GreaseSpot Cafe

wnaspi32.dll

act2

A few years ago on my laptop, I accidently deleted something and after that, dvd's would no longer work on my laptop.

I am now trying to fix the problem. I finally messed around with it enough to find out that the wnaspi32.dll is missing, I think is what it said.

So, I search the internet and there are all kinds of places to get it for 'free' but I am concerned about getting more than what I bargained for!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

It will be tomorrow before I can try any suggestions as my laptop is at our shop and I am heading to my mom's for some good old comfort food, meatloaf and potatoes, and who knows what else. DESSERT, I am sure!!!!!!]

I had the same problem a couple months back on my old dinosaur - I couldn't burn cds, getting the same missing wnaspi32.dll message.

The problem was fixed by going to "Bart's ASPI page" and downloading from Adaptec's site the latest ASPI

drivers and installing them.

That did the trick, and I'm a caveman when it comes to computers.

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

Hey Sudo,

I have an HP laptop that is probably at least 6 years old... I bought it right after Windows XP came out whenever that was.

I will check at the shop TUESDAY since Monday is a holiday and see if HP was kind enough to include a CD!!

Thanks for your input.