GreaseSpot Cafe

vpw? Superman? Green Lantern?

WordWolf

This thread's purpose is NOT to claim that all evil in the world proceeded from vpw. (Some did, most did not.)

This thread's purpose is NOT to claim that vpw's works-his

teachings, his books, etc. were of zero usefulness

whatsoever. (Some were quite nice, some had considerable

error, in doctrine as well as phrasing, as written by the

author.)

Since certain people keep trying to claim this is the stance

of anyone who fails to fall in a prostrate manner and

venerate his writings, I felt the need to get that out of

the way AGAIN.

------------------------------------------------------------

This thread IS, specifically, for the wild, grandiose,

inflated claims you've heard over the years. Some of you've

heard all sorts of wild fanboy adulation about vpw. I

suppose anyone's entitled to be a fan(atic) when they want to

be, but there's a limit to REASONABLE claims. I'd like to

see some of the ridiculous abilities, experiences and claims

attributed to vpw.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start off.

I was told, back in 1989, one of the reasons there were

problems after vpw's death was that, as a direct result of

his death,

"that huge network of believing vanished."

That is, an ex-corpse person, who was in "active rebellion"

against twi's draconian statements in 1989, had said that

during vpw's life, his believing, and his believing ALONE,

acted like a huge net over the entire USA, thwarting the

devil like some huge construct of Green Lantern's ring.

Once vpw died, it vanished, forcing the rest of us mortals to

deal with things as best we could.

-------------------------------------------------------

Please chime in anytime, on any subject-I know we've got TONS

out there....

VP = Superman???

In 1976 I attended my first ROA's in Sydney Ohio. I remember the WOW's with whom we travelled saying that VP does not sleep during this whole entire event. He was so 'spiritually' wired that he was awake for the whole 4 days, praying and teaching and meeting needs...

And, the pathetic part of this story is that I believed it! I guess the teaching and meeting needs part was true. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

'til the next time...

quote:
"That is, an ex-corpse person, who was in "active rebellion"against twi's draconian statements in 1989, had said that during vpw's life, his believing, and his believing ALONE,acted like a huge net over the entire USA, thwarting the devil..".

Yea right, I must have heard a score of such claims. Wierwille dies and the whole world goes to pot. Well, maybe the "world" of those that worshipped him crumbled.

But these things are all myths. Even if true ( I think not), there is no way to validate them. These kind of myths only go to exalt the man and make him seem indespensible. The extreme logical extension of this kind of stuff is the canonization of everything a man said or wrote. This is why I think the scriptures are pretty clear about giving the glory to God.

It was TWI that caused the fall if the Soviet Union. If it had not been for Wierwille's stand on the Word countless countries would have fallen to communism, California would have slipped off into the Pacific Ocean, and we would all now be speaking Russian - That is, if the giant comet that was headed directly for the Earth has not been diverted by VPW's great believing.

Gosh, and I could not even believe for a good parking spot at the Mall more than half the time.

Goey

quote:
It was TWI that caused the fall if the Soviet Union. If it had not been for Weirwille's stand on the word countless countries would have fallen to communism.

What a smarmy, con artist, lowlife stupendous claim to have made. What a gratuitous slur against brave folks in the NATO military and dissidents in the former Soviet Union who literally stuck their necks into the chopping block for the cause of human freedom! Solzhenitsyn, Vaclav Havel, Lech Walesa, Andrei Sakharov ....none, it turns out as important to the fall of communism as a certain Mr. Weirwille who lazily and oh so conveniently spewed forth from the safety and comfort of an isolated farm in Ohio. And omygawd, the contributions of the Roman Pontiff himself in Poland.....could that be a major factor that Mr. Weirwille accidently overlooked as well?

But my personal favorite was only a "believer" would be the first to climb Mt. Everest w/out oxygen, a strange "prediction" that continued to be made some five years after Rheinhold Messner first bravely accomplished the impossible. But Mr. Weirwille? He gets the credit for having predicted the idea, even though his prediction came after the fact, doesn't he?

