GreaseSpot Cafe

Writing a Cult Book!

Bumpy

Here’s an idea? Why don’t all you injured or uninjured, philosophical, intellectual, former twi cultists organize a book based on your way experiences...?

I think Word Wolf would be a good editor and all of you could move from one chapter heading to another. Start with an outline & maybe with a polling of subject matter based on priorities?

Once it’s finished you can find a publisher and start selling it to the scientologists and all the other groups of disenfranchised former cultists wondering what happened to their lives. But don’t leave out the humorous parts, otherwise no one would have a laugh at all. That could be Hammeroni’s department! :biglaugh:

And if it made money, you would have enough $$$ to buy that retirement chateau in France and we could all go to the French outdoor markets together! All would have not been for naught! :eusa_clap:

ok, you go first :wink2:

My posting of #312768 was a little entertaining for some? I just think maybe all the agony of repetition could be used in some form of moving forward? I know some just want to keep rewinding the same thread, but even for me after 7 months at GS it gets a little tiresome hearing it over and over.

I'm sure I will take some flack for that comment! <_<

My posting of #312768 was a little entertaining for some? I just think maybe all the agony of repetition could be used in some form of moving forward? I know some just want to keep rewinding the same thread, but even for me after 7 months at GS it gets a little tiresome hearing it over and over.

I'm sure I will take some flack for that comment! <_<

Did you listen to last nights Talkshoe? If not you might want to.

Did you listen to last nights Talkshoe? If not you might want to.

Eyes, I listened for about 45 min. & fell asleep at the counter. I'm 6 hours later on the time clock here. Why don't you just fill me in on the finer points...

Eyes, I listened for about 45 min. & fell asleep at the counter. I'm 6 hours later on the time clock here. Why don't you just fill me in on the finer points...

I only mention it because a "anthology" style book was discussed. But the discussion mostly revolved around the "stories" that are told by some Spotters. We discussed the benefit that some of the victory style stories could help others and that it would be longer lasting if it were written someplace other than cyberspace.

I only mention it because a "anthology" style book was discussed. But the discussion mostly revolved around the "stories" that are told by some Spotters. We discussed the benefit that some of the victory style stories could help others and that it would be longer lasting if it were written someplace other than cyberspace.

I only started the thread because it would be nice to see something more "positive" come out of all this history of pain. Besides, creating a "book" thread could be therapeutic as well as helping people to maybe move on...?

Some people (women) I think might be here for other reasons than just hashing over their past experiences of "rape"? If after 10 or 20 years it's still an emotional problem, they need a doctor and a meds review. Because it's over, and the sands are running through the glass. It's time to pick up the pieces and move forward. <_<

I can feel I'm treading on thin ice here, there's no offense intended.

Some scars never go away I guess ... but I'm no therapist ... it does seem a constant reliving of the bad is not helpful.

Having arrived here a couple years ago, I first wondered if twi still existed, and really went years with barely a thought of twi.

But it is a little fun to be in touch with people from that decade of my life. Kinda like old folks that remember the days of horse and buggy maybe. :)

I can't even relate to folks that were in during the Martinfail era after '86 ... but it is fun to run in to chaps like bumpy and evan and jardinero (where did she go?) ... it is a group of chatters that have a common bond ...

The cult forums and pain forums are areas I don't dwell on ... I can understand support groups, not sure how much help is gotten here, but there are other forums ...

I don't have much of anything to contribute to the effort anymore.

I "blew my wad" on WayDale years ago.

I got it all out and now it's all gone. I was thoroughly ....ed for all the crap I put up with at WayWorld and posted several times a day for months. But the fire's out now. Sorry.

I'm sure glad "exTWI" didn't charge for the therapy. Gawd, I'd owe him a fortune...

Like Catcup has said before "The story has to be told and retold to get the under belly of twi exposed"

With that said,Yes why do we not move on?We have,I believe we are having an inpact,on twi as well as

ourselves,Innies read this forum new people read it wanna bes read it.

I am not yelling caps are for emphasis IF PEOPLE STAY OUT OF THE CULT IT WILL HAVE BEEN WORTH IT!

I only started the thread because it would be nice to see something more "positive" come out of all this history of pain. Besides, creating a "book" thread could be therapeutic as well as helping people to maybe move on...?

