GreaseSpot Cafe

Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix movie

TOMMYZ

I loved it. It was very entertaining. Nothing ever compares to the book so I stopped comparing them years ago. But I really liked it. I thought that they did a pretty good job of developing the characters even more especially considering the time constraint.

By far the darkest film thus far in the series, as well as the best acting...when did those kids learn to act, anyway? I too went to the midnight show wth my 15 year old son..got in line behind 7500 people and 2500 got in line after us..I enjoyed it...

Good movie. I understood that some things had to be cut back, but I do wish we'd gotten to spend more time with the actual Order of the Phoenix. Mad Eye Moody, Professor Lupin and Tonks were all severely shortchanged. Another few minutes with each of them would have done some good.

Also, the fight at the end of the film seemd a bit rushed and confusing (as I'm sure real fights are).

Looking forward to getting my copy of book 7 on Saturday. :)

I mainly judge them on their own merits.

Some changes I view as improvements,

and some things are left out to the movie's detriment, IMHO.

Why was no explanation ever stated for why the name "Dumbledore's Army"? They could have fit it in as dialogue

spoken OVER shots of the group practicing.

Personally, I REALLY missed having Marietta Edgecombe appear in the story. ("Sneak.")

Someone suggested Kingsley Shacklebolt would look more like Michael Clark Duncan than the guy

they cast, which I think is correct, but I think they didn't make a bad choice.

GREAT moment in the OoTP-DE fight....

"Good one, James."

I thought that fight was ALMOST too fast to follow.

I'll want to review it later. :)

Helena Bonham Carter SO owned her role as Bellatrix Lestrange.

NICE scenes with the DA- but bringing "levicorpus" means it HAS to be excluded in the next movie.

"Snape's Worst Memory" was included-as it just HAD to be.

And Umbridge was portrayed just PERFECTLY.

Although I really missed Dumbledore's replacement for Sybill as Divinations teacher- since Umbridge LOATHES hybrids and other beings.

DD having him as a replacement IMMEDIATELY showed he was still on top of everything despite Umbridge.

And, naturally, I'm expecting Book 7 will show that Bellatrix had a completely incorrect line in the big fight scene-

one that was neither stated NOR SUGGESTED in Book 5- which will run flat against canon in about 2 days.

first of all, loved it!

second of all, does anyone know TWI's stance on potter? i mean, both my innie parents read the books and see the films... but when i was a kid i couldn't even watch care bears! WTF? i suppose this is more of a rhetorical question than anything else.. but WTF?

You may be right about Bellatrix's line, WW, but I have to wonder: JKR has had her thumbprint on these movies, and if she wanted to overrule the line and the visible result, she should have done so.

If she allowed that scene and you're wrong, she wanted everyone to know she intended no ambiguity.

If she allowed that scene and you're right, it proves she's fallible (horrors!).

If she did not allow that line and you're right, producers will have a bit of a time trying to undo the mistake.

But we'll know tomorrow, won't we? :)