[This message was edited by Larry P2 on April 18, 2003 at 23:41.]

I think VPW also thought of himself as Captain America...

When Doctor Wierwille teaches up a class,

All those who chose to oppose his class must pass!

When it comes to the Word,

And the duel is due,

Then the little orange book comes through,

When Doctor Wierwille teaches up a class!

The fool hath said in his heart, "PFAL is the Word of God..."

When Squeaky From went to shoot the President and her gun did not fire, it was because VP had the foresight to send WOW's there that day. Because of the WOW's presence, under the direction of VP, our President was saved.

Boy was he powerfu1 (snicker)

Praying for our troops to return safely,

Dot Matrix

God told VP to put WOW's on the San Andres fault in California. This prevented the HUGE earthquake which otherwise would have happened.

I recall someone in CA said something bad about TWI and VP said, "I should just take my WOW's off the fault and see what happens to them."

Dot Matrix

This type of thread comes up once in a while. There were lots of these outrageous stories. Most all of us believed them because the teachers believed them so passionately including THE MAN himself. After a while it became clear that they were nuts, basically. We used to just ignore their dumb stories.

It reminds me a little of David Koresh and Jim Jones and others of small mind.

Rev. Chris Gxxx was a huge believer in these myths and an inventor of some of them. He fueled these ridiculous egotistical fires as did LCM.

Did you know that TWI prevented the certain overthrow of the USA by all the witnessing we did and by the production and promotion of America Awakes? It was all going to happen by the bi-centennial in 1976. Heck, I still have my copy of "The Secret new Constitution" which had been drafted by the evil powers, the Catholic church being foremost among them! America Awakes drove back the spirit power. Our country was saved! Thank God all those WOW's signed up. Just in the nick of time. Their door to door and street witnessing changed destiny!

A more recent example in TWI II was Y2K. Quote from LCM and other leaders: "It was the preparation on the household of The Way that kept anything from happening."

I got so sick of hearing about all the things we needed to do to get ready for the "big day". In rebellion of their stupidity, I purposly did all the following at the stroke of midnight:

Was logged on to the intenet on a network.

Was watching TV

Had lots of lights and electricity on

Made a bank transfer online.

Had some water running.

Made a phone call.

Unlocked my doors.

Had no gun or ammo ready in case of looters.

Made an airline reservation.

Did not pray.

Of course I could not tell any leadership I did this or it would have meant severe reprimand if not Mark and Avoid.

Nothing happened. Then I went to bed.

John R.

John

I recall them discussing that Richard Nixon had a plan to eliminate states and instead divide the country into regions. It was all in preperation of the "take over".

I remember storing food in the early 70's when I was frightened of a "take over" the first time by TWI.

And yes we all stood on the WORD and stopped the evil!

That was part of the lure of TWI. I felt POWERFUL. I felt like I could make a difference. I mean, we lived with the mind set of the super heroes! It felt GREAT when I believed we were out there stopping evil! That was a high in itself! Because I went WOW I helped stop the decline of the USA.

Since I left TWI I have not been that powerful. I do miss the high (be it a false one). Now, I look at problems and feel very small. I can become overwhelmed by the problems I face and I hate that feeling.

Boy, I wish we really did have those super hero powers we thought we did.

Dot Matrix

What about the story that it was a Corps Prayer meeting lead by VP that resulted in the death of Vice President Nelson Rockefeller. The story goes that he was the lead conspirator in the drive to replace the Constitution and that the prayers of VP and the Corps (Superman and the Justic League) brought the hand of the Lord down upon him.

JerryB

This one isn't in the Superhero category, but I remember being told that VP prayed for each W.O.W. Ambassador each day. The year I went, there were over 3,000! I remember wondering how the heck he could find time to pray for 3,000 individuals each day. It was because he was SUPERspiritual, no doubt.

