstar1! Great cure for a headache! It's just so pure and simple and peaceful that I immediately felt all the headtrips melting away. Celtic music often affects me that way. Do you happen to know the name of that air?

Thanks, Mstar1! Great cure for a headache! It's just so pure and simple and peaceful that I immediately felt all the headtrips melting away. Celtic music often affects me that way. Do you happen to know the name of that air?

Celtic Music does the same to me....I think its something in the genetic memory or something..

That song is called "Kean O'Hara Third Air"

Which I got out of The Complete Works of O'Carolan. Its a really great book if you play an instrument and have a penchant toward Celtic Music.

Heres another song of OCarolan's--"Blind Mary"

Im not sure what they are :) but they sure sound good to me (dmiller? anybody?)

Since we're on Celtic Music on strange instruments --

This is the Seamus Ennis on the Uilleann Pipes--a sound that almost always carries me away to some ancient dream