GreaseSpot Cafe

Speed Dating

likeaneagle

Speed dating sounds like the *fast track* for men to get the ---

*Honey do* list handed to them (especially on week-ends).

"Honey -- do this. Honey -- do that"

If you could learn if the person has *Honey do* on their plate within that time frame ---

it just might be worthwhile to know whom to ignore!!

;)

I guess Woody Allen was right. In his 1974 movie 'The Sleeper' his character went 200 years into the future where people "performed" sex by getting into a phone booth called an orgasmatron. The whole experience lasted 5 seconds. Speed dating sounds like the first major step in that direction unless you count phone sex.

You hard hearted mean spirited "I've got mine good luck finding yours".........people!!! You sound like Republicans talking about money... or maybe Democrats ... talking about... well ... money!

okay all jokes aside.... think finding a compatable sig. other is easy???? Where ya gonna go?? The 3 major sources for adult socialization: work, school, friends/family... #4 if you go ... church.

Evolve folks... 30 , 40, 50 somethings are usually BUSY BUSY people, meeting & dating take time and money. Things have really changed in the last 30 years. We do NOT have time to meet people like we once did. Work, school (the kids school that is), household responsibiities, take up 26 hours a day!! When do ya sleep any more?? C'mon, give em a break!!

I think it's a great idea. I think on line stuff like "match" is great.... ( I know about it like most people, it's pop up, or side block ads all over the place). They both save time and money for people looking for a companion.

To be sure, there are 100's of trolls in "those things"... just like anything else. If God hadn't allowed me to keep the angel I found, (in other words, were I single and wanted to "settle down") I'd do it in a minute.

I think it's like any other modern day dating venture. Have fun, broaden your horizons a little, and see what's really out there in the world. Be open to meeting new people and maybe let down a fence or two. When we get wrapped up in our own little world, our parameters shrink. I think online dating, speed dating, singles seminars and gatherings are great places to step out of our comfort zone and see who might be interested in us.

I saw Tom Arnold speed dating on the Tonight Show last week. It was pretty entertaining.

Al, if you're someone who's looking, the best advice I can offer is don't give up. Don't think it's not worth it or if you haven't found someone by a certain time or age, you never will. When people give up the mental effort, they give up the physical effort but keep believing you're worth it. And if you're not looking, those of you who are take heart. :love3:

I think it's like any other modern day dating venture. Have fun, broaden your horizons a little, and see what's really out there in the world. Be open to meeting new people and maybe let down a fence or two. When we get wrapped up in our own little world, our parameters shrink. I think online dating, speed dating, singles seminars and gatherings are great places to step out of our comfort zone and see who might be interested in us.

I saw Tom Arnold speed dating on the Tonight Show last week. It was pretty entertaining.

Al, if you're someone who's looking, the best advice I can offer is don't give up. Don't think it's not worth it or if you haven't found someone by a certain time or age, you never will. When people give up the mental effort, they give up the physical effort but keep believing you're worth it. And if you're not looking, those of you who are take heart. :love3:

Indeed the world HAS changed -- substantially and significantly -- in the last 30 years. (probably because of "the Word of God being preached by followers of The Way International... he says "tongue-in-cheek").

I'm single and retired. IF I were looking, speed dating might be worth considering. However, in the course of my life these days, there are other places where I meet people... including the community college fitness center/gym (where I go at least four times/week to work out), my dentist's office (I've had quite a bit of dental work done in the last two years), the children's shelter at which I volunteer, and at my local VA medical center (where I go usually 3 times/week for various reasons, but usually for meetings/activities at which I meet other fellow veterans).

Oh, and btw, I just received the Sept/Oct 2007 issue of the AARP magazine in the today's mail. One of the articles teased on the cover is about speed dating. It MIGHT be available online (hint, google) ... but if not, I'll check it out in a day or two and will let you know what it says about the subject.

Edited by Rocky