GreaseSpot Cafe

Wild, weird or stupid things that happened to you in or out of the ministry!

Dot Matrix

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, one night at the Limb we were having a - what did we call it when we had wine and bread?

A night of healing?

Anyway, I went all dressed up and I was the only woman who showed up. Rev. M did the whole teaching on healing and blood/body thing. It was a very serious night.

Anyway, in my haste to get ready, I did not have any pantyhose that were in good shape. Instead, I had a pair that was held together by strings and looked like pasta strands with feet.

Well, nobody would know -- I wore a great dress ans stylish boots. When I walked up to get my wine, somehow the back of my dress was tucked into my panty hose and everyone saw the shredded mess I was sporting beneath my ruffles.

there I was with my butt showing through the holes on one side and in place on the other, my legs had strands of hose and I was a fright!

I was red faced! icon_redface.gif:o-->

Dot_Matrix.gif

Our way home (all men) did a surprise breakfast in bed for a girls way home once, that was kinda fun.

We got up at 4:30, gathered all the breakfast supplies we had bought, went over, snuck in, cooked them a meal (there were 4 girls) and brought it into their bedrooms.

None of 'em were sleeping in the buff, dangit, but it was still a good time.

Lat summer I was at my favoraite watering hole with a few friends. We were invited to an "after hours" party at the home of one of the bar denizens.

As the party was beginning to break up at around 5:00 AM, my buddy Kevin and I noticed that one of the guys was hitting pretty hard on one of the young ladies. She had given him a ride to the party, and he had assumed that this meant SEX!!!! She was obviously uncomfortable at his advances and was trying to avoid him. He was not taking the hint!

Kevin and I sized up the situation and offered Mr. Romeo a ride home. He declined, indicating that he had an arrangement with the young lady. We told him "no, you're riding with US.

After arguing back and forth for a few minutes, Kevin and I each grabbed an arm and lifted him off the floor, carrying him out to my car, where we tossed him in the back seat.

After driving around in circles for 15 minutes, would-be-Romeo told us where he lived and we brought him home.

The young lady was very appreciative and we became friends and remain so. Just tonight she told the storty to several of her friends.

Part 2 to this story. A few weeks after the kidnapping, young lady was in the same bar with a date. She came over to say hello (and administer hugs) to Kevin and me. Her date later asked her why she was talking to the "old dudes". She replied "those old dudes are my friends...they kidnapped a guy for me!" And promptly dumped him. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

I remember going to a twig leaders meeting in Rome City Indiana at a cottage at Sylvan Lake owned by a believer. Anyway, we loaded about 40 people into this tiny cottage and of course sang way songs very loudly early Sunday Morning waking up the neighbors next door. They knocked on the door to ask if we could be a little quieter and our wonderful branch leader proceeded to get into a shoving match with the next door neighbor telling him to mind his own business. The guy calls the police who come out and write the way leader a disturbing the peace summons. Of course he rants about how the devil is just trying to stop us from having this meeting. I and my wife had never been in a police confrontation like this before, but really agreed with this nice folks next door who were trying to sleep in on a Sunday morning. They were only coming over to ask us if we could "hold it down" and this "a$$" turns it into some kind of persecution and gets into a fight with what appeared to be a rather normal guy. After that, I never had any respect for the guy and really lost my desire to be a twig leader and go to these manditory meetings. I wanted to be like the unbeliever guy next door sleeping in on Sunday morning and enjoying life on the weekends.

oakspear, you should have been brought up on charges for what you have confessed to.

do you have a sister?

how would you have felt if such a" Panty raid" had been conducted against her?

you @ssholes are damn lucky none of you stopped any lead.

if you had tried this on me you would have!!!

i dont think what you did is the least bit funny!!

sounds like typical sexist twi adolescent bull$hit to me.

again. how would you feel if this had been done to a sister.

oakspear shame on you for going along with this!

are you really sure you're not way material?

a thing of beauty

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_DEATH.htm

Metastic&Ocular:

Thanks for the lesson in humor from someone whose handle is "eye cancer". icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Read the title of the thread again...wild, weird, or STUPID things...

quote:
sounds like typical sexist twi adolescent bull$hit to me.
  • typical...check
  • TWI...check
  • adolescent...check
  • bullshirt...check

quote:
oakspear, you should have been brought up on charges for what you have confessed to.
Now,that would have been funny icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
you @ssholes are damn lucky none of you stopped any lead.

if you had tried this on me you would have!!!

