GreaseSpot Cafe

Anybody else remember this?

Ham

I remember this. Or at least I think I do..

In front of a live(?) audience, the vicster claimed that the McDonalds fast foot chain concept was originally his own idea. That if he implemented it, that he'd be rich.

Further claimed, the Kroc stole his idea, took the first letter of vic's last name, and turned it upside down and planted it in the ground, thus making the now famous Mc"D's golden arch..

Anybody else remember this? Or were the drugs really that good back in the good old days?

:biglaugh:

I vividly remember him describing the arch, how Krok got ahold of it, turned it upside down..

Just another one of the surreal days in der vey..

Hmm. It could be.. in his wildest dreams, he really WANTED W's littering the landscape.. "in the harvest time of life, leave a few W's standing.."

I don't remember that, but I do remember him saying the interstate highways took up too much valuable farmland. He said highways should be elevated on pillars like a bridge so crops could be grown underneath.

In front of a live(?) audience, the vicster claimed that the McDonalds fast foot chain concept was originally his own idea. That if he implemented it, that he'd be rich.

Further claimed, the Kroc stole his idea, took the first letter of vic's last name, and turned it upside down and planted it in the ground, thus making the now famous Mc"D's golden arch..

Anybody else remember this? Or were the drugs really that good back in the good old days?

I remember at least part of it, the part about it being his idea.

I don't remember the part about the arches.

I am pretty sure he used this example during the advanced class to promote the concept that all great ideas originated with revelation. And, he went on to use his failure to act on it as a lesson to us to obey revelation,especially if it was being spoken by a MOG. "When God says 'jump', you don't ask how high."

He cited several other examples of how he felt all the major developments of mankind must have come via revelation.

He also said that some came as revelation from "the wrong camp".

(And I had quit the dreaded pharmacia by that time.) :wink2:

If my recollection is correct, it was presented to hundreds of other listeners in that particular session, as well.

Edited by waysider

Can't attest to the latter claims about Kroc,

but about the Crock docvic claimed --------

I do remember hearing he *received heavy rev* for a fast food joint.

He mentioned it to Uncle Harry, and NOW (since it was spoken aloud),

da debbil had access to it, took it, and ran with it.

Once it was in the *senses* world, and now no longer *private revelation*,

da debbil had access to it and could utilize the revelation

that he wouldn't've had access to, if it hadn't been spoken aloud.

Do I believe it?? No.

Did I then??? Probably.

and I'll add a disclaimer if I may ----- ;)

I really DON'T remember where I heard this.

It coulda been at one of my trips to hdqtrs

(so would be on a SNS teaching ---

and I'm too lazy to look for something SOOO insignificant).

Or it coulda been someone else who told the story.

I really don't remember which, but yes ---

I heard (at least part of that) as well.

(I wonder if docvic had *supersizing* in that revelation as well??)

:spy:

I don't remember that, but I do remember him saying the interstate highways took up too much valuable farmland. He said highways should be elevated on pillars like a bridge so crops could be grown underneath.

That's some interesting stuff there, when you consider that the original concept for "interstate" type/ superhighways actually was conceived in the early twentieth century and made into a reality by none other than Adolph Hitler.

He built the very first large scale version of this type of highway (The Autobahn, which opened in the early 1930s)

Those sound like variations of Hitler's original ideas.

The interstate highway system that exists in America today was derived directly from earlier efforts and ideas of Hitler.

It's hard to believe that even a monster like Hitler had at least some sort of positive impact on history.

It was no myth Johnny. I actually remember him saying it, just a little sketchy on all of the details. But I remember the arches..

that may have been it.. he claimed it was "revealed" to him, and der debil punished him for it by turning W's upside down from coast to coast..

Yeah, I don't remember the thingy about the arches either, but I do remember the Vicster sitting down with "his" advanced class pupils at Emporia, all comfortable-like while he got down with his homeys, and revealing how God had showed him how with all the cars on the road that fast-food restaurants would be all the rage.

And who can doubt that all the fastfood joints in the country are of divine origin? Such healthy food and served and consumed in such heavenly manner...

I remember at least part of it, the part about it being his idea.

I don't remember the part about the arches.

I am pretty sure he used this example during the advanced class to promote the concept that all great ideas originated with revelation. And, he went on to use his failure to act on it as a lesson to us to obey revelation,especially if it was being spoken by a MOG. "When God says 'jump', you don't ask how high."

He cited several other examples of how he felt all the major developments of mankind must have come via revelation.

He also said that some came as revelation from "the wrong camp".

(And I had quit the dreaded pharmacia by that time.) :wink2:

If my recollection is correct, it was presented to hundreds of other listeners in that particular session, as well.

I THINK (emphasis on the word *think*), that Waysider has it right.

There was one teaching of an AC that was used for a SNS way-back-when:

and this might've been it.

I know I've got it here at the house. Meebe I'll look for it after all. ;)

I absolutely remember vpw saying this about the interstate highways taking up too much valuable farmland...... and that there should be double-decked highways all across America to conserve farmland. And, I seem to remember that vpw said he took this idea to the state transportation offices and was laughed at for even proposing such a concept.

