GreaseSpot Cafe

Cavinism a Cult?

Sounds like Calvinism (mongst other religions) has a formula...just like twi...for bein goodenuff.

And Spoudazo, you strongly suggest I reconsider my Way thinking theology? Obviously, you have not read much about me here. Therefore, carry on, oh great holy one. Ain't buyin in that Ephesians 3:20 is about salvation. Ain't buyin your other crap about how bad my Father is. eweeww, and what if I don't reconsider my thinking? Your big bad evil god is gonna what?

What works for you, works for you. What works for me works for me. That is grace. And that is beautiful.

It has taken me some time to get back here. Yes, I did suggest rethinking Way theology. I thought most people here are doing that. I did not suggest anything to you I have not done myself.

I am not sure who your father is or how I suggested he was eweeww bad. If you mean God, I explained that God is sovereign and holy. That is not a secret.

From a biblical perspective grace is not what works for me or what works for you, and I am not sure I follow your logic. I think I will leave that to the more enlightened.

I can just feel the love. . . .

If you have concerns about a theology because it makes you question your salvation. . . . don't immediately lash out at the theology. . . examine yourself to see if you are actually in the faith.

Take time to pray for saving faith. One thing I do know for SURE about God. . . is that He is faithful. Like no one else. In a temporal world filled with fallen creatures it is difficult to understand just how faithful He really is. You can completely count on Him and He does NOT let you down.

Time and time again I am awed by this, because I would have walked out on me years ago.

We came out of an ear tickling cult, with a skewed gospel. If a person or a PASTOR or a church cause you to have doubts. . . it may be warranted. . . . . . and instead of getting angry. . . . go to God and ask Him.

Maybe those questions are there because we need to reflect, self-examine and be corrected. They are probably God. But, He is NOT going to turn you away. He may actually be lovingly calling you.

What exactly is the correct doctrine for salvation? The bible says everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. . . . but, Jesus says not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. Now, there is either a contradiction or something deeper to be understood.

You can train a parrot to say Jesus is Lord. It is the Holy Spirit who makes known to us all things. . . . we don't quench Him because we think we already know. . . . doubts can serve a purpose.

Great is the mystery of Godliness and there is something we missed in TWI involved in salvation. Maybe God is calling us to saving faith with some of these doubts.

Edited by geisha779

Geisha,

Number one, I know for a certainty that I am saved. I do not question my salvation.

Number two, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pray for saving faith, according to Calvinism. Saving faith versus common faith was determined before the foundations of the earth, according to Calvinism, after the pleasure of God's good will. You can therefore pray until you are blue in the face. You can confess Christ as your lord, and if you're not on the short list, you're damned.

Don't ever question my salvation. I am saved by grace, not of works. I am saved by the blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross, and by confessing Him as Lord and believing in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I think Calvinism is one of the most vicious, exclusive, legalistic cults I ever heard of. Every Calvinist who posted on this thread has displayed the same snide, superior, smug attitude of "I am saved and you are not because I know I'm on the short list! nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!" That's exactly why we left the church plant.

If you really believe that you are one of very very few whom God has chosen to spend eternity with Him, why not show a little humility; you didn't deserve it you know!

WG

And if I DID question my salvation that would be straight from the pit of hell, not from the Holy Spirit.

Geisha,

Number one, I know for a certainty that I am saved. I do not question my salvation.

Number two, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pray for saving faith, according to Calvinism. Saving faith versus common faith was determined before the foundations of the earth, according to Calvinism, after the pleasure of God's good will. You can therefore pray until you are blue in the face. You can confess Christ as your lord, and if you're not on the short list, you're damned.

Don't ever question my salvation. I am saved by grace, not of works. I am saved by the blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross, and by confessing Him as Lord and believing in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I think Calvinism is one of the most vicious, exclusive, legalistic cults I ever heard of. Every Calvinist who posted on this thread has displayed the same snide, superior, smug attitude of "I am saved and you are not because I know I'm on the short list! nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!" That's exactly why we left the church plant.

If you really believe that you are one of very very few whom God has chosen to spend eternity with Him, why not show a little humility; you didn't deserve it you know!

WG

And if I DID question my salvation that would be straight from the pit of hell, not from the Holy Spirit.

I can't imagine why scripture would tell you to examine yourself if doubt is from the pit of hell. All Christians have doubt at one time or another. . . I thought I was responding to your needs.

Forgive me.

I was extremely foolish in my attempt to reach out. I have read post after post of people doing the same only to be called names and insulted.

I really thought what I said would offer you comfort.

I don't know a Christian who has not had doubts. . . . or of one I have read from the past without them. I have never known one to say nah-nah-nah.

