GreaseSpot Cafe

WIPE OUT!

Bumpy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend of mine has a little motto.. a house isn't quite the same without a black cat..

:)

The last black cat he had was a celebrity. People would call from Virginia, Florida.. they wouldn't say "how ya doing".. they'd say.. "how's the cat?"

:biglaugh:

true story.

Weird, I know..

but this cat was one soul that I was priviledged to be acquainted with..

A good friend of mine has a little motto.. a house isn't quite the same without a black cat..

:)

The last black cat he had was a celebrity. People would call from Virginia, Florida.. they wouldn't say "how ya doing".. they'd say.. "how's the cat?"

:biglaugh:

true story.

Weird, I know..

but this cat was one soul that I was priviledged to be acquainted with..

I had a cat like that - he was the coolest. His name was Emmitt and he was like the twig mascot. People who knew me, knew Emmitt. He was a lot like a dog in that he'd come when I called his name and was very social. He loved all other animals and people - there's wasn't a nicer cat in the world. And if he really liked you, he'd try to give you a bath! He was popular - he even got his own Christmas cards!

i'm not talking to you

Are YOU ... talkin to ME? What a sweet redhead ... so glad your rascal is home.

Is this where the trolls hang out?

Certainly if by wiping out all the posts here, all the bad feelings would also be wiped out .. then it would be good. I took that as sorta the initial bumpy (the troll) hypothetical thinking.

from wikipedia ... As a speech act the term troll is sometimes used as an ad hominem argument, attacking the poster rather than the content or issues of the post.

But here many posts are about areas of disagreement ... and many questions are to stimulate debate. It seems a pretty fine line as to when that becomes trolling. But I also was called a troll ... so maybe I should put on some big hooks and see what bites ....

troller.jpg

I think Bumpy's initial post was harmless. Not something that I would expect anyone here to agree with, but still harmless and just an idea. Hey Bumpy, you come on up here to Juneau, and we'll go trolling for Cohos. They are thick out there in the salt, and the weather's been outrageous!

This is a present for you, Jonny & Rhino...and maybe ~Exie~if she's speaking...? No Peeking Toms!

http://www.hbovoyeur.com/

Bumpy just likes to stir things up.

Whether it is because of differences in cultures, lack of empathy, or certain troll-like characteristics in his personality, we may never know.

All you have to know is that he likes to ask controversial questions, and then sit back and let the stew bubble.

-------------------------------------------

Bumpy... your question has been answered already, in a way.

Those of us that were around for WayDale had a chance to "start over" with the closing of that website and the opening of this one. The site and the forums are just a blank template in the beginning. What we post here is what shapes the place. And GreaseSpot turned out almost exactly the same as WayDale.

Those of us who are here like it here. The threads and posts here are a result of what we are thinking and feeling at the moment, and if we haven't "moved on" yet, if we are still healing and this place helps, then you can shut it down over and over again, and we will restart it over and over again.

Those of us who have moved on or left in a huff, well, that is their choice.

This isn't a cult.

This isn't a mandate.

This is our free choice.

Get over it.

Edited by TheHighWay

Bumpy just likes to stir things up.

Whether it is because of differences in cultures, lack of empathy, or certain troll-like characteristics in his personality, we may never know.

All you have to know is that he likes to ask controversial questions, and then sit back and let the stew bubble.

-------------------------------------------

Bumpy... your question has been answered already, in a way.

Those of us that were around for WayDale had a chance to "start over" with the closing of that website and the opening of this one. The site and the forums are just a blank template in the beginning. What we post here is what shapes the place. And GreaseSpot turned out almost exactly the same as WayDale.

Those of us who are here like it here. The threads and posts here are a result of what we are thinking and feeling at the moment, and if we haven't "moved on" yet, if we are still healing and this place helps, then you can shut it down over and over again, and we will restart it over and over again.

Those of us who have moved on or left in a huff, well, that is their choice.

This isn't a cult.

This isn't a mandate.

This is our free choice.

Get over it.

“Little Bo - Peep has lost her sheep, and can’t tell where to find them;

Leave them alone, and they’ll come home, wagging their tales behind them!”

