GreaseSpot Cafe

How do you Picture Your Fellow Posters?

Abigail

I was thinking about how after we have interacted for a time, we sometimes start to develop a mental image of what we think a poster looks like. I was thinking it could be fun.

I'll start and I'm going to pick on Roy because he is so sweet. :)

I picture Roy as being very tall and very thin, kind of lanky. I picture him with very dark, short, and straight hair and blue eyes.

So Roy - care to enlighten me with the facts?

LOL LOL

Edited by Sudo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about how after we have interacted for a time, we sometimes start to develop a mental image of what we think a poster looks like. I was thinking it could be fun.

I'm going to pick on Roy because he is so sweet. :)

LOL LOL

I'm going to pick on Abi because she is so sweet. :)

I picture Abi as a really cute innocent but wise looking little girl with light reddish hair wise, intelligent looking eys and a mischevous grin. LOL

(I really like your avatar, it says a lot about you and at least what I imagine is that it says you're striving for childish innocence. Great picture btw, it really does communicate.)

(edited to add content. I think I hit the reply button twice before I started typing.)

Edited by wrdsandwrks

The funny thing is that I usually don't picture people here as for what they look like. I generally just pay attention to their words. The few that use their pictures are the ones I do "view" as them, but only when I see their pictures. My thinking process isn't pictorial, so I don't feel the need to see people to have a concept of them as individuals. I don't know if that makes sense or not but that's how my mind works.

As far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't be hard for people to picture me, since my avatar is a South Park version of me. I don't wear the kind of t-shirt in the image, but I had to pick something. The main difference that can't be represented in the South Park version is my height, as I'm fairly tall. Unfortunately, the other thing is this guy that I've developed after going through my wife's pregnancy and now the first few months of my daughter. I want to go back to the gym, and I want to take the time to prepare lunch for work, but it's really tough.

I picture Abi as a really cute innocent but wise looking little girl with light reddish hair wise, intelligent looking eys and a mischevous grin. LOL

(I really like your avatar, it says a lot about you and at least what I imagine is that it says you're striving for childish innocence. Great picture btw, it really does communicate.)

(edited to add content. I think I hit the reply button twice before I started typing.)

HA! Thanks Wrds. I wasn't really striving for anything in particular when I chose my avatar. I wanted something that represented me, to be sure. But I couldn't find a "object" type photo that I thought did that. I didn't really want to post a current picutre either - the few that exist are already in the gallery somewhere, so Ithought one from my childhood instead. My dad took that picture. At some point I may change it out for another one.

Okay - ChattyKathy.

I'm torn on our CK because when I think of her personality I picture someone blond and sort of Marylyn Monroeish, but when I look at her avatar I think of my sister, because that is so close to what my sister looked like when she was little.

Edited by Abigail

For some reason, her avatar makes me imagine an older, teenage version of her smoking a joint.

For some reason, her avatar makes me imagine an older, teenage version of her smoking a joint.

ROFLOL - did we know each other as teens?? But alas, I am no longer a teenager and I no longer engage in such activities. :biglaugh:

And BTW, PMosh - You didn't give us a chance go guess!!!!! :)

Okay, Sushi, I picture Sushi as . . .

Oh wait, that just wouldn't be fair now, would it! ;)

ROFLOL - did we know each other as teens?? But alas, I am no longer a teenager and I no longer engage in such activities. :biglaugh:

I don't think so, and I don't even know how close our ages are so we might not have even been teenagers at the same time. BUT...I know enough about you from here to guess about you engaging in those activities.

And BTW, PMosh - You didn't give us a chance go guess!!!!! :)

Well, you could, but with my avatar there really isn't much point.

I don't think so, and I don't even know how close our ages are so we might not have even been teenagers at the same time.

I'll give you a couple clues :dance:

I was a sophmore in high school when M-TV aired its first music video. U2 was (IMO anyway) at its best shortly after I graduated. I cannot attend a reunion function without having to endure the torture of Rock Lobster. :)

Okay, more guessing . . .

I can't guess at Mr. Hammeroni because his relatives live in the Walnut tree in my back yard.

