GreaseSpot Cafe

introduction

agape99

Hello,

I have recently left The Way International after 14 years of being in the ministry. I was never around during V.P. Wierwille's days, and I was really on the outside looking in for the most part after L. Craig Martindale left in disgrace. My time in TWI is a mixed bag. I met my wife there (whom I love dearly), I met some good people, learned a lot about God, got yelled at, got put down, was taught poisonous doctrines, became confused when Martindale blew it for the whole world to see, and never really recovered from being degraded by local leaders in the late 90's. That ultimately made me suspicious of them enough to search the internet (against their heated advice I might add). The internet woke me up! I realized I had allowed these people to control me, and to manipulate me. I take responsibility for not taking a stand against what I knew in my heart was corrupt. Many of you did and became mark and avoid for it (unjustly I might add). I can only ask forgiveness from those I should have stood up for, and to move on. There are a lot of people who love God in this world. The Way International does NOT hold the copywright on GOD. God will still work in your life after TWI, believe me when I tell you that. Last thing I would like to say is that 365 midnights have come and passed since I left TWI. I'm still not a grease spot.

I will never forget the hurt on some of my fellow believers faces (along with shock and disbelief) when TWI played the Martindale incident for all the believers. It really shook some people. That made me sad.

agape, I've read your other posts with interest. Having left around 89-90, I appreciate the immediacy of your voice as to the later goings-on, and your POV. You'll be a valuable member, I'm sure. My heart goes out to you, and my prayers go up for you! I'm too new to be an official welcomer, but I'm sure that you will be appreciated!

I will never forget the hurt on some of my fellow believers faces (along with shock and disbelief) when TWI played the Martindale incident for all the believers. It really shook some people. That made me sad.

Could you elaborate on the bolded section above. I'm not quite sure what was played. Nor what medium was used to reach all the believers - SNS maybe?

Welcome to GSC. We're glad you are here. Here are some refreshments to enjoy as you get acquainted with the place.

coffee_roaster.jpg

donuts.jpg

Suda

Could you elaborate on the bolded section above. I'm not quite sure what was played. Nor what medium was used to reach all the believers - SNS maybe?

Yes I can...

In my area of the country they did a live hook up. They told the core (I believe) on a core hook-up earlier, let them digest it for a few days, and than had the believers in our area get together for a meeting. They did a hook-up, and BAM, "L. Craig Martindale had a affair." Now they said that both parties were consenting parties. I now know that to be false.

Here's another tid bit. My Way Core leader made this statement about a month prior to L. Craig Martindale leaving headquarters in shame, "The Allen's are obviously just after money. They didn't ask, can we get back into the word with you, or lets try to work with out. Heck, Martindale's basicly lost his job over this. " I can't remember exactly what he said after that but it had to do with Martindale losing his Presidency, and the fact that he had really been punished enough. This Way Core guy was still defending Martindale!!! After Martindale was technically put on, "spiritual probation" this same core guy (a limb cordinator no less) stated, "I can't believe it's taken this and he still hasn't woken up." This is the same Core guy that kept telling me, "You obviously just don't want to do the word" and "You haven't moved on anything I've asked you to do. What are you even here for." I remember crying (literally) to God asking him to work in this leaders heart to not kick me out. Now I realize he was just as OUT TO LUNCH as I was. As I said before, I take responsibility for allowing myself to be treated like that. I write this to help others, and to hopefully confirm in some of your hearts (if you even have any doubt at all left) that TWI (The Way International) is totally OUT TO LUNCH...

There are a lot of people who love God in this world. The Way International does NOT hold the copywright on GOD. God will still work in your life after TWI, believe me when I tell you that. Last thing I would like to say is that 365 midnights have come and passed since I left TWI. I'm still not a grease spot.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! TWI does not hold the copyright on the Bible or God. God has bless me far exceedingly than when I was in TWI.

I know what you mean about the hurt when we heard the tape of Craig announcing his "one-time affair". I cried and thought it would be a fog years all over again.

I am thankful that I see TWI for what it truly is, and I am thankful to be here for many more who will get their eyes of understanding enlightened in the future.

Bless your heart Agape99, and welcome to the cafe. This is the place where we are happy to be Gspots. ;)

Suda,

Craig didn't address the congregation in person. He did a tape explaning his side of things (truthfully??? only God knows). That tape ended up getting distributed to the fellowships.

I was on Staff at the time, and even we only got a tape. We didn't see him in person for MONTHS after that tape was heard. Then when we did see him, you could see the discomfort in his face. We didn't see him on grounds ever again afterward and up to the point we were told he was told to move out and get a job.

Edited by Nottawayfer

Dear ((((((((((((((Agape99))))))))),

I welcomed You in another thread I know, but I am glad to get to know You more here in your introduction thread...and I agree with AnotherDan too! You will hold a unique value here to us all!

Love You and Welcome again Agape99, RainbowsGirl

Welcome agape99! Glad you are here I never was part of the TWI but I was much of a victum as you and as many of the ex-wayers here. Don't feel bad if you did't get something out of the way you would have stayed there . Its important that you can think for yourself as a lot of the members do. Feel free to vent it good for you and a lot of people here.

Agape,

Welcome to GreaseSpot and to life outside the walls of the Way International! I am so much closer to God now than I was during most of my 23.5 years in TWI. I have learned to trust Him.

For a kick, read Revelation 4 where it describes God's throne room and picture yourself as you are ... with total access to that throne room of God's heart. TWI tries even yet to set up itself as your "ticket to God" but the blood of Jesus Christ is your ticket ... Romans 10:9 was what you had to do to "punch your ticket." Jesus Christ the Righteous is your advocate ... no man or, God forbid, lesbian is your defense attorney. Jesus Christ paid the price for you to have access to God's heart ... the Way can never take that away!

We won't be a part of that wrath which is to come, but we will be with Jesus Christ, our Brother. Cool! We'll get to see that throne room in person because that's where Jesus Christ will be, judging the nations (but not us) because we have already been judged and acquitted by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Again, welcome!

DogLover