“Bumpy likes to stir things up”...Really? Or maybe just have a little laugh at how a contrary idea is attacked in the same old Way Brain fashion I used to know...Troll like questions...are we regressing back to childhood here? “This is not a cult”, you’ve got to be kidding? <_<

This IS a MIDDLE AGED WAY CORPS CULT under the guise of “moving on”. You haven’t moved onto anything except the Internet. (this little thread of a Wipe Out is just one example) And here behind your avatars, you can sling the bs even further than when you were wearing your “official badges”!!

Madam Highway, I did not live my life in a way corps wash closet and then come out to regret it. I’m sorry that you and all the angry others like you, still live in that “attack mode” wc mold. You only fool yourselves into thinking you have moved beyond your “waybrain” past when the supposed pot is so easily stirred.

Some might disagree whether this site is going to help or harm, I reserve judgement. But everyone has to take their lumps in life, the question is do they have any “style” in the process?

My take is very simple, I spend about 8 months per year in a very difficult part of the world. During the remainder, I must raise enough capital to start the program all over, recharge the batteries and relax.

If people like you think your life is too difficult, please do some comparative shopping in my world. It may in fact cure you of your past ailments better than an Internet site...and then YOU can "get over it"! I'm sorry but I don't have anything to...get over. :cryhug_1_:

I’ll look forward to my exciting post “pot stirring” results in the news as usual a demain.

Bumpy the Troll

Why is it up to you to administer the lumps?

You chose to live in a tough part of the world....well big friggin whoop de doo. What??? You want pats on the back? You want applause? You figgure God likes you better than every one else??? that your service some how makes it acceptible to deride others, criticize, dismiss their thoughts, ideas and feelings, their lives abnd efforts as unimportant??

WHY is it that you find it necessary to denigrate and crap on people, no matter what the topic being discussed...be it learning self defense, a moving video, moments remembered?

For heavens sake....why not find a way to be of benefit here rather than non stop bitching, moaning, and complaining because nobody else is living up to your expectations for entertainment over morning tea?

Edited by rascal

“Bumpy likes to stir things up”...Really? Or maybe just have a little laugh at how a contrary idea is attacked in the same old Way Brain fashion I used to know...

Did it ever occur to you that this is why it elicited a negative response from some people. Some here are still quite hyper-sensative to anything coming at them in "the same old Way Brain fashion" they used to know. You could tell them God is Love in the wrong way and some here will find it upsetting. Your lack of concern for other peoples' feelings is what I mean when I say you like to stir the pot.

This IS a MIDDLE AGED WAY CORPS CULT under the guise of “moving on”. You haven’t moved onto anything except the Internet. I’m sorry that you and all the angry others like you, still live in that “attack mode” wc mold. And here behind your avatars, you can sling the bs even further than when you were wearing your “official badges”!! I'm sorry but I don't have anything to...get over.

Monsieur Bumpy... just what bs am I supposed to have been slinging here? You didn't know me then, and you certainly don't know me now. Your own personal anger and hatred for the way corps is well-known to anyone who reads these forums. You say you have nothing to get over but I think you betray yourself in how much you, yourself, lash out and point fingers.

Some might disagree whether this site is going to help or harm, I reserve judgement.

No you don't... that's just the point. You have made plenty of judgments about people here. But you don't "hear" the venom coming out of your own mouth, and when people question you or get angry back at you, you say you did nothing. You say, I only asked an innocent little question. That is classic manipulation, and a lot of us here have no tolerance for it.

But everyone has to take their lumps in life, the question is do they have any “style” in the process?

Well, this one statement explains so much!! Is that really what you consider important in life? Wow.

My take is very simple, I spend about 8 months per year in a very difficult part of the world. During the remainder, I must raise enough capital to start the program all over, recharge the batteries and relax. If people like you think your life is too difficult, please do some comparative shopping in my world.

Oooh... aren't you special? Don't you just make all the sacrifices, though? (Oh, the arrogance.) Did you hurt your hand patting yourself on the back, there, Bumps? I am not less than you, nor is anyone who posts on these boards! Perhaps I was wrong: you don't need to "get over it." Apparently what you really need to get over is yourself.

Dear Madam Highway,

My morning tea and toast with homemade fig & cinnamon jam are sitting happily next to me. Sounds like from your response, we are going to be....friends? :rolleyes:

So let’s play a game. You take the high road, and I’ll take the low road, and let’s see who can hitch hike back to Emporia the fastest!

