johnj

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

John

Just for the record : Two points

European Christian Press and The Way of Great Britain published Wierwille's Take God at His Word. But it did not publish Geer's WIGP. So even if The Way of Great Britain had permission to publish such things, it did not publish Geer's class and Geer was no longer a part of it when he published his class in 1995.

The Way of Great Britain did not publish his book The Way in Great Britain did however. The Way of Great Britain was a Way International Ministry The Way in Great Britain was not.

2. While you are correct that they did not publish his class- Word Promotions did, Chris was very much a part of the Way in Great Britain when the class came out, he was still employed by The Way in Great Britain and the first class was scheduled to run at Gartmore House.

Just thought you might want the real facts ..........

2. While you are correct that they did not publish his class- Word Promotions did, Chris was very much a part of the Way in Great Britain when the class came out, he was still employed by The Way in Great Britain and the first class was scheduled to run at Gartmore House.

Morning! Interesting. So in 1995, Geer had a working relationship with the Way IN Great Britain - is it correct to say that at that time that group didn't have a "friendly" working relationship with the Way of the U.S.A., the New Knoxville gang? I'm not challenging that - just wanted to clarify if possible.

The only reason I'm asking is that I've gotten the impression 3rd hand and beyond that Geer had quit or been fired by the Way in GB, his own group, around that time but the facts are kind of mushy and I've never really tried to nail it down but reading this makes me curious. This clarifies that timeline better.

A related question I have, from a spectator's view, is why he did eventually leave that group. Or did he? Does he still have affiliations with them?

And another one too I guess - are the former New Knoxville-rooted Way of/in/from Europe, the collective groups that formed from New Knoxville's outreach back in the day - all severed from the Ohio Way? Just curious, if you do know. Thanks!

Edited by socks

Quote Socks

Morning! Interesting. So in 1995, Geer had a working relationship with the Way IN Great Britain - is it correct to say that at that time that group didn't have a "friendly" working relationship with the Way of the U.S.A., the New Knoxville gang? I'm not challenging that - just wanted to clarify if possible.

Yes I believe that would be a fair statement Craig said in March of 1989 that he no longer communicated with Chris ,but that the way had some business relationships with Gartmore House. Those as I remember changed as well not long after that. I believe that the Way in Great Britain Limited came about as a result of the transfer of material rights and the Gartmore property from the Way International.

The only reason I'm asking is that I've gotten the impression 3rd hand and beyond that Geer had quit or been fired by the Way in GB, his own group, around that time but the facts are kind of mushy and I've never really tried to nail it down but reading this makes me curious. This clarifies that timeline better.

Chris offered a intent to leave letter in late May 1995 but was employed until mid July. Partly due to the failed class that was advertised by the Way in Great Britain and then not run ,due to a part of the Trustees of the Way in Great Britain not approving the license agreement for the Walking in Gods Power Class . It was quite the mess with people arriving from all over the world only to find out that there was no class. Chris did teach another seminar of some sort for the week. and housing proceded as planned before.

A related question I have, from a spectator's view, is why he did eventually leave that group. Or did he? Does he still have affiliations with them?

No, I am not even sure that they are a viable entity at this point, once he departed they vanished from the screen. Robert Wilkinson became involved with Vince Finnegan. Chris does employ a few former Gartmore staff at Word Promotions.

And another one too I guess - are the former New Knoxville-rooted Way of/in/from Europe, the collective groups that formed from New Knoxville's outreach back in the day - all severed from the Ohio Way? Just curious, if you do know. Thanks!

Not sure but I would say that most left with the forming of The Way in Great Britain, after its demise I don't know what happened except for a few people. I think the Way International has a fellowship presence of some sort there but I am unclear on who may be attending if they were old way or from the Way in Great Britain days. The Kent's are still there I know but not with the Way

Edited by WhiteDove

Thanks WhiteDove. That clarifies that period better. It is an important fact that the Way of and the Way in are two different groups. One was connected to the Way of Ohio gang, the other wasn't.

If I'm getting it right - ? - the scheduled class in 1995 that didn't run was an early versoin or "the" version of the Geer class that's since been run in the U.S.A. by assorted ex-Way groups?

Now I'm wondering why they didn't approve the licensing agreement. Sounds like the hosted Geer's teaching for the people that came in for it. Wonder why the class didn't fly?

Quote Socks

Yes I believe that would be a fair statement Craig said in March of 1989 that he no longer communicated with Chris ,but that the way had some business relationships with Gartmore House. Those as I remember changed as well not long after that. I believe that the Way in Great Britain Limited came about as a result of the transfer of material rights and the Gartmore property from the Way International.

Chris offered a intent to leave letter in late May 1995 but was employed until mid July. Partly due to the failed class that was advertised by the Way in Great Britain and then not run ,due to a part of the Trustees of the Way in Great Britain not approving the license agreement for the Walking in Gods Power Class . It was quite the mess with people arriving from all over the world only to find out that there was no class. Chris did teach another seminar of some sort for the week. and housing proceded as planned before.

No, I am not even sure that they are a viable entity at this point, once he departed they vanished from the screen. Robert Wilkinson became involved with Vince Finnegan. Chris does employ a few former Gartmore staff at Word Promotions.

Not sure but I would say that most left with the forming of The Way in Great Britain, after its demise I don't know what happened except for a few people. I think the Way International has a fellowship presence of some sort there but I am unclear on who may be attending if they were old way or from the Way in Great Britain days. The Kent's are still there I know but not with the Way

*reads post slowly*

Well, that certainly clarifies a number of things.

In 1989, a new entity made to look exactly like the Way of Great Britain was formed,

called the Way in Great Britain, Ltd.

It was legally distinct from twi, and retained a name still connecting them to it

in the minds of nearly any observer.

The average schmoe-unless told there was a change- would think there was

none- and if he read the fine print and saw it was different, probably would

suppose he just read incorrectly.

I DO know that the name "Way in Great Britain" wasn't tossed around like

Gartmore House was-

which means SOMETHING.

Thanks WhiteDove. That clarifies that period better. It is an important fact that the Way of and the Way in are two different groups. One was connected to the Way of Ohio gang, the other wasn't.

If I'm getting it right - ? - the scheduled class in 1995 that didn't run was an early versoin or "the" version of the Geer class that's since been run in the U.S.A. by assorted ex-Way groups?

Now I'm wondering why they didn't approve the licensing agreement. Sounds like the hosted Geer's teaching for the people that came in for it. Wonder why the class didn't fly?

Any answer I could give would be speculation and supposition.

Which I'm giving now...

My impression here is similar to the reaction at hq when vpw announced that

people could build their houses on-site,

so long as they agreed that the ownership would revert to twi when they died.

Almost nobody took him up on it. (IIRC, there was exactly one mentioned.)

Seems people didn't like the "fine print" on that agreement.

I'm thinking the LICENSING AGREEMENT for this class offered little and asked much,

benefitting cg but not the organization. That seems to me to be the most likely

reason. Other possible reasons include personal conflict/spite, legal inability to

sign the agreement as written, and other, more esoteric ones.

He may even have tried to "guilt" them into accepting the agreement-

by setting up the class, getting people to commit to being there,

then springing the fine print on the organization at the last minute,

expecting them to agree so as not to inconvenience the arrivals.

Pick your reason-one of these, some of these, or none of these.

I lack sufficient information to state any of them confidently.

Well I think so, in the sense of Legal things anyway as I said just a guess but ( based on the fact that The Way liked to centralize everything into International it seems logical) I'm betting that the Way International held the rights to the Property as well as the material rights rather than the Way in Great Britain having the property rights. Chris would not have wanted to transfer the rights to the Way of Great Britain as that would have allowed The Way International control back over them at any given point as they setup the Way of Great Britain. That being the case he needed a corporation to transfer to. Side interesting note They never tried to sue later on for the use of the Way name. I wonder why this is not used as a case referal when other cases come up?

If I'm getting it right - ? - the scheduled class in 1995 that didn't run was an early version or "the" version of the Geer class that's since been run in the U.S.A. by assorted ex-Way groups?

Yes it was the version the first class available, the launching of the WIGP class, I think they had two sets of CD's done at the time. And contrary to John's statement he was very much still in the employ of The Way in Great Britain. Lots of people came in for the class from the US and around the world Chris's two daughters were scheduled to be students in the class. There were lots of ticked off people.

There were three trustees for the Way in Great Britain John Townsend, Robert Wilkinson, and Graeme Abernethy. Jonny signed off on the agreement the others did not ,it was a free license agreement he offered them in other words no license fee cost , but I don't know if the second part of the agreement was waved as well or not . The percent of ABS for The Way in Great Britain would have been a chunk of change to Word Promotions and that may well have been the point of contention. I think Chris made the call to offer something to those who traveled there since he could not get any clarification from the other two trustees as to what course of action they wanted to pursue. Understandably People spent a lot of time and money to get there I suppose he felt responsible to offer them something. Really it was pretty cowardly to leave it to him to face the people and tell them they were getting no class without giving them any information on why. There is about 45 minutes of information concerning the events on Gartmore Tapes # 347,357,362 of course it is only one side as the others never did respond or offer any defense or dispute the record. But it would be interesting archive information. I listened to them today to check the dates for Socks and to refresh my memory of the events.

