GreaseSpot Cafe

Anybody else remember this?

Ham

Hi JonnyL and all -- dont remember the oil in Alaska. Clearly remember McDonald's (but not the arches thing.)

Anyone else remember the -I have a method to make the snow across USSR burn, to conquer the Soviet Union and if you tell anyone it will be under penalty of death- ...

Well, if I told you I remembered, wouldn't I still be subject to the penalty of death?

Seems like we might have discussed this at the "initiation into the inner sanctum".

Oh, my gosh!!! I did it again!

Fast food started on 1912 in NY a restaurant called Automat. Then White Castle started the first chain in 1921. Colonel Sanders mastered his quick cooking technique and road side fast food service in the 1940s spearheading his fast food chain. McDs founded in 1940 by Dick and Mac McDonald (hence the letter M) didn’t get big until Ray Kroc bought it in 1961 and mastered the fast food industry that was already going. So I am not sure what kind of heavy-revy VPW was getting.

I remember this. Or at least I think I do..

In front of a live(?) audience, the vicster claimed that the McDonalds fast foot chain concept was originally his own idea. That if he implemented it, that he'd be rich.

Further claimed, the Kroc stole his idea, took the first letter of vic's last name, and turned it upside down and planted it in the ground, thus making the now famous Mc"D's golden arch..

Anybody else remember this? Or were the drugs really that good back in the good old days?

:biglaugh:

:rolleyes:

I remember this. He must have told this to many audiences. I can't remember where I was when I heard it, but it was quite a long time ago, I entered TWI in 1974 and got out 1987 or so.

:rolleyes:

I remember this. He must have told this to many audiences. I can't remember where I was when I heard it, but it was quite a long time ago, I entered TWI in 1974 and got out 1987 or so.

Rosestoyou --- Welcome to GreaseSpot Cafe. :)

May I offer you the first cup of coffee??

cup-of-coffee.jpg

Thanks for the cup of coffee! :rolleyes: Still learning my way around and trying to find old friends from TWI.

There's a sticky at the top of this forum that you might find of some use.

(Or you might not, but we meant well.)

The Friend-Finder forum is specifically for finding old friends, if you're specifically

looking to do that.

Of course, you're welcome to participate in any threads you see fit, whether serious, or

frivolous, regardless of forum.