Honestly, I was expecting more from you in your response. Just not enough blood in the water to get too excited about. Take away all the sarcastic remarks, and your foundational assumption that I “hate the way corps”, and there is really nothing left except your personal attack on Bumpy the Troll!

I know trying to change your perception of me is not possible. Not even if I tell you a morning joke about za French...ah oui?

But I’ll bet I get back to Emporia before ya! :biglaugh:

i'm not talking to you

...hahaha, yes you are! Did you like your little "present"??

I just discovered this forum last year, and for me, it has proven to be invaluable and has brought me deliverance, healing and clarity regarding some huge investments and huge losses in my life. Mostly just reading what has already been posted is where I found the deliverance.

I think poster Diazbro said it best here:

"It used to be that every six months or so that someone would post something along the lines of "gee , there isn't anything new here anymore so why should I continue to come here ?". This behavior actually started on Waydale though at that time there was still a fair amount of interesting, "insider" information being posted since TWI had yet to take seriously the internet forums. They had initially attempted to dismiss Waydale , then they forbade innies from reading, and then they assigned their suckups to read it. And then we know that they liked to distribute false information in specific geographic areas to see if it showed up on the forums so they could "smoke out" traitors and opponents of the "one true ministry".

So over time we saw less and less information because of this but also because people were leaving - thus it is understandable that the "insider information" was drying up. I recall some people complaining about it as if these forums were supposed to serve as some type of gossip column for TWI. In my view its a bit immature to think that these forums are here to entertain and dazzle as if this is the national enquirer of the Way cult world. If someone is complaining about this aspect of it (not enough "insider info") then maybe they should take it upon themselves to find some and stop bugging the forum. This is a record of people's experiences with TWI. While one post might be terribly boring to one person , it could be EXACTLY what someone else needed so have some patience.

I've always felt certain that the larger part of the readership at Gspot are lurkers who never post. This includes WayGB and innies who are contemplating a departure. IT also includes many ex-Way who just don't want to be recognized or don't want to take the trip down memory lane so they are content to benefit from the information being posted albeit in a passive fashion. Fair enough. Frankly I think there is such a thing as posting too much but perhaps if I had more time I would post more.

Its also important to remember that we are not all at the station in life as another. Nor did we all leave TWI at the same time. Some are still trying to figure out what happened in TWI while others have long since moved on. The point is that just because someone is "over it" doesn't mean that another should be too. Thats a huge assumption I see being made though less frequently these days than in the early days of Gspot and on Waydale. Plus many people don't have lots of time to digest all the information on this site. I know I haven't. Some people do seem to spend a great deal of time here so if the material seems dry or not so fresh please understand that for many of us there is too much to wade though and we are getting there in our own time at our own pace. Also it might also be the case that we reach different conclusions so be prepared for that.

There is no requirement to be "like minded" in our lives after TWI so its a sure bet that lots of people will have their own ideas about their time with TWI and Gspot is a place for that type of information. I think its a good place and it needs to be here. In my mind even if TWI were to completely cease operations today, then Gspot would still need to remain because lots of people have yet to find this place. There are also others who do know its here but they simply aren't ready to start the rehabilitation process or start looking at all thats here so when they are, its here. TWI experience was very damaging for many people so having a place like this is important."

Diazbro

That quote was from the thread "greasespot....sore spot for twi".

Click Here: Link

People come here bruised and broken hearted, many find deliverance and peace here...

Luke 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised

Many who are the elder posters here operate much like big brothers and sisters in compassion toward others with a view toward restoring one another from error to truth.

Mark 6:34

And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

This parable should be renamed from the prodigal son to the forgiving Father:

Luke 15:20

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

I find it real hard to tollerate anyone operating within the christian field who doesn't have compassion for the injured, or tollerance for suffering, no matter how small, be it mental, spiritual or emotional. Until you have walked in another persons shoes you cannot possibly know what they've endured or judge them. I don't believe the "prodigal son" had injured anything but his relationship with his father, and maybe his pride, but God Amightly chose to include it in His Word.

I don't think Jesus put a time conditional limit for people carrying burdens,

Mathew 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

And finally...

Mathew 23:4

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Hmm...I wonder who this sounds like? Hmm, now, who could it be??? Could it be….??

Edited by but now I see

Because the rest of the chapter is so instructional I think this thread warrants the rest of it.

