GreaseSpot Cafe

Any California Leadership from the late '80's

Seth R.

If anyone here was in leadership from California in the late '80's specifically '87 to '89 please comment on the secret leadership meetings held in Eureka California at the Eureka branch coordinators house His name was Tom. There were 5 or six men involved all were Corps and at least Branch or Area coordinators. At one time I think the Limb leader of the time came up to visit.

It came to light to me many years later as to what these men were talking about, someone involved at the limb level at the time told me these men were meeting to decide "what to do about LCM" looking back it did feel sinister.

I lived in this Branch home for a brief period, and saw many strange things. After all these years I would like to hear what was really going on. Did they discuss offing the LCM?

Seth

If anyone here was in leadership from California in the late '80's specifically '87 to '89 please comment on the secret leadership meetings held in Eureka California at the Eureka branch coordinators house His name was Tom. There were 5 or six men involved all were Corps and at least Branch or Area coordinators. At one time I think the Limb leader of the time came up to visit.

It came to light to me many years later as to what these men were talking about, someone involved at the limb level at the time told me these men were meeting to decide "what to do about LCM" looking back it did feel sinister.

I lived in this Branch home for a brief period, and saw many strange things. After all these years I would like to hear what was really going on. Did they discuss offing the LCM?

Seth

There was a branch in Eureka? That seems odd to me. Even though I knew people who were WOW there in 1976, I didn't think it was populated enough to have wayfers there. I am interested in hearing anything from this meeting as well.

• 2 months later...

I am from California. I was out of the Way starting in about 1987. However, I can tell you that the likelihood of a branch in Eureka is pretty small due to lack of population. I went to college in Chico which is pretty far north. One of my roomates, also a wayfer, was from Anderson near Redding, CA. This is also very far north. He never told me about a branch in the northern part of California. I doubt if the Way denomination ever had a branch that far north in California. Besides, no reason to sneak up on an arrogant minister like Craig. I would prefer just telling him face to face that his ministry was not worth anything. I wrote him a couple of times in 1987 and told him as much. I even included my name and address.

I believe California was one of the states that witheld the ABS from Hq in the late 80's, and most of the WC in California, including the LC, got fired all at once circa '88.

Many just transfered to Geer's outfit, lock, stock, and barrel.

From what I've seen, many who still fellowship w/Geer groups there have no idea about what gets discussed here about vp and twi.

I wonder if any found their way to the Greasespot??

I wonder if any found their way to the Greasespot??

There are regularly over a hundred "guests" (non members) browsing here, when I check the IPB portal. Sometimes many more. All for various reasons, I suppose. And probably most of them with a TWI background.

Quote:

"I believe California was one of the states that witheld the ABS from Hq in the late 80's, and most of the WC in California, including the LC, got fired all at once circa '88.

Many just transfered to Geer's outfit, lock, stock, and barrel."

Yeah and where did those diverted millions go??? Put it this way....some of those leaders now live in very nice, very valuable California homes which were paid for by cashola.

The ministry business still thrives in America because there are gullible Waybrain suckers who still live in a fantasy world.

Just the other day I heard a person teaching from a spin off podium say something I don't think he meant to say but was a freudian slip which revealed Waybrain at it highest. He said something to the effect of:

"Take a moment and look around the room. This is all God has. We're it!"

Please......nothing could be further from the TRUTH.

In California there were two waves of people leaving the Way Denomination in mass. The first wave was 1986/1987. Those people were informed of TWI's dirty dealings by people like Ralph Dubofsky and John Lynn. I found out from two people one of which was in my twig who was the sister or cousin of a family of long standing dedicated way people a few of which had spent time at International headquarters. She knew about Wierwille's sexual escapades and shockingly informed me. I was the only twig coordinator to leave my branch (Solano County), but a neighboring branch (Marin County, a long standing branch) led by their branch leader all left in mass. The next wave of people to leave TWI was in about 1988 or 1989. They may have left because of a weird letter received from Craig Martindale saying follow me or else. And are you with me or Chris Geer? Some of them answered back and said we follow Jesus Christ which was the right thing to say and do. Unfortunately, in this group of people leaving was the limb leader Doug Seed. He convinced many of these people leaving to send the abundant sharing to him at his Way of California headquarters instead of to the Way at New Knoxville, Ohio. I heard he bought a very nice home with the money that he collected from his followers.