JerryB

PS. Love the revised Capt. America theme song, Zix!

Despite all the hocus pocus about America Awakes I thought the album was still pretty good! With the exception that is of "The White House Across the Street".

"He made the Sun shine for me each morning when skies were grey, he made my feet find the promised land when I quit the Way"...

Ok I changed a word! lol

Trefor Heywood

JBAR ..X

Wow, I never heard about the Rockefeller death prayer!

Wow, we were able to give life: we saved Calofornia and Prez Reagan

And take life away: Nelson Roekefeller.

Do you think maybe we were all enamored by a narcississtic fool named VP?

Unbelievable! icon_eek.gif

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on April 29, 2003 at 16:20.]

*grabs pen and paper*

Let's see. Three-thousand people, prayer for

60 seconds each. That's 50 hours a day each day

to pray for them all one minute.

Let's cut the time in half. Thirty seconds of

prayer a day, for all 3000. That's half the

time, or 25 hours a day , each day.

(Reminder: each day has 24 hours.)

Let's cut it in half AGAIN. This means 15

seconds of prayer a day, every day, for all

3,000. That's not a lot of time to pray for

someone.

*steps away for a moment*

Having just timed 15 seconds of prayer, I have

indeed determined that 15 seconds of prayer CAN

cover the basics for a person, although it

leaves no time for specific needs or intentions.

So, let's suppose 15 seconds. (My experiment

showed LESS time would be insufficient unless

you were PRETENDING to pray.)

That's half the time AGAIN, or 12 1/2 hours a

day, each day, CONTINUOUSLY, without a pause,

to pray JUST for the WOWs. Pulling that off ONCE

would be taxing, and be a peculiar absence of

the person 1/2 the day. This does NOT include

any prayers for the WC, the onsite staff, the

grounds, or the "huge network of believing"

to protect the USA.

Adding even 15 seconds-worth of prayer for each,

EVERY day, would require the ability to pray and

believe at speeds exceeding a tobacco auctioneer.

That's not in the Superhero category?

The Flash could keep up with you, but Batman

couldn't.

Remember, he wasn't a machine in the basement-

he needed to at least spend minimum amounts of

time eating, sleeping, meeting the fans, and

blessing a few of them in the back of the

prayermobile once in a while.

--------------

Man, Dot beat me to it.

We could give life and take it away.

-----------------

I think IGotOut and Dot Matrix's combined

believing was what saved us from Y2K returning

us to the Dark Ages, before the internet and

cellphones. Well done, you two. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Adding even 15 seconds-worth of prayer for each,

EVERY day, would require the ability to pray and

believe at speeds exceeding a tobacco auctioneer.

That's not in the Superhero category?

The Flash could keep up with you, but Batman

couldn't.

Besides, do you know how expensive superspeed is? There's no way VPW could have enough Character Points to buy his speed up that high and still buy twelve dice worth of Mind Control... icon_wink.gif;)--> Even if he decided to forego the Mind Control and just buy us all as Normal-level Followers, it would still take, um two to the 17th... 90 points to buy 100,000 followers, which breaks the normal cap on active points in any given power by 50%. So that's 190 out of his 250 points right there, even if the game master allowed it, and he still has to build his Secret Fortress of Attitude in Ohio out of the remaining sixty points, plus buy up his Professional Skill: Basketball level. And that doesn't even cover boosting his starting Intelligence score to perpetuate the scam. As far as selecting his Disadvantages to pay up the balance, he has more than enough Psychological Limitations, and he can take Public Identity for --10 points, but even the Cult Awareness Network didn't qualify for a good Hunted By. I'd throw in Berserk on a 14- roll for -20 points, Dependence on tobacco and Drambuie for another -10.

Nah, VPW doesn't cut it as a Hero System character. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The fool hath said in his heart, "PFAL is the Word of God..."