Some people (women) I think might be here for other reasons than just hashing over their past experiences of "rape"? If after 10 or 20 years it's still an emotional problem, they need a doctor and a meds review. Because it's over, and the sands are running through the glass. It's time to pick up the pieces and move forward. <_<

I can feel I'm treading on thin ice here, there's no offense intended.

I got your meaning Bumpy. I was just wondering if you had heard the podcast. You must admit it was a bit coincidental. But they do happen. Quite often around me for some reason. Anyway....I think that it would be good for the stories to be told and put onto hard copy to preserve for others to learn from. It could be healing for the authors as well. Sometimes it helps to get it out...and if you may help someone else in the process then so much the better.

Well Bumpy, I guess that I thought it was a pretty good idea at first. I have a lot of stories that I have shared in chat and around the campfire that have been shared through the years...As you explain yourself further though... there is a feeling of meanness in what you suggest....like an *in your face* to those whom are sharing their account of abuse suffered.

There is room and use for both.

I understand that you are sick of the negative storis of horrendous abuse. But have you considered that maybe, just maybe that is isn`t you this time that is necessarily being helped?

Can you hold your nose in distaste and tolerate yet ANOTHER abuse story ...if in relating these accounts someone is helped?? Yeah it comes up a couple times a year, but each time there are new people that are reading and being delivered....there is a person that finally is able to share their story when they find out after all of these years that , Hey it wasn`t just me being a loser.

There are people who weren`t here to read these accounts 2 yrs ago 4 yrs ago 6 yrs ago.

For you and others...you don`t need it....ok....please please understand though...that it is of value to someone else, and don`t deny them that healing, nor dismiss the importance of the ones willing to share their information. It is all part of the body of christ working together.

Your idea is a good one, there is something like that in the works, which is probably why the response has been minimal.

Edited by rascal

Here’s an idea? Why don’t all you injured or uninjured, philosophical, intellectual, former twi cultists organize a book based on your way experiences...?

<snip>

And if it made money, you would have enough $$$ to buy that retirement chateau in France and we could all go to the French outdoor markets together! All would have not been for naught! :eusa_clap:

Seems like a future Michael Moore movie. TWI seemed to be fairly Republican at the top so his George Soros would back him. :)

Al Gore invented documentaries so I'm sure he'd get on board too. ;)

Bumpy, bringing up a retirement chateau might be a sore subject for old corps folks.

JT

• 3 weeks later...

I find writing to be very helpful in sorting things out. Sometime in the future, I may take you up on your offer, Eagle!

I find writing to be very helpful in sorting things out. Sometime in the future, I may take you up on your offer, Eagle!

Penworks, appropriate name for the thread. Good luck sorting things out, but don't wait too long. Someone else might come along and steal the idea...like that Herr Word Wolf guy :biglaugh: !

By the way, have you seen two female sharks swimming around these parts??

I have to say that I looked at this site for over a year before officially joining (three years to be exact). I was a proud member of TWI while looking. I read an account or two, and said to myself, "Ah their just making this up, just like Rev. so and so said." I would read another account a few months later, and another, and another. Get the picture!!! At some point between all the stories on this site, all the damaging information on empirenet (which really can't be refuted), and a real look at was going on between my ears made me draw a conclusion. I WAS DECEIVED!!! I really am part of a cult. This ministry really did abuse people, and yes it really did mistreat people you once considered your friend (mark and avoid)... Then I had to look in the mirror and admit that: I was deceived, and that I, yes I, bought into the mindset so much that I blindly mistreated others by blindly following leaders who wrongly emotionally abused and cast out my fellow friends and christians. This was a hard pill for me to swallow! But I would still be in TWI if it were not for all the stories by so many that I COULDN'T IGNORE it anymore.

Just as a side note TWI is allowing people to leave easier, and is not anywhere near as autocratic as it was. I'm not saying anyone should go back!!! I'm just saying new members might be harder and harder to come by for Greasespot for awhile. New TWI people are not going to some of this stuff again until their numbers get back up again. TWI understands that their membership is LOW... They understand that they need to treat people nicer right now. They even said so on the field a year and a half ago. This site and these stories are the stop gate to keep people OUT of TWI before they ever even get started. Not 14 years later when they finally realize that it's A CULT (I speak from experience).

P.S. I would like to take this opportunity to say I'm sorry to anyone who was wrongly thrown out, and didn't have anyone have the back-bone to stand up for you. I can personally think back to a couple of times I should have gone down mark and avoid with one of my friends, and didn't. I apologize for that. But in the end I paid the price for it as well.