GreaseSpot Cafe

Announcements from HQ

insurgent

speaking of making money statements by the former pres -- he said on a fellowship coordinator tape that we need new people "because we need their resources". that was on a tape sent out to EVERY coordinator.

He later "apologized" for those remarks at a lunch sharing which the way saw fit to comment on to way corps and limb folks but IT WAS NOT MENTIONED TO THE REST OF US THAT HAD TO SIT THROUGH THAT TEACHING.

I still feel less of a man for not walking out as soon as I heard him say it. It was against everything I knew but I kept haning on thinking I was somehow not up to par. Boy times have changed for me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Sunny1,

About two weeks after than incident the Limb coordinator mentioned IN PASSING. I was so glad I heard him say it. Apparently he inquired about the comments up the chain. I do not think it was a public announcement to the corps on coprs night. Perhaps if someone posting here was there at the time we can get a first hand confirmation.

At the 1994 ROA we as tc coord. were told that we better get our whole twig to the rock, we had a very large twig and most were going anyway, but we had a 16 year old boy that didn't have the money to go, so we had to take him and pay all his expenses. I didn't mind doing this but I did mind being told I had too.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

Just thinking, You bet your sweet foot it was a threat.

It was intimated that we could lose our twig or something much more sinister lol. as if I cared by then.

But all the other twig coor. were told the same thing, but they didn't have a 40 person twig either.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735