GreaseSpot Cafe

San Francisco!

Belle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was by far one of the greatest times that I have ever had in Frisco! Belle and Notta are real class acts, and Belle's family is really sweet too!

After dinner we had to bid farewell to Belle as she needed to leave with her family. She is just as sweet, loving and straight forward as she seems in her posts and contrary to what some may think she really is very Southern with all of the class and intelligence that comes from a real Southern Belle. :) I know that Notta and I were both very sad to say good bye so early to dear Belle. But alas we didnt let her get away scott free, we can always crash her house!

Anyway Notta and I then wandered the pier looking for a cup of Peets coffee, those Mojito's pack a punch! :drink: We ended up watching one of those mobile street vendors use spray paint and scratch board techniques to make a most unusual and beautiful picture of Frisco's skyline. It was so nice we asked him to make another so I could buy it. We held on for as long as we could but it was getting late and the drive to Walnut Creek was about 40 minutes more. So we finally got in the car and headed out.

I had never been in Walnut Creek, that I can remember, so it was really a good thing that Notta was navigating or I would probably be calling someone for directions from Tiajuana right now. Eventually it came time to say goodbye to Notta, I delayed that as much as I could but it was inevitable. :( Notta is a kind and gentle soul, she is a woman that thinks deeply and laughs easily. I was very sad to let go of her and say goodbye. But she didnt get off the hook either. The next time that she is even near the area we are meeting in Tahoe.

My trip of a mile and a half back to my motel from the BART station (Notta had to pick up her car and I was lost enough...hehehe) anyway my trip to the motel was very quiet. When I finally entered my room at about 12:15 am I was exhausted, elated, overjoyed and a bit sad and lonely. It was my great honor to meet such incredible women. Belle please tell your father "Yes, it was worth the drive!"

I used the next day to relax a bit on the Wharf and Coit's tower and China town and just all over town. I spent a ton of money and took a gazillion pictures all for my roomie and niece who could not make the trip with me because of school and work.

Edited by Eyesopen

Eyes told it all very well except for the part with the AWESOME crab chowder and seafood, and MOJITOS!!! Those were the BESTEST mojitos I've ever had!!

I can post the picture of us with Jonny's cousin if Eyes and Belle agree to me posting it.

I had to leave you something Notta! :)

And she aint just whistling Dixie on the food and MOJITO'S being totally incredible!!!

PS go ahead and post away!

Edited by Eyesopen

P-Mosh, that guy was hilarious! We had the greatest time watching him. We stood across the street watching the mobs gather to watch. He did a good job of taking "breaks" to disperse the crowds, too. I wonder if he knows how popular he is. You can even find the guy on Wikipedia. :biglaugh:

Dove, I was going to have some Rice A Roni in your honor but, believe it or not, I couldn't find any! :o

Eyes, I'll pay you later for those very nice things. :wink2: Even better than we rehearsed! You do exceed expectations, Ms. Shark.

Notta, post away!

ALWAYS an open invitation to crash at Chez Belle. I can't make Mojitos like those incredibly awesome ones at The Crab House, but I do have fresh mint and I can also pop a mean cork on a bottle of Merlot.

Chatty, you're too close now to NOT visit! You must come up my way or vice versa one week-end!

Belle,

your hair is so red and pretty! Is that Redken Hot Tamale, or Matrix Cinnabar?

You all had fun, so jealous...............

I've been sick all week......... :angry:

Hey! You found my long lost twin brother! Handsome fellow I must admit. Although, it seems as if he's put on a few pounds. :wink2:

And hey girls, sounds like you all had a fine time of it. Good for you three!

JL

P.S.

Ya know, that surfer dude looks just like "Spicoli" in the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", ya know?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Bliss, it's L'Oreal Preference Intense Copper Red. :biglaugh: But Matrix Cinnabar sounds cool!

I hope you're feeling better!

Jonny, he does look like Spicoli! You shoulda heard us squeal like schoolgirls when we saw him. We knew immediately we'd have to get our picture taken with him! Pity you weren't there, too.

surfing_h306.jpg

Oh yeh, and it was Jeff. Jeff Spicoli. Yeah, that woulda been fun to be there I think. Haven't been to san Francisco in a long long time! 77 it was, for the first Heartbeat Festival. We did a little detour, my WOW fam and I, down to the Wharf. I'd been there a few years earlier when shipping out of the Port Of San Francisco and had lived out of a hotel for three weeks, and knew a tiny bit about the place. I lived in a hotel on Turk Street, I think it was. There it was that I "wasted my substance on riotous living" at the tender age of seventeen before I finally caught ship out of there. And so, I showed the WOW fam around and it was fun...

p.s.

And what does Spicoli have in his belt in that pic? A bagel for when he gets the munchies later?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

No kidding! you get socks in your pants, you're gonna be smiling! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh my. Well, glad y'all had fun! Nothing like a little City by the Bay and some wine to go with it! I did see a news story about a group of women taken into custody - something about "Indecent behavior in public involving a statue", not sure what that was about, but apparently parts of the statue still haven't been recovered.... :biglaugh:

Edited by socks