GreaseSpot Cafe

Autism Vaccine Controversy

Mrs. Bolshevik

Thought this was quite bold of a man to do.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...-additives.aspx

I didn't know all those things were in the additives that are injected into babies.

Mrs. B :thinking:

Ahhh! Parenthood.

It's that time in life when you really begin to understand the meaning of the word"dilemma".

If you get them their shots, it might have an adverse effect.

If you DON'T get them their shots, they can't go to school.

Hang in there Mrs. B., we're all pulling for you .

And speaking of pulling, before you know it, they will be asking to borrow the car and you'll be "pulling" your hair out.

You'll look back and smile and reflect on how big our God really is. :wink2:

Waysider,

Thanks for the support!

Oh, the glorious things to look forward too.

Oh, and George R,

Maybe,

If you went to Med School RIGHT NOW!!! By the time you got out the total would be high enough to pay for all of Med School. And then, you would also have a new career. :)

Mrs. B

Edited by Mrs. Bolshevik

I guess the first question I would have is:

How MUCH do they expect him to drink? And how much is in an injection?

Hell, I'm no doctor but if it's an amount equivalent to an injection, sign me up!

Damn! I knew I should've gone to Med School...

Well George, I think the key is in the adjustment to make the dose proportional by body weight.... IOW, if a baby is 20 lbs normally when they receive said vaccination, and you are 200 lbs, then the amount of themirosol (or whatever it is) would be increased tenfold.

I think it's a good thing I had no idea that these things were in the shots my kid had to get. I probably would have freaked out.

She's rapidly approaching her 18th birthday (in Oct) and thankfully she's not autistic.

From Dr. Barrett's "Quackwatch" site:

"In 2005, the FDA ordered Mercola and his Optimal Wellness Center to stop making illegal claims for products sold through his Web site ."

(and it goes on for several pages)

And Dr. Mercola is a D.O. and his main proponents are in the Chiro industry.

Hmmm, my spidey senses are tingling...

And no, Rocky, I don't agree that a strict proportionality according to body weight would be appropriate.

We're talking about a preservative used to stablize a given amount of vaccine. The preservative has to be proportional to the amount of VACCINE not the recipient.

And then there's the problem of who's going to determine and mix the dosages. The little I've read of Dr. Mercola doesn't fill me with confidence that I'd want him filling my prescription...

I had read some articles somewhere that there could be a possible link to the growing rate of autism and vaccinations.

My sister, born in 1973, had terrible allergic (???) reactions to her vaccinations. She developed horrible blisters on her hands, arms and chest from the Measle/Mump/Rubella vaccine.

One strange case of an autistic child studied (in the link to vaccines) was complicated by the fact the identical twin that received the same shots as the autistic child did, did not show evidence of one single autistic trait.

I personally think it has more to do with general additives that probably alter our genes in a more global general kind of way....because autism is not the only thing on the rise.

And then the time we live in begs the question, how much of it is just known now because people don't hide their children away like the used to?

Edited by washingtonweather

From Dr. Barrett's "Quackwatch" site:

"In 2005, the FDA ordered Mercola and his Optimal Wellness Center to stop making illegal claims for products sold through his Web site ."

(and it goes on for several pages)

And Dr. Mercola is a D.O. and his main proponents are in the Chiro industry.

Hmmm, my spidey senses are tingling...

And no, Rocky, I don't agree that a strict proportionality according to body weight would be appropriate.

We're talking about a preservative used to stablize a given amount of vaccine. The preservative has to be proportional to the amount of VACCINE not the recipient.

And then there's the problem of who's going to determine and mix the dosages. The little I've read of Dr. Mercola doesn't fill me with confidence that I'd want him filling my prescription...

Oh, I don't think such a proportionality would be a good idea either. And I'm with you on allowing the guy to fill my Rx's.

I carefully read one of the links Mrs B supplied; specifically the one about brain development. I don't know if vaccinations directly cause autism but in some cases it seems there is a correlation. This connection, if it exists, could be minimized or eliminated if the injections were given at a later point in the child's life when the brain had more completely formed.

Isn't there some stipulation about exemption Fromm these inoculations on "religious grounds"? Schools must make exceptions in those cases.

I purchased the kits for most of Kelly's vaccines and she's due another tetanus dose this year.

And now she's 2 shots into the 3 required for the HPV vaccine being administered at her doctors office and will be getting the meningitis vaccine in a month too.

It is a monumental pain in the a$$ to administer myself, and for school my records have had to be meticulous, but worth it, overall.

She was a planned home birth and much assist from midwife and homeopath pro to make vaccine decisions that I never could have made with full knowledge on my own.

My oldest, now 25, had the conventional shots of vaccines at doctors office.

I notice no differance in either child that would lead me to suggest one form of vaccine administration over another.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North