GreaseSpot Cafe

Chicken

Outfield

Does anyone have any good recipes for Chicken. I'm sick of baking it, stir frying and boiling it. I have one that most people like.

Melt butter

Crush up Ritz crackers and mix with parsley

Dip chicken breasts in butter and then in Ritz cracker mix

Put in baking dish

Pour remainder of butter over chicken

I believe you bake it at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. It's the butter that makes it moist and good.

I don't offhand. But I would think that you could make a real nice salad with these items.

Grill or broil the chicken and shred it for a salad.

mix with mixed greens, sundried tomatoes, bell peppers (mixed colors)

use a nice balsamic vinagrette.

crumble goat cheese (chevre) on top of salad.

Some goat cheese is more 'spreadable' and you can do the following - a variation on Cordon Bleu

Pound Chicken breasts til thin.

Spread goat cheese and chopped Sundried tomatoes on breast (You could also add a thin slice of ham if you like)

Roll and use toothpicks (or kitchen string) to keep the shape

bake in a 350 F oven for approx one hour or until done.

serve with salad and a nice wine

These are really off the top of my head and have not been tried or tested. If you try them, let me know ...(or warn the others here :biglaugh: )

Okey here goes:

Of course as with all WG recipes, seasonings can be adjusted to taste.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.

juice of 2 limes

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or put through a garlic press

about 3 TBSP olive oil.

2 Tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 green peppers

1 red sweet pepper (mango to you Buckeyes)

1 can diced chile peppers OR 1 fresh jalapeno

1 sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla sweets, thinly sliced as separated into rings.

1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves

Salsa and chips.

Combine in a freezer bag or baking dish the lime juice, garlic and 3 TBSP olive oil. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator 1/2 hour.

In the meanwhile, Thinly slice the onions and sweet peppers. Heat the 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a heavy skillet and sautee the peppers and onions in it, adding the chile peppers or jalapeno and the cumin. Remove when tender crisp and keep warm.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it in the pan in which you cooked the veggies. Add a bit of the marinade if you like. Cook on medium heat until done. Put the veggies back in the pan to warm a bit with the cilantro added at the last minute. Serve with chips and salsa.

Outfield,

I cook chicken tenderloins in the frying pan with just a wee bit of olive oil and minced garlic, chop it up and put it on a pita with the chopped sun dried tomatoes (you'll need to soak them in water to soften up if they aren't already), and crumbled goat cheese, basil, oregano. I've done it with Parmesan cheese, but I imagine the goat cheese would be good, too.

I've got a ton of Chicken recipes. I just posted one under your Taco/Nacho thread. I'll pull out my trusty homemade cookbook and post some more when I get back in town.

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 chicken breasts

1 box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup low fat mayo

1/2 cup low fat feta

4 strips turkey bacon

Cut a pocket in four chicken breasts. Mix together the spinach, garlic, mayo and feta. Stuff chicken with mixture and place in shallow baking dish. Place a slice of turkey bacon on each piece of chicken and bake at 375 for one hour.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! This recipe is most delicious. Yummy even. Who knew I could use the word 'yummy' to describe spinach? The cheese, mayo, garlic spinach filling is good enough to use in other recipes too, perhaps on a whole-wheat pita or in an omelet. Plus, it was very quick to put together, though the baking did take about 45 minutes. (I used small chicken breasts.) I subbed a strip of ham for the bacon and it came out fine, if a little black and curly on the edges.

here is what i do sometimes

drunken chicken:

here is the rub.

minced garlic ans kosher salt

rosemary

basil

montreal steak seasoning

garlic powder

mop.

wash and dry a whole chicken{no, not in the washer,dryer}

place a clove of garlic in a 3/4 full beer can

woops after you give the bird a rub outside

place the bird on the beer can it stands up{beer can in a baking dish}

put on grill or oven

go to your favorite pub ,have a beer

come home an hour or so later and eat chicken

Okay - I'm making this today and I'll let you know how it turns out:

Chicken Bryan -- Carrabba's Recipe (A well-known Italian Restaurant)

http://www.recipezaar.com/64356

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced yellow onions

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup dry white wine

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

2/3 cup cold butter, sliced

1 1/2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon white pepper

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

extra virgin olive oil, for brushing

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

8 ounces caprino goat cheese or other goat cheese, room temperature

Saute garlic and onion in 2 Tbls.

butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.

Stir wine and lemon juice into skillet, increase heat to medium high, and simmer to reduce by half.

Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.

Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper; remove from heat; set aside.

Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.

Grill chicken over hot coals 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.

A couple of minutes before chicken is done, place equal amounts of cheese on each breast Spoon prepared sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.

Try this one, you'll love it...

Take a whole chicken, pop open a can of beer and shove it up the chicken's arse...

Place chicken on charcoal grill with the beer can standing up(a good bed of coals set low), season chicken (I like black pepper and garlic salt) and close lid (or put cover on) and let it cook for about 3-4 hours...occasionally brush it with creamy Italian dressing.

When it's done, the beer can is empty as all the beer steamed throughout the entire chicken making it moist, tender and scrumptious. :)

Here's a recipe from Rachael Ray which looks yummo and hubby insists I make it! As usual - I'll let you know how it goes. Haha. -- pics are here:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=recipes/b...hicken-burritos

Buffalo Chicken Burritos

A traditional Mexican dish gets kicked up North.

ingredients

8 medium-size flour tortillas

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)

2 tablespoons butter

2 pounds ground, all-white meat chicken breast

1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped

1 large onion, chopped

3 ribs celery, finely chopped

5 large cloves garlic, chopped

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 cup chicken stock (eyeball it)

1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it

1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed

1/4 cup (about handful) cilantro leaves, chopped

3/4 pound grated Manchego cheese or crumbled blue cheese, divided

2 avocados, cut into bite-size pieces

2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped

preparation

Preheat oven to 250°F.

