GreaseSpot Cafe

vpw? Superman? Green Lantern?

WordWolf

It's not the gullibility of the twi followers who are to blame, but the hypocricy and filth of vpw and his management team.

Billie Graham has millions come to his meetings and listen to his teachings, and because he remains a man who seeks to be well-pleasing to the God he serves (and faithful to his mother's admonition to only preach Christ and Him crucified), that people can safely listen to his words.

We were cheated by a cheat. And the cheated is not to blame for the sin of vpw. It was his willful and wicked decision to become the man he became.

-- keeping the record straight and trying to respond to the personal blame indicated for one's gullibility. Naaman the leper was never cited for believing Gehazi and giving Gehazi the gifts he had brought to the man of God. Only Gehazi received the curse for his wickedness.

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

I'll tell you watching LCM fly around stage with Murphy in his red tights-- well folks I think that was his superduper outfit!

Bet he changed in a phone booth and appeared at evil churches everywhere to save them from the terrible teaching they push on the unsuspecting...

Dot_Matrix.gif

Dorothy Thompson:

Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.

• Upvote 1

• 18 years later...

One of vpw's claims about himself:

Microbe:

"I remember him telling the Corps about the times he would sit in a chair in his "room" for hours and hours, under such incredible stress that all he could do was hang on until it was clear that Michael had won that particular battle. It required his total concentration and nothing helped. People (his wife etc) had to just leave him alone in the dark for extended periods of time. He described it as something like mental torture. He stood in the GAP! He never mentioned Jesus Christ as far as I remember. At the time it sounded to me (not a doctor - ok) like the man was suffering anxiety attacks. He also said he had trouble sleeping and was seeking medical attention. His MD, a believer, of course dismissed this and calmed his concerns about mental stress. Of course he was sound minded-he just had to save the world!"

waysider:

"VPW was connected to Liberty Lobby. He got conspiracy information from them and passed it off to us, leading us to believe he had gotten the information by revelation. One of these theories involved the USSR taking over the USA. (mid 1970s) If the USA fell to Communism, the Word would be lost again because only TWI had the ability to rightly divide it. We had lots of prayer vigils and kept the situation high on our lift lists. There's a WHOLE lot more to the story, but, in summary,  our believing and SIT was all that saved America. We were helping VPW to stand in the gap.:rolleyes:

Dat's Riiiiight."

johniam:

"Back in 1980 or so, the coordinator of the music group I was in said that VP was the 7th "THE man of God" and that this was very significant. I never heard that same message from anybody else and I'm not sure what it even means, but I do believe that VPs combination of gift ministries was unique, not cookie cutter. Nobody has duplicated the respect and impact he got from his people. LCM acted like he had automatically earned that respect, but he did not."

This absurd claim spawned a thread of its own to investigate who the other 6 The Men of God were. It seems to belong in this thread, too.