I suppose if VP were alive today, he might be claiming the idea for "Supers!ze Me" was his.

(In keeping with the McD theme)

Would it seem like too much of an oversimplification to simply say I think he may have been delusional?

Edited by waysider

Yes, I also heard from varying sources, the "if you speak it out in the senses, the god of this world has access to it." I believe it was spoken by LCM in a live advanced class - he was the one who related the Mc Donalds incident himself. Just think, it could have been called "Mc Con-alds." :biglaugh:

Also, IF God actually did give him revelation on this, was he then disobedient for not carrying it out? Isn't disobeying God something called SIN?

And to go one step further, was RayKroc devil-possessed? Also, the concept of fast food, is it of God or of the devil? Could not have VPW implemented a

competitive brand of and for God? And if God showed him this vision, but he didn't carry it out, what was the purpose of the revelation? For what profit was it?

(remember, each manifestation, when energized, is to bring forth a short and long term profit / benefit that God wanted energized to His glory). Hard pressed to think BK or Micky D's is a glory. I thought revelation was not supposed to be optional when given.

Noah, build the ark. However, if you don't, that's OK too.

Yeah, you got a point, Patriot.

He bragged about God giving him revelation about something that proved, ultimately, not to be so "Godly" after all. :confused:

Funny,too(not the HaHa kind), that he related ideas similar to those of Hitler from decades previous.

Why, it's enough to make you wonder if he didn't maybe do some "research" on Hitler and The Third Reich.

Actually, that thing about the adversary having access to it, once you say it, is in the PFAL class.

It's that part where he talks about the preacher who pre-planned and wrote out his sermons.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember this being in Dealing With The Adversary, also.

(The part about "once it's revealed in the senses realm-----")

I do remember that he (VP) believed that there was oil in Alaska, and that he sent a guy up here with an oil drill rig, paid for by him or Uncle Harry, and that the guy bombed on him, didn't look in the right place, and used his drill rig to make money drilling for water instead. The guy then, because he no longer was looking for oil, lost his leg in a commercial fishing accident and almost died. I think the guys name was Van Swearingen, or something like that. Anybody know anything more about that?

GARSH! Oil in Alaska? Who'd a thunk, huh?

Well it seems this guy did (in 1896):

"Oil and gas seeps occur along the Gulf of Alaska coastline. These seeps were undoubtedly discovered by local Native inhabitants, but Tom White is credited with the discovery of oil at Katalla in 1896. Most of the wells in the Katalla district, including the discovery well, were drilled on oil seeps or near other producing wells. Wells in the field appear to have produced from fractured sandstone and siltstone within the shaley middle part of the Katalla Formation, at depths ranging from 360' to 1,750'. Comparable zones of fractured rocks along faults or folds elsewhere in the Katalla district appear to offer the best possibilities for accumulations of oil in quantity equal to or larger than the Katalla oil field. Most of the known anticlines are of small amplitude, are tightly compressed, and lack structural closure. (USGS Open File Report 50 p. 63-64 and USGS Open File 75-508)." - AAOGC survey

And - similar to his fastfood empire - the Mr. Wierwille just couldn't seem to get the details worked out, huh?

That devil sure is a pesky little guy...

Jonny

I'm pretty sure it was well known by hydrologists and geologists what lies beneath the surface in Alaska long before the days of Uncle Harry and VP.

The Van Swearingen family is well known in Ohio for their work in geology and drilling as well as their ties to a historic figure known as Blue Jacket.

I work in a related field. Drilling is a crap shoot. Sometimes you hit water, sometimes you hit gas, sometimes oil and sometimes you hit the big goose egg. Sometimes you have to drill for one on purpose to find another.

There is also a Van Swearingen family( maybe even the same family roots) who are well known as seafaring people.

(17th and 18th century)

At any rate, if the Alaska story has credence to it, I personally doubt his misfortune was due to not following the orders of the MOG.

Just my opinion, brother, everybody's got one.

PS-- let's talk harmonicas sometime.

But, I don't think there was much commercial activity up here at the time the guy came up here with the rig. Supposedly it had to do with the guy being able to "stake a claim" before the Big Oil people did. But, he blew his assignment, and payed for it with not an arm, but a leg...

I do remember that he (VP) believed that there was oil in Alaska, and that he sent a guy up here with an oil drill rig, paid for by him or Uncle Harry, and that the guy bombed on him, didn't look in the right place, and used his drill rig to make money drilling for water instead. The guy then, because he no longer was looking for oil, lost his leg in a commercial fishing accident and almost died. I think the guys name was Van Swearingen, or something like that. Anybody know anything more about that?

Hi JonnyL and all -- dont remember the oil in Alaska. Clearly remember McDonald's (but not the arches thing.)

Anyone else remember the -I have a method to make the snow across USSR burn, to conquer the Soviet Union and if you tell anyone it will be under penalty of death- ...