Pond I picture as something of a mix between my mom and my aunt. Somewhat short dark hair with grey in it and dark eyes. Not particularly short, but not quite medium height.

And Hap - - my chatroom friend

Tall and lanky with grey hair and grey stubble on your face. Dark eyes that smile with you.

Okay - ChattyKathy.

I'm torn on our CK because when I think of her personality I picture someone blond and sort of Marylyn Monroeish, but when I look at her avatar I think of my sister, because that is so close to what my sister looked like when she was little.

You are so adorable Abi. :)

I have never had anyone say anything quite like that before and it made me giggle, oh no, that is a blond thing ain't it? hee hee

I consider that quite a compliment coming from another woman. It tells me I have something going inside me that I sorta like, um, I reckon that is no surprise. :biglaugh:

I have no time now as the dumplings need to be dropped in with the chicken but I see you as an adorable person that I would love to hang out with and talk deep things with, and then get crazy and laugh at life. Your hair color and your precious smile had to be one of the things that Sushi fell in love with.

More when I can........

:love3:

For you Kathy - I changed my avatar to me giving my baby sis a kiss, much to her horror!!! :D

I have been - off and on (more off than on lately) scanning old photos so I can give them to the kids some day.

Hmmm, another victim, another victim

How about Cman - Cman strikes me as wise and sort of hippieshness, but not quite as full blown hippie as Bluz.

Cman has to have dark hair with gray at the temples, a beard and a mustache. Very serious eyes, but not too serious.

Bluz is Hippie through and through with long straight hair that was once dark but now is more gray. He wears it pulled back in a pony tail.

I usually just go by peoples avatars. My current avatar features my dear old, somewhat antiquated, 4x5 Busch Pressman press camera.

Although I've seen a number of pictures of Sushi, I just can't get past his avatar. I always think of an angry doctor preparing to check my prostate.

UGH!

Name that Greasespotter!

He's standing in front of a waterfall at a not so long ago weenie roast.... can anyone name him WITHOUT giving his name? That is... tell us something about him that says you know who he is. Here's my hint... he's from a state known for maize.

agx6.jpg

sudo

Abi,

Sweet! What a neat picture. And I can see why you see a resemblance.

The thing is I know so many of you in real life it's hard to know what direction to go in. I was thinking of that while eating and hadn't realized it was quite a number of you all.

And then because of the weenie roasts and bar-b-ques we have been able to see pictures of many of you.

It's just cool, that's all I can say at the moment.

:wub:

Where to start?

I'm not big on fast food but today I was short on time and funds so I zipped over to The Golden Arches Of Ronald.

They currently have an advertising campaign that involves showing pictures of customers on their carry-out bags.

I was taken back at seeing my picture on the bag ( I mean, that's just weird.)

Of course, it wasn't really me, just someone who bore a striking resemblance.

I showed it to my co-workers and they were amazed.(and amused)

"Are you going to show it to you wife?", they asked me.

"Take a hike !!", I told them( nudge nudge, wink wink) " Do you really think I want her to see me posing with some other woman?"

Anyway, about a year ago, I had the pleasure of spending a day with ChattyKathy and her hubby.

Unfortunately, I was so fixated on her red cowboy boots throughout the day, I really have no recollection of what she looked like.

Mmmm! I wonder if she still remembers the pink TUTU I was wearing that day.???

Oh what fun!!

I almost always have a mental image of people I communicate with. I think it comes from years of working on the phone with folks I never got to meet in person.

Let's see....

Chas, I thought Chas was tall - 5'7" - 5'9", thin like a model, shoulder length blond hair and beautiful. Uma Thurman-ish... Could have something to do with the name sounding 'plucky' and the fact that I have always looked for her posts.

Rascal, Shiny brunette hair on a Catherine Zeta Jones physique... powerful, yet warm hearted with matching facial features... the compassionate, motherly kind that utterly put you to ease when she's in your presence.

Pawtucket - easy... Garrison Keillor

Abi - I always pictured you with short, dark hair and a round face with the cutest little button nose. Mary Lou Retton-ish.

Sushi - Tall, thin, shaved head.... much like that pop up vampire he used to have as an avatar.

Edited by Belle