Wrap the flour tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and place in the low oven until they warm through and become pliable.

Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon, and the butter. Once the butter has melted and the pot is hot, add the ground chicken. Cook until brown, about 5-6 minutes, using the back of a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces.

Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic and some salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.

Add the chicken stock, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the hot sauce, black beans and the cilantro. Stir to combine and cook until the beans are heated through, a minute or two.

Remove the warm tortillas from the oven, place a few heaping spoonfuls of the buffalo chicken/black bean mixture on the bottom of a tortilla, but don’t overfill it.

Top with some cheese, avocado and tomato. Roll the short end of the tortilla over the filling, fold in the other two sides and then continue to roll it up until you have a tight burrito package. Once you have finish rolling all the burritos, turn the oven up to broil. Place burritos in a shallow backing dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.

Yields 4 servings

Edited by Outfield

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, mmmm, that chicken buffalo burritos recipe sounds good! I'll have to try that soon. We're having this tonight at our house.

EASY ITALIAN CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND VEGGIES:

• 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 potatoes, cubed
  • 1 cup baby carrots (optional)
  • 1/3 cup diced onion (optional)

PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients in a 3-4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and potatoes are tender. Serves 4-6

(I changed the name so it's easy for me to find again - I have a lot of recipes on my puter.)

http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickenrecip...alchixpotat.htm

Here's 4 recipes that are family favorites at our house, they are really good, are fairly easy recipes, and are  different than the same old baked chicken.  They all taste as good as they sound!

Indonesian Ginger Chicken:

1 cup honey

¾ cup soy sauce (she doesn't specify a type; I used a dark Chinese one purchased at our local Eastern foods market)

¼ cup minced garlic (8 to 12 cloves)

½ cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root

2 chickens (3½ pounds each), quartered, with backs removed

Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in a large, shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce.

Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator (shorter times work OK too). (Picture at right is of uncooked chicken.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for ½ hour. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees. Continue baking for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh and the sauce is a rich dark brown.

Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic:

3 whole heads garlic, about 40 cloves

2 (3 1/2-pound) chickens, cut into eighths

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

2 tablespoons good olive oil

3 tablespoons Cognac, divided

1 1/2 cups dry white wine

1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons heavy cream

Separate the cloves of garlic and drop them into a pot of boiling water for 60 seconds. Drain the garlic and peel. Set aside.

Dry the chicken with paper towels. Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the butter and oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. In batches, saute the chicken in the fat, skin side down first, until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Turn with tongs or a spatula; you don't want to pierce the skin with a fork. If the fat is burning, turn the heat down to medium. When a batch is done, transfer it to a plate and continue to saute all the chicken in batches. Remove the last chicken to the plate and add all of the garlic to the pot. Lower the heat and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, turning often, until evenly browned. Add 2 tablespoons of the Cognac and the wine, return to a boil, and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the chicken to the pot with the juices and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Cover and simmer over the lowest heat for about 30 minutes, until all the chicken is done.

Remove the chicken to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the sauce and the flour and then whisk it back into the sauce in the pot. Raise the heat, add the remaining tablespoon of Cognac and the cream, and boil for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste; it should be very flavorful because chicken tends to be bland. Pour the sauce and the garlic over the chicken and serve hot.

Tequila Lime Chicken:

1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)

1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)

1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)

2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on

Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.

Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the grill to a plate. Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Parmesan Chicken:

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 extra-large eggs

1 tablespoon water

1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving

Unsalted butter

Good olive oil

Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry

1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows

Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.

Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

CHICKEN RECIPE

Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a

stuffing - imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought it as

perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when

poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

6-7 lb. baking chicken

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)

1 cup uncooked popcorn

(ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT) Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter,

salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in

baking p an with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for

the popping

sounds.

When the chicken's foot blows the oven door open and the chicken flies

across the room, it is done.

And you thought I couldn't cook...

Here's 4 recipes that are family favorites at our house, they are really good, are fairly easy recipes, and are different than the same old baked chicken. They all taste as good as they sound!

Enjoy!

But Now I See<

Please - how much tequilla in the "Tequilla Lime Chicken" and what is the :"Lemon Vinagrette"

in the "Parmesan Chicken"

The recipes look really good!

Dooj,

The tequila should be 1/2 cup, gold tequila has good flavor...and the lemon vinaigrette was part of the original recipe in that it was presented with a baby greens salad on top of the chicken dressed with the vinaigrette.  I don't serve it that way, so I didn't include it, but here's the recipe:

Lemon Vinaigrette:

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)

1/2 cup good olive oil

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

My favorite of all three recipes is the indonesian chicken, it is very good, similar to teriyaki chicken, the parmesan chicken usually gets the kid's vote.

My favourite is

Boil one whole chicken in salt water. Let it cool and pick off all the meat.

Save all of the rest of the undesireable meat grizzle and bones for stock for an Acorn Pumkin soup

Which if you ask I will give the recipe.

one bag of Penna pasta noodles boil until soft.

Add one jar of Chicken Alfredo sauce and mix up all ingredients.

This dish taste better after setting in the sauce overnight.

Enjoy

Wait you said you did not want to bake boil or anything else. Just go to KFC.