GreaseSpot Cafe

Announcements from HQ

insurgent

The almighty holy ground of twi could only scrape together 7 kids for their latest foundational class at hq.

Prices for missing Thanksgiving with your family to attend the spiritually enriching ac special this year:

admission - $185 per person

meal ticket - $125 per person

room - $79 per night

Airline tickets - ??

the annoucement said that NEARLY 2000 people attended the last one 2 years ago. Wonder how many will be there this year.

the plea for money....err....spiel before the abs was taken up...mentioned how our abundant sharing makes things like this possible.

I don't understand though. If I have to shell out over $1,000 for my family to come how is my abundant sharing paying for this? If I'm smart and bought a house or a car and I was stupid enough to tell them about it, I can't go to this because I'm not spiritually mature enough to attend. But I'm helping pay for this whether I want to or not because my abundant sharing makes this possible.

Why don't they cut the admission fee and do better on those prices for the bird food you have to buy because there's nothing nearby to go to. If you don't get a rental car or pack enough food to eat in your room you're screwed paying astronomical prices for food.

SSDD in good old twi.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God

Jesus Christ

God loves all

Hi Insurgent

quote:
how is my abundant sharing paying for this?

Your abundant sharing is paying for the lead leadership Steaks three times a day and top of the line

But for $125.00 they will give Chickin and rice two times a day and one hard boild egg for the third meal

But you know they will want you to bring at least $200.00 for abundant sharing while your there And they will tell that is what you owe out of the money it cost to come

I bet they they even need your money or at least want it

If they was loving you would stay free and the food would be free but watch out because they may charge you rent for the chair at the teaching

The Way is not a loving place they are out for money and that is all

That is my view of them I hope I did not step on your toes and I hope the best for you

I am having fun are you

with love

Roy

Hey, Roy, you have a sense of humor!

That was funny. LOL

Are you going to have to go Insurgent?

I always like the Chicago site more than Dallas. Many more local restaurants etc.

It was nice finally having the chance to spend time with my innie corps brother and fam. So nice of them to bring this back for you "committed". icon_wink.gif;)-->

later

Who's your daddy?

What a giant waste of time and money that will be.

Oh come pay us to teach you how to misunderstand the bible better. What a bunch of freaks and frauds.

Does anyone really believe God wants you to send your money and spend your energy on people who have nothing to do with you. Why do people fall for this crap.

Why in the world would God need a gaggle would-be dim-witted preachers in Ohio deciding how your money should be spent?

People just allow idiots to heap lies on there backs and steal there labor. I don't know who to think less of. The swindlers in Ohio or the blockheads who listen to them.

Quote:

------------------

If they was loving you would stay free and the food would be free but watch out because they may charge you rent for the chair at the teaching

-------------------

I would like the name of any religious group which pays for the cost of its members to stay in a large, downtown hotel, books ballrooms for meetings and feeds them. Like TWI or not, these places are expensive. The cost for use of facilities like this (I book them for my company) is very high.

Roy, if you or anyone else is offering to be "loving" and pay for my next meeting, let me know. I can save 10s of thousands of dollars. Heck, if you want to pay my freight, I'll teach on any topic you like. ;-)

Also, with venues like this, it is common for organizer costs to be borne by the hotel as part of the package. For large group meetings of this size, the hotel usually provides suites at little to no cost to attract the business.

I regularly attend (annual) the Tenn Hospital Association (THA). We are headquartered at the Operyland Hotel in Nashville. We pay a flat rate to our association which covers banquets and association luncheons. the fee is app. $150-$175.00. The room rates differ, however, the standard rate for us is $75.00-single/double.

The fellowship I attended, in 2000, pretty much mandated the coordinators and all AC grads to attend that year. They certainly made plans for 2 people per bed so it would be cheaper.

The fellowships also made plans for all to meet and caravan to Nashville because the tickets were $50.00 cheaper flying out of Nashville than from McGee Tyson.

Sadie,

It sounds like, based on a lower cost area like Nashville, the rates are right in line with the prices Insurgent posted. Chicago is fairly expensive for meetings. I can't speak for Dallas as I haven't booked there before.

In general, the costs that always kill me are the meeting room rates. They nickle and dime you to death. And if you need a large ballroom, they really get you for items such as coffee service, etc. You have to use their staff so...

Oldiesman, they purport to not meddle in the financial affairs of people but they do. They want to know if you pay cash for things or if you finance them. If you are in debt according to TWI's definition of debt (not according to what The Bible defines as debt), then you are not allowed to attend the Advanced Class Special. You are not allowed to be a fellowship coordinator, but you are allowed to "serve" by having fellowship in your house on a regular basis. You are not allowed to attend the Advanced Class.

How, if they do not meddle in people's personal finances, do they enforce these ridiculous rules?

I MUST HAVE BEEN ON MARS

I didn't go to the last two when I was eligible and no one seemed to give it any thought. I must have been in a different state than everyone else here. It's been encouraged but that's about it. Once I said yes or no, it never came up again. It was never a big deal either way.

However, I do remember people in the 80s though who treated every ministry event like it was a life-or-death moment. If you had those types for leadership, I feel VERY bad for you. They always seemed to be people who didn't have a life before TWI.

JT

Tommy Strangelove -

You are not, I repeat not an Advanced Class grad according to the mighty, all-knowing household of TWI. You have not taken LCM's WAP Advanced Class so therefore you do not have the PRESENT TRUTHsize>color> regarding the manifestations of the spirit, all 9 all the time prevailing word standing in the household on the bridge that crosses the Jordan. Get it???? (Well, I certainly don't)!

Hope R. color>size>face>

What a long, strange trip it's been!size>face>color>

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

Quote:

I would like the name of any religious group which pays for the cost of its members to stay in a large, downtown hotel, books ballrooms for meetings and feeds them. Like TWI or not, these places are expensive. The cost for use of facilities like this (I book them for my company) is very high.

Justthink,

I don't believe anyone thinks a class should be literally free. The problem is The Way saying that the ABS was making it possible. Come on either the ABS is paying for it or not.

I would have a hard time believing them if they said that is was being made possible by a combination of ABS and admissions but they can't even lie good.

As usual the Way is engaged in a propaganda effort to deceive those who will be attending into thinking that Ohio is doing good for them with the tithes and offerings that they give.

[This message was edited by pawtucket on January 17, 2004 at 11:28.]

quote:
They certainly made plans for 2 people per bed so it would be cheaper.

Now that's a wonderful example of God's abundance in the household of The Way. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I don't share a bed unless I'm in love.

I went in 2001, and it was not worth my money much less rubbing two sticks together. INNIES: Save your money, buy a house or car! Just don't go. You will not find spiritual enlightenment!! You will just get to hear a bunch of rehashed teachings--yawn.

I like spending my thanksgiving with my "natural" family. It is wayyyyyyy more fun!!

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

Early2it,

Quote from Year2027:

"If they was loving you would stay free and the food would be free but watch out because they may charge you rent for the chair at the teaching"

And he's not the first to express the "well, if they love me, why do they charge me" position.

Out of curiousity, have YOU ever booked a large event like this? If you did, you would know the registration fee does not always cover the total cost. Also, unless you have financial information on these classes, their cost and any money made on them, how can you say those things? If you have evidence, please post it. Otherwise, it's just a guess or an opinion which could be wrong.

I HAVE helped in planning for events of over 1000 people before and can say that unless you have a lot of cash up front, you are dead. There is, for example, a deposit placed almost a year in advance to hold a hotel this size. The registration money wouldn't start showing up until well after that check is written and cashed. Plus there's no guarantee of the number of attendees. Not enough to pay the cost? Too bad, you're stuck with the bill. As someone who's done it, I can't see how they could do it WITHOUT money coming beforehand. In their terms, that's ABS.

God

God loves all

Hi Just Thinking and Early2it

I do believe that things like this should be free For if they was teaching everything right and living God love the money would be there

Now I have went to Churches that had free meals for the guess and the people of the Church I went to things where the Full Gospel Man Fellowship were they set up get togethers like the Way is talking about here

Now this is a add on to your Church so they do not get alot of ABS because they say to you give to your Church first and only give to them if you have extra

Now I went to a three day teaching and sharing with them and it cost me only $75.00 for the room and the meals And that was the cost only

But if they had ABS like the Way or a Church they would pay it for you because there heart is to get the word out

You see the Way heart is to make money Now if one plans like this and there not enought ABS to cover it

It is because one of these reasons

1. The leadership is using your money wrong

2. There is no need to have a event like this

3. The people of your group do not want it because ABS is a stewardship of where your group wants God to take them

And I sure there is more but I ask you if you give to a Church what is the money for anyway

Most teach the tithe which is dead but I ask you is you have a Church of 2,000 people and each give 10% of their money and they all get $300.00 a week and they give $30.00 week that is $60,000.00 a week and $240,000.00

Do the math were is the Way using that money

Look at the Rock by cost

1. $25.00 ticket

A. to go on they own

B. they use free labor to set it up

C. they use free labor to clean up after

2. All food you eat cost you money

A. they use free labor to cook and sale it

B. they use free labor to clean up and all others parts

The list could go on So I ask what does ABS buy you

with love

Roy

Justnotthinking,

You do not seem to understand the difference between asking, Why am I being CHARGED for an event? And why isn't this event free?

You suggest that people are saying an event should be free. But what is really being debated is free vs free of charge. Even the quote you dragged up doesn't say that things should be free. The intent of it says, why does the Way CHARGE it's people for the event, there is a difference.

Nothing is free in this world. There is always a price. However, I have gone to events put on buy churches and businesses which I was not charged to attend on several different occasions it cost me nothing for food, room or materials. But I have enough since to know that someone somewhere paid for every thing it was not truly free.

Do you really think that an organization must charge the people who's labor make it's existence possible for the very service which it was established and entrusted with providing?

Continued on next post.....

[This message was edited by pawtucket on January 17, 2004 at 11:30.]