GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm coming out

Seth R.

OK I want to state right from the get-go that I have NO problem with anything that anyone chooses to believe, or not believe. There are at least 2 self-proclaimed "infidels" here that I consider good acquaintences (I don't use the term "friend" lightly, and haven't met either one of them in "real" life, that is why I did not use the term friend).

That being said, I don't care if Seth is an athiest. Guess Buddhism wasn't working out for him.

However I will say this. Seth do you think you could be MORE insulting to those of us who ARE Christians?

Right I had my conscience removed when I became Atheist... WTF? LOL! My conscience and moral center are firmly intact and even more so now that I don't have confusing lies telling me why I should act so. Morality is an evolutionary feature of all primates, we don't need a god or religion to tell us how to act we are hardwired by evolution for it.

So my beliefs are lies? Thanks, real nice of you.

There is much confusion over what an Atheist is, I just don't believe there is an all powerful single guiding intelligence that runs the universe. I do believe something powers this universe I just don't think it's all powerful or intelligent, it could be explained by quantum theory or string theory.

Some people think Atheists are against religion, not really, but if you push me I might push back. It's religion that is against Atheism, because religion aims at population control, and the powers that be don't care what brand you use, just so long as you consume their product and think how they want you to think, basically they want cattle, fat dumb and happy grazers. Ask no questions, and they will tell you no lies.

Yep, so Christians are a bunch of brainwashed zombies, is that it?

Is it so much to ask people to seriously look at what they believe and investigate the facts of the origins of their religion? I mean the real origins not what the bible says about itself, (it's so stupid people really think this tiny little book is god's will.) of course the book's author is going to tell you how great the book is, hello!

So the fact that I believe what my Bible says makes me stupid? Wanna compare IQ's?

Seth

Aside from that I find your avatar to be highly offensive also.

Now see not ONE person has taken Seth to task for being offensive to Christians. But God forbid that a Christian be offensive to an athiest.

OK, flame away. I really couldn't care less.

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now see not ONE person has taken Seth to task for being offensive to Christians. But God forbid that a Christian be offensive to an athiest.
Although I didn't single Seth out by name, I did:
To the atheists, agnostics, humanists, pagans, and other non Christians, don't rise to the bait of the s h i t h e a d s and sink to their level. The presence of a moron shouldn't cause us to malign our Christian fellow posters.
Edited by Oakspear

Well Bluze, now you kinda have an idea of what a lot of us atheists, agnostics, and assorted unbelievers go through, ... because for a HELLUVA lot longer than atheists have been insulting Christians, Christians have been insulting (at the very LEAST) atheists for their unbelief for years, ... even centuries. Even today, how many millions upon millions of times, have atheists been portrayed as not having ANY morals (beyond just considering what we want and living a hedonistic life, as Jonny so clearly illustrated as to where he stands on the matter), ... or being able to think a clear, intelligent thought, ... or being worthy of holding even the lowest of elected office, ... or ......................... You get the idea?

And all those times, Christians/other theists have strongly defended/justified these views because of what their scriptures say, or of what they think their deity tells them. ... YOU might not have a problem with atheists, but there are plenty of theists out there who do, ... and for reasons that are a LOT less justifiable than people realize.

Plus ask yourself the following questions, and you don't even have to give your answers on the board:

1) Do you believe that atheism is based on a lie?

2) Do you hold atheists to be a bunch of brainwashed zombies, or of a similar situation due to them supposedly being 'foolish' for not believing in God? (Ie., "The fool says in his heart, there is no God". Do you believe in that verse in Psalms?)

3) (Similar question as regards being 'stupid')

4) How about the point that Jonny illustrated. Do you believe that atheists (because they don't believe in God) are, as a result, less moral/ethical/charitable than believers in God?

Then maybe you can get more of an idea of the crap we go through. <_<

Updated: I saw your more recent posts, Bluze. :) Thanks!

Edited by GarthP2000

Here is a present for all you atheists out there. I am sure you will enjoy it. Really. Just give it a click. No, it's not monkeys, I promise. I'd like to make some amends with those whom I have offended, and that means you too Cowgirl. I apologize. You seem to be a very nice lady. And so, I think you all might like this. Enjoy your thread. It's yours and you should be able to enjoy your decisions in this free country of ours...

Here ya go:

Edited by Jonny Lingo

I was all ready to be an atheist. After twi who wouldn't be?

But then poly-A tails and yada yada . . .

