GreaseSpot Cafe

Our Household Has Grown By 4 Feet!

ChasUFarley

l_ee919b6ea67296541ba38f91e2335a2e.jpg

We have adopted Tanker and welcomed him home last night!

He's a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, 1 year old, and came from OK. He was being groomed to be a star but turned out to have more coat than a Cardigan should have, so he's "retired" to come live with our family. He's great with kids, cats, and just everyone - a real gentle guy. The cats have their noses bent out of shape a little about him moving in with us, but they're cats - they'll get over it... He certainly loves the cats' toys!

So, we're off to Old Home Day today - kids and dog in tow (hubby has a gig)...

aaaw

i think his coat is very nice looking. you could give him a trim if he needs it. for the summer .

i could not get a dog i would have to take him / her everywhere and miss him/her i do not travel anymore because of the mental cat as it is, but my neighbor said she will feed him if i go away for a few days.

yeah whooo here is the kick she is mentally challenged herself , hah should be a fine mix. he is nice to her. she doeant know any better so it is all good.

Edited by pond

Thanks for the notes and the kind words...

We found him via some web searches. I had corresponded with a couple of breeders in Oklahoma, and they have quite a few champions - probably the top breeders in the states. Anyhow, he came available through one's website and I knew he was "the one" - everything just clicked. I already had a good rapport with the breeder, so she thought he'd be a good fit. And he is!

Rascal - there's two kinds of Welsh Corgi - there's Cardigans, which is what Tanker is, and then there's Pembrokes, which is the kind with no tails. Pembrokes have their tail docked, which is the breed standard. Pembrokes usually look more fox-like. Cardigans are more easy-going and, in my opinion, are a better dog for families with small children because they're generally heavier and more rugged than Pembrokes.

His registered name is "Turbo Tanker" - with those legs, there's nothing "turbo" about him! He can run but he's a lo-rider...

I'm going to come over to your house and steal him!!! I need him to give my two girl corgis a run for their money. I have two red and white pembrokes, Agnes Fable 9, and Beatrice Sue Ann 7.

He's TOO CUTE! Welcome to the wonderful world of Corgi parenthood. You'll love it. I think my goal in life is to roll around in a sea of corgis.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to come over to your house and steal him!!! I need him to give my two girl corgis a run for their money. I have two red and white pembrokes, Agnes Fable 9, and Beatrice Sue Ann 7.

He's TOO CUTE! Welcome to the wonderful world of Corgi parenthood. You'll love it. I think my goal in life is to roll around in a sea of corgis.

I've told hubby that when he retired from teaching and the kids are gone that I want to become a corgi farmer!

Tanker has fit in nicely with us. He goes everywhere with us that we can possibly take him along - he even went up Mt. Washington with us a couple of weeks ago. He's almost housebroken now - he's been nearly a week with no accidents in the house (most of the accidents were probably from us just not knowing him that well...) He gets along fine with the cats, who are skittish as heck. Tanker has still been great with the kids - the baby "discovered" him and liked to chase him, which Tanker plays along with (but I try to discourage and re-route baby to a better activity).

All in all, it's going well! We couldn't have asked for a better dog!