GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Mental Health Project

Cindy!

This isn't an assignment from the classes I'm taking, but it IS inspired from them!!!

A large part of counseling for younger children (and senior adults, too) involves play therapy: in other words.... crafts, jewelry making, pottery, etc.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get craft items in bulk????

You know....ribbons, yarn, fabric, glue, sequins, picture frames, artist paper, decorative scissors, felt, rubber stamps, balloons, wire, pipe cleaners.....ANY and ALL craft stuff.

If anyone knows of folks who donate that stuff, that'd be AWESOME!!!!!!

A bunch of us (in my masters degree cohort) wanna get stuff together and go into domestic abuse shelters and other public service organizations and volunteer our time to help some kids and some elderly folk.

If you don't wanna post here....you can email me at: chindy004@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!!

Edited by Cindy!

Sometimes you can go to frame shops and ask them to save their mat scraps for you. Go in about every 4 months and they will give you a pile of heavy colored mat board. This can be used for a bunch of stuff.

I also go to Hobby Lobby for craft supplies in bulk. You can also approach Guilds - go through a Needlepoint and Embroidery shop, a shop that sells quilting supplies or any place that runs classes for the various guilds that partake in these classes. Tell them what you need and bring them a big laundry basket. Ask them to put any scraps in there and that you'll pick them up about every three months. If you let the supplies build up too much they get upset because it just feels like trash is building up.

You could also try your local "freecycle" website. There is one in my area for my local county and the metro area of the large city we live in. You can give away a whole bunch of things and also post wanted messages. The general rule is that you offer more items than items you post as wants. If you find the website, they should have rules posted too.

(My original idea was the Oriental trading thing too.)

I don't know if it's a national chain, but here in the Phoenix area, I go to a craft store called Michael's.

It IS a chain, I just don't know how big of a chain. And they have LOTS of stuff.

And Tandy Leather Factory stores (in many states) have LOTS of leathercraft tools, kits and supplies.

I've taken up leathercrafting in the last 15 or so months.

I don't know if it's a national chain, but here in the Phoenix area, I go to a craft store called Michael's.

It IS a chain, I just don't know how big of a chain. And they have LOTS of stuff.

And Tandy Leather Factory stores (in many states) have LOTS of leathercraft tools, kits and supplies.

I've taken up leathercrafting in the last 15 or so months.

Michael's

Tandy Leather Factory

both links also include store locator options.