Don't let the existence of something that you're not sure how it came about be evidence to you of "intelligent design" when there is no proof it was designed. There is a rock formation I've visited in Northern Ireland called the Giant's Causeway. If you look at it, it appears to be some sort of man-made stone work of columns. The legend says that it was a bridge built by a giant over to Scotland. It appeared to be artificial, prior to our modern understanding of geology. It is now known that the Giant's Causeway was built not by humans, but rather it is a rare volcanic process that caused the stone to sort of crystallize into those odd six-sided columns. It took thousands of years, but mankind finally understood that it was not built by giants or humans.

Ya know, it really amuses me seeing how some people try to describe atheism or atheists. :biglaugh::asdf: Especialy when they use that old canard that VPW himself once used: "An atheist is one who doesn't believe in anything, and everybody believes in something. Therefore you can't really be an atheist."

Basically put, an atheist is one who doesn't believe in a god or supernatural being(s). ... Period. ... That's all she wrote. Simple.

See how easy that was? :)

Eagle and Garth,

The Definition "Believe in nothing" is for Nihilists. Atheists believe in something just not a single all-powerful invisible something that says it's the boss and to follow the rules or else, but doesn't enforce the rules and let's people think their imaginations are god talking to them.

Seth

One could look at it as bleak, or one could grab for all the gusto now, make life worth living now, cram as much living as can be crammed into the years one has now! :spy:

BINGO!

Seth

Abso-frikkin'-lutely amazing how Jonny takes Oakspear's comment about "one could grab for all the gusto now, make life worth living now, cram as much living as can be crammed into the years one has now!" and totally *distort* it into something immoral, unethical, and abusive -- a rendering that is totally in line with how a lot of Christians are *blindly* indoctrinated (almost tempted to say 'brainwashed' ;) ) that atheists are without morals and ethics, and simply because said atheists don't believe in a god.

Ie, Jonny, dispite your 100+% dedication to your religious beliefs (or maybe I should say because of such dedication <_< ), you have NO idea of what you're talking about when you speak about atheists and how they view things.

NO idea whatsoever. ((shakes head)) ... and I oughtta know, as I used to have the same distorted viewpoints regarding atheists.

Garth makes a great point here, there was someone who studied primate behavior and they said chimps and gorilla's exhibit moral behavior, now these are animals who for all we know don't worship a god. Could someone explain this to me? Morality must be programmed into us, as a process of evolution, it's only when man goes against his genetic imperative that we have crime and immoral behavior and need to make up stories about good and evil, to justify man's sick behavior.

Who is Bonzo's sky giant? Ronald Reagan?

Seth

How right you are, glad I have the sky giant to help me in life so I don't need to spend my time and money on one. That leaves more for other things in life, being in bondage to pay a therapist is sorta like being in bondage to tithe every month isn't it?

LOL who says I pay for it? I'm a veteran I get it for free. Shhhh, don't tell Uncle Sam, He might think I'm un-'Merican for not believing in little baby Jesus.

Seth

I really don't understand all the bru-ha-ha here...

Seth - Congrats on making a decision on what you do and don't believe. NO wise cracks here.

I may not agree with your choice - but I dang well won't make fun of you.

Life decisions are a big deal - Go in peace.

A friend of mine sent me that Youtube deal about Atheism. If you bothered to watch it, it was nicely done. However, I wrote him back an in essence said this:

When I look at a very nice piece of art work, like a good sculpture or a nice painting, not only do I marvel at the beauty of the piece itself, but I also think; "Wow, this artist is incredible. I am amazed that a person could do such a thing". When I hear an amazing guitar solo, or hear John Popper (Blues Travelers) play his harmonicas, not only do I enjoy the music, but I also marvel at the artist behind it, the skill and ability that it took to play so well and produce something so intricate and pleasing to the ear. And it is like this when I look at this pretty blue world. I marvel at the biology, the geology, and also the astronomy within which this pretty blue world hangs. The intricacies in all of it which are simply staggering! All of the Life that surrounds us every single day. All of that which combines itself so that we humans can motate about, and live and breathe and have our being. And I say to myself; "Wow. There must have been an Artist". An Artist so huge and so amazing whose skills and abilities surpass by light years anything any human being can do. And, I believe that God is that Artist, and that He loves us and gave us all of this, and I choose to let Him know that I appreciate Him and all that He has done for us, and give the credit to Whom the credit is due...

"Oh Lord, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom has thou made them all! The earth is full of thy riches..."

Psalm 104

OK I want to state right from the get-go that I have NO problem with anything that anyone chooses to believe, or not believe. There are at least 2 self-proclaimed "infidels" here that I consider good acquaintences (I don't use the term "friend" lightly, and haven't met either one of them in "real" life, that is why I did not use the term friend).

That being said, I don't care if Seth is an athiest. Guess Buddhism wasn't working out for him.