When I left (1986 or 1987) I remember talking to my branch leader as I was resigning and he hinted that if you stay just a little while longer you will have a number of people that will leave with you. I told him that knowing what I know about the corruption at New Knoxville I would not stay one day longer. Also I was beginning to figure out the the way tree used as a religious hierarchy of power was completely unbiblical. At this time, one of the articles that I wrote and shared with every wayfer that would listen to me to help get them out of the Way denomination is now at the following web site page.

http://www.christianherald.info/lordship_o...s_christ_1.html

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

From what you posted above, it sounds like they were planning a mass departure in advance of the letter sent out by Lcm.

I still have friends who fellowship with Doug S*ed in California, whom I'm working with to enlighten their understanding regarding the old twi system and doctrine that they're still under, what kind of leader is he really? They would probably say that S*ed deserves a home paid for by the people under him, seeing as they still buy into the hierarchy system.

They all seem to be afraid of what is to be learned from this website. Apparently it is very threatening to them.

Are the leadership there really trying to hide what went on at Hq's and Geer's involvement with it?

Edited by but now I see

I lived in the SF Bay Area from August 1989 to December 2002, and I hung out with the only wayfers I knew of which were no longer connected to TWI. They thought they functioned as they always did, just without HQ. It made me quite ill actually. And I was extremely bothered about the ABS and where it went. I stopped going to fellowships regularly during that time after about 6 months of being there. Most of our friends were involved, so we went to bigger meetings once in awhile. Yes, these people were most definitely Geer supporters.

From what you posted above, it sounds like they were planning a mass departure in advance of the letter sent out by Lcm.

I still have friends who fellowship with Doug S*ed in California, whom I'm working with to enlighten their understanding regarding the old twi system and doctrine that they're still under, what kind of leader is he really? They would probably say that S*ed deserves a home paid for by the people under him, seeing as they still buy into the hierarchy system.

They all seem to be afraid of what is to be learned from this website. Apparently it is very threatening to them.

Are the leadership there really trying to hide what went on at Hq's and Geer's involvement with it?

After my stint in Northern California in the late 80s early 90s, I went back to TWI because I thought it was the "real" ministry. (Go ahead and laugh.)

Through my time in TWI, I ended up in San Diego, and that is where I lived when I decided to finally leave TWI for the final time. I tried a CES fellowship; CFF had no fellowship in SD, so I went to a fellowship (recommended by W*yne Cl*pp since CFF had nothing) put on by these people: http://www.sdbiblicalstudies.com/. Doug Seed was a special invite to that meeting, and it was like being in a fellowship back in the 80s, and I literally wanted to GAG! The worhsip of VPW and the other original trustees was nauseating to me. It happened to be "Uncle Harry Day", and they were recognizing him. I had been on Greasespot by that point, and I knew enough about how Uncle Harry and VPW treated young women was despicable. The reverence and praise for these men's lives was an abomination in my mind.

These people all knew I recently left TWI, and they offered no support or shoulder to lean on. It was this GSC cyber community that gave me the support I really needed. They only offered for me to come to fellowship. It was then that I realized I did not want anything TWI-related ever again. I left that meeting disappointed and hurt, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Those people seem to hide under a rock when it comes to discussing past wrongs in TWI. They want to believe VPW was truly THE Man of God. They want to believe his ministry was ordained by God. That same group also promotes Geer's classes.

I am from California. I was out of the Way starting in about 1987. However, I can tell you that the likelihood of a branch in Eureka is pretty small due to lack of population. I went to college in Chico which is pretty far north. One of my roomates, also a wayfer, was from Anderson near Redding, CA. This is also very far north. He never told me about a branch in the northern part of California. I doubt if the Way denomination ever had a branch that far north in California. Besides, no reason to sneak up on an arrogant minister like Craig. I would prefer just telling him face to face that his ministry was not worth anything. I wrote him a couple of times in 1987 and told him as much. I even included my name and address.

There is a large population up in Eureka, just a lot of them choose to drop-out. There was a branch up there, it was run by a practicum family corps guy named Tom W**d his wife was Lucy, Doug S**d did visit us and there was another branch leader named Kerry (spell?) I can't remember his last name his wife was Ginelle (spell?) That is most of what I remember.

If you read the way living in love the young man named Sky was mentioned, he was my twig coordinator in Eureka, as far as I know he still lives up there.

Seth