GreaseSpot Cafe

"Camp Gunnison"

motherof2

Are they still calling it "Family Camp" ?

When I staffed some of those they ate, they went to teachings, they sang, they did crafts, they played sports, and they got the chance to ride the horses up to the BLM or ride a raft down the river, they did a campfire cookout, oh and of course, devotion-with-motion.

Of course, someone said they got rid of the horses, didn't they? But they might still have the jeep-bus thingies thingies. They would pile everyone in and drive them up to tall peak to overlook the valley.

I vaguely remember details like watching the little tykes while mom and dad spent each morning in teachings. And tiki-torches... lots of tiki-torches... around the snackshop, along the paths for evening teachings, around the center field for sing-alongs.

Honestly, if they would let me, I could probably put up with the teachings just to enjoy the rest of the activities and enjoy the mountain air and scenery.

is it still part of the way? my relatives teach something there.

Are they still calling it "Family Camp" ?

When I staffed some of those they ate, they went to teachings, they sang, they did crafts, they played sports, and they got the chance to ride the horses up to the BLM or ride a raft down the river, they did a campfire cookout, oh and of course, devotion-with-motion.

Of course, someone said they got rid of the horses, didn't they? But they might still have the jeep-bus thingies thingies. They would pile everyone in and drive them up to tall peak to overlook the valley.

I vaguely remember details like watching the little tykes while mom and dad spent each morning in teachings. And tiki-torches... lots of tiki-torches... around the snackshop, along the paths for evening teachings, around the center field for sing-alongs.

Honestly, if they would let me, I could probably put up with the teachings just to enjoy the rest of the activities and enjoy the mountain air and scenery.

if it wouldn't have been for that damned ac taking up my time i would have really enjoyed myself there

it is indeed a beautiful spot.

hell they even had husbands and wifes seprate sleeping quarters

and it was our 10th wedding anniversary

lot's of fun, right

yeah, "family camp" it was great! i hardly saw my family at all! i was an early teen at the time, and the other teens were pretty cool. all we wanted to do was flirt with the boys and escape into the woods to make-out. we hardly talked "da werd" at all. what a relief!

unfortunately i do remember getting bossed around for a whole week by L.P. and co. he did try to connect with the teens, but mostly he was just a jerk. all those activities were totally lame-- except rafting. that was kinda cool. but that geriatric-type yoga crap we had to do every morning!? i was always getting in trouble for not being enthusiastic and "blessed" enough to being doing jumping jacks for the lord at 6am... almost felt like i was back in the corps... grrrr.

Relatives are heading up to the "camp" this coming week...Who wants to speculate on what they might be doing there?

A pretty reasonable guess would be that they are holding their Advanced Class there. It usually runs this time of year June/July.

I could be wrong and they might have some other event just as useless going on.

How long are your realatives gonna be gone, that would be a strong indicator as to what's up?

What they are doing now is allowing tiwts to come for visits, sort of like a resort, but it's a last resort for twi to earn extra cash and keep the place alive.

polar bear,

Yeah......twi's options are dwindling each year. Even from a corporate standpoint, it must have seemed rather ridiculous to keep "training" the corps there.......since the corps inrez levels are hovering around 5 or 6, or whatever. Doesn't quite fit with proper stewardship of the abs now does it? :biglaugh:

The twit visits and camp idea is a no-brainer. It buys them time. Twi is good at spinning a good idea, but this one has lost its flavor years ago. Sure, there may be some who partake of the mountain scenery and rafting, but gollygee.........there are fun parks and water parks everywhere these days. And yeah, the hq staffers might get a cut-rate deal to help promote it......but I seriously doubt it has much longevity.

Seems like several twi-offshoots are outnumbering their parent organization.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: