GreaseSpot Cafe

Are Squirrels Evil?

Ham

Are they really evil?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Squirrel experiences:

• Never had a problem. They are my friends
    • They are a minor inconvenience. Ate my bulbs and tulips
    • They are nasty. Attacked my car. Filled the breather tube and engine with acorns.
    • They are destructive. Removed roof/siding/insulation from my house.
    • They are pure evil. I was attacked by a squirrel.

I have a cute story regarding squirrels.

We have large wind chimes hanging outside above the back porch. In the winter we feed the squirrels as well as the birds.

One squirrel would come to the back porch while the others ate below on the driveway so I rewarded him by putting nuts on the porch. The funny thing was that he would bang on the chimes for more peanuts when he was finished. So..I put more out and senario gets repeated , and repeated. He also would bang on the back door! They may be pesty, but they are smart! I hope you get a laugh!

I have a cute story regarding squirrels.

We have large wind chimes hanging outside above the back porch. In the winter we feed the squirrels as well as the birds.

One squirrel would come to the back porch while the others ate below on the driveway so I rewarded him by putting nuts on the porch. The funny thing was that he would bang on the chimes for more peanuts when he was finished. So..I put more out and senario gets repeated , and repeated. He also would bang on the back door! They may be pesty, but they are smart! I hope you get a laugh!

You'll have a real laugh when you find Hammeroni sitting on your back door... :biglaugh:

Squirrels are in my opinion tree rats.

One lady was trapping them and then painted them to see if they came back. Yes they do. Remove them more than 10 miles.

Am trrying to picture her getting the squirrel to hold still while she sprays it with flourescent orange paint....:D

It only takes the power company an hour and a half to get out and replace the fuse when they step the wrong way up the pole. Sounds like a cannon going off.

A family of squirrels have built a nest directly under the transformer on the pole at the end of my back yard.

I can't wait for that to explode in the middle of the night.

I'll probably need a dose of nitroglycerine for myself!

I like squirrels and their funny ways of reburying the nuts. I give them mixed nuts(Peanuts, pecans,walnuts, brasilia nuts) during times of drought/heat or when bitterly cold with snow. Also like rabbits, beavers, groundhogs, raccoons, and cats. Maybe I am St. Francis reincarnated (unlike a certain deceased preacher from Ohio). :biglaugh:

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

• 1 month later...

Speaking of sqiurels, which type is Mr. Ham: Secret Squirrel(Hanna-Barbera), Rocky(Jay Ward), or Slappy from Annimaniacs(Warner Brothers)?

One year we planted corn in our garden back in New York and the varmints would steal the ears of corn off the stalk. That was the only time I wished I had a shotgun !

Our cat is an indoor cat so watching squirrels run on our back deck is his entertainment.

Mr. Hamm,

You are funny!

I don't think squirrels are evil, I think they're cute. I did have a kind of scary experience once with one. I was eating my lunch outside at UCLA one day, and a squirrel came right up and jumped on my lap looking for some of my sandwich. I was so startled that I threw the whole sandwich on the ground just to get the squirrel off my lap.

BTW

Are you single? The reason I ask is because I just read an article in the uk telegraph online (it was on the property market in the UK) and on the side of the page was this singles ad from Telegraph dating. She sounds perfect for you. Of course if you're married maybe you have a relative who would like her:

Why should you get to know SuperSquirrel?

I am a happy, chirpy person, with a passion for scampering about and laughing at mishaps and silly things.

Here's the link:

http://dating.telegraph.co.uk/s/view/23857...-dating05070704