However I will say this. Seth do you think you could be MORE insulting to those of us who ARE Christians?

Aside from that I find your avatar to be highly offensive also.

OK, flame away. I really couldn't care less.

Rick

Oops! I guess I got carried away, but ask all those who were killed because they were *not* Christian if my words were offensive. Ask the millions of people today who are in fear of saying they are Atheist because it may cost them their job, or worse. Get off your high horse, you are in the majority, that makes you a bully because if we were going toe to toe you could hide behind your Christian friends. And as far as IQ's go please, do tell? Mine was 130 in 2nd grade, I'm a little bit smarter now.

Seth

Garth makes a great point here, there was someone who studied primate behavior and they said chimps and gorilla's exhibit moral behavior, now these are animals who for all we know don't worship a god. Could someone explain this to me? Morality must be programmed into us, as a process of evolution, it's only when man goes against his genetic imperative that we have crime and immoral behavior and need to make up stories about good and evil, to justify man's sick behavior.

Who is Bonzo's sky giant? Ronald Reagan?

Seth

Chimpanzees also conduct a form of warfare. Seeking out and killing those outside their group, and even eating their victims.

Don't let the existence of something that you're not sure how it came about be evidence to you of "intelligent design" when there is no proof it was designed. There is a rock formation I've visited in Northern Ireland called the Giant's Causeway. If you look at it, it appears to be some sort of man-made stone work of columns. The legend says that it was a bridge built by a giant over to Scotland. It appeared to be artificial, prior to our modern understanding of geology. It is now known that the Giant's Causeway was built not by humans, but rather it is a rare volcanic process that caused the stone to sort of crystallize into those odd six-sided columns. It took thousands of years, but mankind finally understood that it was not built by giants or humans.

Why ya always gotta go for the insults? Where did I say ID? I'm saying there's just not enough to fully convince me in common descent and some of the reasoning for it is silly, so therefore I can't rule out the possibility of a supernatural creator.

Chimpanzees also conduct a form of warfare. Seeking out and killing those outside their group, and even eating their victims.

That certainly proves another point, so why do we need religion to justify going to war? Let's just be honest, we want their oil, or land or gold or women, what ever, just let's not lie about it and say we are trying to get the evil doers.

Seth

A friend of mine sent me that Youtube deal about Atheism. If you bothered to watch it, it was nicely done. However, I wrote him back an in essence said this:

When I look at a very nice piece of art work, like a good sculpture or a nice painting, not only do I marvel at the beauty of the piece itself, but I also think; "Wow, this artist is incredible. I am amazed that a person could do such a thing". When I hear an amazing guitar solo, or hear John Popper (Blues Travelers) play his harmonicas, not only do I enjoy the music, but I also marvel at the artist behind it, the skill and ability that it took to play so well and produce something so intricate and pleasing to the ear. And it is like this when I look at this pretty blue world. I marvel at the biology, the geology, and also the astronomy within which this pretty blue world hangs. The intricacies in all of it which are simply staggering! All of the Life that surrounds us every single day. All of that which combines itself so that we humans can motate about, and live and breathe and have our being. And I say to myself; "Wow. There must have been an Artist". An Artist so huge and so amazing whose skills and abilities surpass by light years anything any human being can do. And, I believe that God is that Artist, and that He loves us and gave us all of this, and I choose to let Him know that I appreciate Him and all that He has done for us, and give the credit to Whom the credit is due...

"Oh Lord, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom has thou made them all! The earth is full of thy riches..."

Psalm 104

That certainly proves another point, so why do we need religion to justify going to war? Let's just be honest, we want their oil, or land or gold or women, what ever, just let's not lie about it and say we are trying to get the evil doers.

Seth

Bonobos (pygmy chimps, not really chimps though) are known to have female dominated societies where the males are kept in check. Their solution to everything is sex. Have a disagreement? Sex. Saying hello? Sex. Hungry? Sex. Bored? Sex. Horny?

Males with males, girls with girls, young with old, it don't matter.

Oops! I guess I got carried away, but ask all those who were killed because they were *not* Christian if my words were offensive. Ask the millions of people today who are in fear of saying they are Atheist because it may cost them their job, or worse. Get off your high horse, you are in the majority, that makes you a bully because if we were going toe to toe you could hide behind your Christian friends. And as far as IQ's go please, do tell? Mine was 130 in 2nd grade, I'm a little bit smarter now.

Seth

Trust me, you don't want to go toe to toe with me. Would be the biggest mistake of your life.

And yeah, I got you beat on IQ's.

Too bad you didn't have enough class to just apologize for being offensive, but this post of yours tells a lot about your (lack of) character.

Rick