Hey, great idea, kill someone over a "typical sexist twi adolescent bull$hit" prank.

quote:
are you really sure you're not way material?
I was in The Way when it happened, genius. It was twenty-two years ago.

Again, the title of the thread...

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Just for the record, there is a difference between a crime and a prank. The following will illustrate this.

I grew up in Grand Rapids, MI. If you drive outside the GR city limits in any direction, there's literally hundreds of farms where you can pick your own fruit and buy it cheaper than the grocery stores. One such farm had lots of apples. Out side the entrance to the orchard there was this ten foot tall plastic apple sitting there.

Certain of my acquaintances decided to make a bomb and blow up said apple. There were 11 people involved in this prank (one guy got stuff from the gypsum mine, another had a book on how to make a bomb, etc.), but 4 of the guys actually took the bomb there, and 2 took it to the apple. After placing the bomb where they did, they just left.

Well, this prank turned into a crime. The bomb didn't detonate when it was supposed to and the guys just left the scene thinking it never would explode. The next day it exploded, blinding a man who had a wife and 2 kids. It took 2 weeks, but the investigators found out about everybody who was involved.

Three of the four who drove to where the apple was did prison time of more than 2 yrs. The 4th guy's dad was loaded and he had a separate lawyer and copped a plea and alienated himself from the rest of the guys and later tried to kill himself. The other 7 involved had lawsuit problems.

This happened in 1974. Twenty years later the victim had recovered some of his sight but was still very bitter about the outcome. The 4 actual perpetrators were living normal lives. But if the bomb had only hurt the plastic apple or never exploded, there wouldn't have been much of an investigation and nobody would have done prison time. You don't lightly toss the word 'criminal' around unless somebody gets seriously hurt.

Actually, I thought Oak's story was perfect. It exemplifies the thinking of Waybrain mixed with the foolishness of youth - something most of us have lived through at one time or another.

He owes no apology to anyone who was not involved.

Having had the privilege of getting to know him off the boards - having had him stay in my home - and being female, I can guarantee he has grown up to become a wonderful man and gentleman.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

[This message was edited by Abigail on January 11, 2004 at 14:07.]

well, it sounds a lot like breaking and entering, and various potential crimes dealing with people being scared and/or intimidated.

We do NOT know that no one suffered any harm whatsoever. We can infer that if there was some, it was dealt with by typical way social pressure to make the victim think said potential harm was her own fault...

To me, though the idea of a panty raid has a youthful ring of fun to it, this was WAY out of the range of appropriate behavior, and even if not tangible, and even though at least some of the females thought it was fun also, it was probably a series of crimes.

At the very least, one clue given by Oak that it crossed the line into being criminal was that without the approval of one of the victims, said victim was seen nude.

Sorry, there are degrees of criminality, degrees of harm, degrees of intent. This one apparently wasn't as obviously harmful as trying to blow up an apple and blinding a man, but it still included intent that crossed the line and results that can reasonably be considered victimization.

Should Oak apologize? Well, it's his conscience, so who am I to say what he SHOULD do?

But based on his record, I would consider the actions at least somewhat criminal, and most definitely inappropriate.

oak, I realize it was done when you were in twi and young. I don't feel that there should be any apologies to us. Especially since we were not there.

Panty raids sound like fun but its the tying up that really bothered me. I would have totally freaked on being tied up. I would have had nightmares for months... icon_eek.gif

But remember you all that is upset by this is that it happened many years ago and he was young. Haven't we all done things in our lives when we were young? This thread is suppose to be about all those dumb, silly or hilarious things that happened to you or you did.

Now I don't think it was funny but it it was dumb which certainly fits in this thread. I certainly am not going to judge oak by it.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Yes, Oak and the room of the sleeping naked woman? She was "involved" in the raid too. As a victim.

Cloaking explanations in terms of "gentlemen that they were" only shows how you rationalized your actions, but doesn't change the nature of the events.

I'm certain you are not the only person who has done something foolish.

That's not related to calling attention to the nature of the act you shared with us.

I have a daughter. I cannot believe ANY good can come from something like what you did, even though it was obviously fun and no harm was intended.