Edited by WhiteDove

I blew off Geer like so much *smoke on the water* when I heard him teach ---

"If ya wanna walk on water, practice with puddles".

David you have mentioned that same quote several times in threads, so I thought I would offer you this .......

It was a Joke - Ok his humor was about as funny as VP's but none the less a joke.

If one could walk on water it would not matter if the water was 1 inch or 50 feet deep as you would walk on the surface only. He sugested that maybe if you were not sure that you were really instructed by revelation that one could acomplish this task you might want to start with the lesser of the surfaces in case you failed to acomplish your task. It is alot safer to fail in 1 inch than in 50 feet of water..

*reads post slowly*

Well, that certainly clarifies a number of things.

In 1989, a new entity made to look exactly like the Way of Great Britain was formed,

called the Way in Great Britain, Ltd.

It was legally distinct from twi, and retained a name still connecting them to it

in the minds of nearly any observer.

The average schmoe-unless told there was a change- would think there was

none- and if he read the fine print and saw it was different, probably would

suppose he just read incorrectly.

I DO know that the name "Way in Great Britain" wasn't tossed around like

Gartmore House was-

which means SOMETHING.

Yep WW that about sums it up. Don't know his motives in the name change but I took note when I saw it back then It was my clue that they had severed ties with International. (I also noted when the Gartmore tapes changed to Word Promotions copyrights. ) He may have done it to confuse people, he may have done it P*ss off Craig, or he may have seen them as the real Way in Great Britain, but the name was taken. Who knows? My personal guess is the last choice I think he saw them as followers of the Way and as a nod to VPW he continued on with the name or close to it. But you are right about Gartmore house.

quote name='WordWolf'

Any answer I could give would be speculation and supposition.

Which I'm giving now...

My impression here is similar to the reaction at hq when vpw announced that

people could build their houses on-site,

so long as they agreed that the ownership would revert to twi when they died.

Almost nobody took him up on it. (IIRC, there was exactly one mentioned.)

Seems people didn't like the "fine print" on that agreement.

I'm thinking the LICENSING AGREEMENT for this class offered little and asked much,

benefiting cg but not the organization. That seems to me to be the most likely

reason. Other possible reasons include personal conflict/spite, legal inability to

sign the agreement as written, and other, more esoteric ones.

I think it was about Money for sure............. 10% of the years ABS for Gartmore House would have been a chunk of change each year if that was not waved as the licence fee was.

He may even have tried to "guilt" them into accepting the agreement-

by setting up the class, getting people to commit to being there,

then springing the fine print on the organization at the last minute,

expecting them to agree so as not to inconvenience the arrivals.

Well they had plenty of time to object as it was advertised under their name and they could have seen they were facing a problem well ahead of time, so I'd pass on this one and according to him they offered no indication that it was going to be a problem until the day before. Their lack of any response or rebuttal also speaks loudly.

Pick your reason-one of these, some of these, or none of these.

I lack sufficient information to state any of them confidently.

Me Too

Thanks WhiteDove.I appreciate the time you used to find that information. WordWolf,, thanks also for your thoughts, considered as you've given.

I confess I wondered myself if it wasn't over the money and reading your comments above lends to that -

I think it was about Money for sure............. 10% of the years ABS for Gartmore House would have been a chunk of change each year if that was not waved as the licence fee was.

See....not knowing much else about it, but knowing there's been a licensing fee charged to have use of the class (contracted for a year's use?) and putting that into Geer waiving that but still requiring a 10% tax is....it makes me sick thinking about it. Which is why I don't like to think about this stuff.

From a business standpoint, it's a heluva deal for the provider. After all, if the "class" will produce growth and that translates itself into money the case can be made that a percentage of that should be owed back to the provider of the materials that brought it in. Forget a set fee, the real money's in the percentages. Everybody makes out, I scratched your backs, pass a little of that scratch back this way. (break to empty puke bucket). Never mind that the "profit" being realized is - should be - owned by God and in the souls of the people hearing His Word being taught.

Now - I'm thin on facts here, but this adds a whole new wrinkle to the historical face of Geer's Way, a face already showing some serious scarring and wear. I guess based on this, I'm glad that they at least refused the offer. I have to wonder what it made them think of the man making it.

The Preacher in Pale Rider said it well: How much is it worth to have a clear conscience?

Hmm. So.. where is "brother" gear this evening.. hmmmm.

Maybe.. he's busy at Wally mart, searching every aisle for an affordable round tuit. The video crew explained they'd help with the filming of his new, updated better than better and improved pfal, when they got a round tuit..

:biglaugh: