insurgent

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by ItsStillTheWord:

Yes...I enjoyed going to Dallas.

Good point, none of would have ever found Dallas on our own icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I mean the "teachings" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I enjoyed the road trip aspect of it, and liked meeting up with long sundered pals, but I dreaded "sahring" time, since I had to really think to come up with anything that "blessed" me in the teachings!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Oak,

I enjoyed the one I went to in the early 90s. The last one though? Nope. It was a rehash of several VPW books. Literally. One whole segment was teaching a condensed version of RHST. I was P*SSED! BORING!

My first one in 92 was in the format of LCM at a desk and seem like he was just commenting on things he understood. Much more informal and a lot more enjoyable for me. I felt like I DID get something out of that one.

Last one? I was kicking myself for wasting my bucks.

Oh, Dallas was nice too. ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

quote:
Originally posted by ItsStillTheWord:

Yes...I enjoyed going to Dallas.

Good point, none of would have _ever_ found Dallas on our own icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I mean the "_teachings_" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh, you meant the _teachings_!

Hmm?

I wonder if my post "Yes...I enjoyed going to Dallas" was a _sarcastic_ reply to your question "Did anyone actually get anything out of these Advanced Class Specials"?

(hint: NO-I got nothing out of the teachings)

And I probably would have never gone to Dallas.

[This message was edited by ItsStillTheWord on January 16, 2004 at 10:16.]

Yea,

It takes money to run an event like an Advanced Class ... so what ? I was once in charge of negotiating with a large Hoilday Inn on a three day conference for over 600 people. The only money requred up front was a small deposit on the conference rooms. I negotaited a reduced price on meals and rooms and I arranged a deal where we spit the revenue from coffee sales 50/50, which generated over $2,500 dollars to futher offset expenses. There were also kick backs from the Hotel on rooms and they also provided several free suites for use by conference officials ...

The total up front cost to put it on was almost nothing except a little time and effort. A $15.00 registration fee more than covered the cost of the conference rooms and paying for the guest speakers.. Each person paid for their own room and could double up if they wanted to ...

TWI collects tons of ABS over the course of the year from the very same people that are expected to take their stupid classes ...

If those cornfield con artists would use the ABS like a real non-proft religious organization and give some of it back to their contributors, rather than using it for manicuring lawns, trips to the Bahamas, and paying servants to cater to their every whim, then they wouldn't "need" to charge $185 for a stupid freaking class of questinable and dubious value.

I have no doubt that TWI uses these Advanced Clases as a means to generate income/profit. Their actual cost to put it on is almost nothing....

Goey

"Most of my fondest memories in TWI never really happened"

quote:
Originally posted by Goey:

If those cornfield con artists would use the ABS like a real non-proft religious organization and give some of it back to their contributors, rather than using it for manicuring lawns, trips to the Bahamas, and paying servants to cater to their every whim, then they wouldn't "need" to charge $185 for a stupid freaking class of questinable and dubious value.

Goey,

You forgot gazebos and duck ponds.

The one thing we must do for God which is of the utmost importance to His people is build gazebos and duck ponds. Of course they should be in Ohio in my back yard that is where God wants them that is where they will do the most good.

[This message was edited by pawtucket on January 17, 2004 at 11:39.]

Oaks - you may be right about that - can't remember. I think we were still considered Corpse when we were forced to take it so it might have cost us nothing - which was probably what it was worth!

Dallas - we went to WIB there - cut out of most of the meetings one day to go to check out the downtown tourist shops. The Sixth Floor Museum alone made the trip worthwhile.

If I recall correctly, the WIB and other spay-shull events were held on Easter weekend for a while. It was a much better choice, IMO. The air fares weren't blacked out and most people weren't insulting their families as much by not being with them on Easter Sunday vs. Thanksgiving.

The only ACS I went to was one in our area. It was one weekend a month for either 3 or 4 months. We were lucky to live close by enough so we didn't have to stay at the KOA campgrounds they were held at and could commute.

The thing I remember most is LCM's teaching about the Kenites - how they were descendants of Cain and how evil and possessed they were - born of the wrong seed and all that heavy debbil spurt cr@p. He made a very easily spotted error in that teaching because the Kenites couldn't have been Cain's descendants because of the flood - they were all wiped out!!! He then realized it after about an hour of teaching and looking at every verse the Kenites were mentioned in. He scrunched up his face and said something like: "...then there's the flood..." and realized he'd screwed it up! He simply waved it off by saying, "Well, they were still evil anyway!" And then quickly went on to the next topic. No explanations, no "oops, I was wrong!", not even a corrected teaching. Yeah, present truth revelation my foot!

Hope R. color>size>face>

What a long, strange trip it's been!size>face>color>

Around 1992-93, we had our Ohio limb meeting on a believers farm.

The fools charged each believer $1.00 TO GET IN.

As they closed the outdoor meeting, the limb leader said, "you can go to your cars now".

As we were strolling toward our cars, the same limb leader got on the mircophone and shouted at the top of his lungs: "Hurry up, move it"

My wife says to me: "Now, that's what I call the love of God"

They just had to make a buck on everything.

If TWI charges anything, just the cost of room and board if at TWI. If not at TWI, the cost of hotels and such are borne by the attendee. The "registration" and "cost" of the class should already have been provided in the abundant sharing. Any costs higher than lodging and meals are a rip-off. The entire Advanced Class "Special" was only created to make money anyway and not teach anything new. It is a waste of time and people are better off spending Thanksgiving or any holidays at home and with family.

Marked and Avoided

Here is one that might not show up in the way rag:

On Saturday, January 17, Dee Fischbach (sister of Dorothea Wierwille and former mayor of New Knoxville OH) was laid to rest in New Knoxville.

J.P. Wierwille, Sara Wierwille Guigou, Karen Martin, Mary Sommerville and Dorothea Wierwille were all in attendance as well as the immediate family of Dee.

TWI was represented by Harvey Platig, Wanda Wierwille and Laurie Wierwille.

ROR

Being that the ABS is making it possible for the ACS in earthly terms the meaning is:

Your ABS is paying for Rosie and the BOD's

first class (round-trip) flight, hotel

suites and all the steak and lobster they

can eat. Yes, they will be saving room for

dessert and mid-night snacks.

No continental breakfast cause they prefer the sit-down full course. Ring-a-ding-a-ding...Room Service please...