Faith is sometimes a challenge. We can pray for faith and it was from a Calvinist that I learned the term "Saving Faith" John MacArthur. http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/90-21.HTM

James is all about trials revealing your faith. . . . he spoke of dead faith. . .

Never mind.

. . . . . it really doesn't really matter. :(

Edited by geisha779

Let me make myself clear. I am saved to the uttermost. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; I believe that He died for my sins. I believe that those who do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior are doomed to roast in the fiery flames of hell for all eternity. I believe that I am baptized in Holy Spirit. Actually I don't just believe this, I KNOW this. I speak in tongues, which my former dyed-in-the-wool Calvinist clergyman says ceased with the death of the original 12 apostles, plus Paul of course.

I am saved by grace, not of works. I know God, and I know He loves me and cares for me. I do not ascribe to any "theology", man's explanation of God. I ascribe to Holy Scripture which is God's explanation of Himself, written as holy men of God were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

My understanding of Calvin's theology is that everything is predestinated, right down to which shoe you put on first this morning. So it doesn't matter if you believe or not; you're either one of the very special chosen few or one of those most who will roast.

I asked my former pastor, in that case, why witness? He said" because God commands it. Even though you will never lead anyone to Christ (the Holy Spirit does that) you are to witness because God says to." Same with praying for the sick: God makes people sick; if you are sick, it is God's will, probably for some unconfessed sin, but maybe because of the fall of mankind. So God will NOT heal anyone if you pray for them, unless He predestinated them to get over their malady in the first place. You understand that? GOD DOES NOT HEAL! There is no use to pray for for the sick, except God commands us to pray for the sick. This is what this guy told me. This gentleman does not visit the sick in the hospitals, nor come to funeral homes or funerals to comfort his parishoners who have lost a loved one.

Wherever I look, I see God's grace and mercy and also God's logic. Calvinism is not logical; doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you should set aside Piper, Driscoll and McArthur and read the

Bible instead. I like the Amplified myself.

WG

Edited by Watered Garden

Lot's of non Christians speak in tongues. . . historically it predates Pentecost . . . is used by some pagan religions and is proof of nothing.

Someone taught us with his "theology" that 1 Corinthians 12:3 meant SIT was the proof you were born again. . . . . then again. . . he also told women he could heal them with sex.

Edited by geisha779

You know, I really don't give a rat's behind whether YOU think I am saved or unsaved. If it makes you happy to think I'm going to rot in hell, go right ahead. I don't see anything in Scripture that says I have to prove a damn thing to you or anyone else.

And I'm not the least bit concerned about your opinion of speaking in tongues. Don't you people hold the Bible in high esteem? Doesn't Paul say "I would ye all spake in tongues?"

Have a nice life, honey, you obviously have it all figured out.

WG

You know, I really don't give a rat's behind whether YOU think I am saved or unsaved. If it makes you happy to think I'm going to rot in hell, go right ahead. I don't see anything in Scripture that says I have to prove a damn thing to you or anyone else.

And I'm not the least bit concerned about your opinion of speaking in tongues. Don't you people hold the Bible in high esteem? Doesn't Paul say "I would ye all spake in tongues?"

Have a nice life, honey, you obviously have it all figured out.

WG

Watered Garden,

My post has nothing to do with your salvation. . . . it has nothing to do with you. . . . you are taking it way to personally. That is what I believe. If you don't, it doesn't bother or anger me. I don't care. You work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. . . . God bless you. I wish you goodwill.

You obviously can't stand me or my opinion. . . . so I tell you what. . . .

GSC is all yours. . . that is the Christian thing to do. . . . besides. . . I really am over TWI . . . it is well past time for me to move on.

Enjoy the forums. . . . heal and I wish you well.

I am asking Pawtucket to remove my name and cancel my account.

Geisha:

Don’t go leaving now, people need you here I read your posts Geisha and I know you mean well. You have so much to offer Geisha and you know so much. Like when you told Garth that he was acting like a Christian, that was priceless, only you Geisha could have said it just like that. Besides that Geisha I am a big time Geisha fan, and I am not a fan of too many people.

WG has been really hurt by the Calvinator, and she despises that they make her feel like she has to be a Calvinator or she is all wrong. She’s is right to be upset. WG isnt upset at you she upset at the Calvinator, because the Calvinator all about words and deceiving people.

So you stay around now Geisha people need you here. If anyone should be leaving it should be me, because I said enough already.

WG is a very gifted person too. She’s really smart and gifted at somethings. Puts yourself in WG shoes, imagine if after TWI you had the Calvinator appartus bouncing you, you would be upset too. Plus WG is very careful with people to say the right thing, so you need to stay and we need all to help WG because she is a gifted speaker and knows what she is talking about.