Mathew 23

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

17Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

21And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

22And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

And to all those who say, "why don't you just get over it and move on!!"....

Because those who have gone before me said it so well, again I digress, I must quote from our fellow poster, diazbro, again...the following are excerpts from previous threads:

"This is an internet forum. Its virtual. No one is forced to come here. The effort required to post here is minimal. Its not like its a "life" investment. Maybe some people scour every post. I don't know and if they do then so be it. I don't care. People can work jobs , go to college, have families, go to a church, and still post here. In TWI the only possibility was to serve TWI. There was little time for anything else.

I don't see how GS Cafe can be represented as a place for people whose only function in life is to moan about TWI. Besides if a person doesn't like it here then why do they keep coming ? Who is twisting anyone's arm ? Seems to me that people get fed up only when they start encountering opinions that don't match their own. Debate, disagree, and discuss but when people "pick up their toys" and wanna leave its a sure bet they got their feelings hurt so they wanna make like the entire forum has a problem. Its a tired act.

Lots of posters have tried to dismiss Waydale and Gs Cafe as a collection of whiners, malcontents, infidels, reprobates, and lots of other names I can't recall at the moment. And almost all of these people still had some type of soft spot for TWI or its leaders. Of course there was always the "get over it" crowd who ,incidentally, were some of the most accusative posters ever. And some of them were former leaders and corps who were trying to get people to "forgive" them so they could rest easy.

Incidentally - lots of Way leaders (past and present) want you to "get over it" because they know they have done lots of horrible things to people and they are lookng for an easy way out.

LEt people talk about what they want. It doesn't cost anyone a dime to come here (expect maybe the monthly ISP bill) so how the hell is it a problem for someone if this place exists to discuss the problems with TWI ? Is it taking food out of someone's mouth ? Is it depriving someone of a job ? Peoples' lives were impacted by the evil perpetrated by TWI and its leaders Its not some damn joke. Some were heavily invested in an organization that turned on them and slandered them. So now they have a chance to talk about it yet someone else wants them to quit "being redundant" ? Who has the problem here ?

…….Even if TWI ceased to exist as of this very moment , GS Cafe would still serve a purpose long into the future for those seeking to make sense of their Way experience. Some people made a considerable life investment in TWI and are struggling to deal with that aftermath. They have a liftime of Way experiences to match up with those of others just to see what it was all about and to see if they were perhaps imagining certain things. It might take someone years to do this and this forum is hell of a lot more convenient for them to accomplish that then writing letters or driving around the country trying to reconcile with others.

If you've "gotten over it" then cool - but others haven't and it doesn't cost you, me, or anyone a dime to be here. Let people do what they will.

……. The timleine for recovery can be quite lengthy which is something that appears to be news for some even those who have been the recipient/victim of sustained, patterned abuse. First , it takes time and courage for someone to come to terms with being a victim. Its crucial to the reparation process to take an unflinching look at what happened as a form of acknowledgement that yes it did happen. It wasn't a product of anyone's imagination. And while time might have put some distance between some past events and today , the hurt is still there.

Those who don't wish to "deal with it" or engage some self-investigative process *could* be in denial but I think its more common the case that they know its gonna be dragging up lots of (possibly very negative) emotions and it takes tremendous strength to deal with that. At times it can be like lifting the lid on a full trashcan thats been sitting under the Sun in July. Its not gonna be pleasant but how long do you want that trash to sit there. You can't blame someone like this - after all performing a self-inventory can disrupt your life and if you are relatively content then you might wish to avoid it though you know that the "trash" is still sitting there. Its just a question of how long you will let it remain. There are still areas in my life like this ,(not necessarily related to TWI), that I know I have to deal with sooner or later.

The goal isn't to wallow in the pain and remain perpetually injured person. Its to take care of personal business that will 1) help you mend the relationship with yourself and others and 2) insure a layer of insulation against future potential situations that might prove to be abusive. But each must progress in their own time and at their own pace.

Some married couples can tell you about this. One spouse is anxious to move past some problem whereas another needs more time and space to sort it out. Neither is wrong though practicality demands some type of resolution so both can continue to function and fulfll basic responsibilities. Hopefully they can agree to support each other or at the very least respect the process.

My primary concern about all this is that I see folks on GSpot who want to , perhaps unconsciously, dictate to others a schedule of recovery. Maybe one has arrived at the place where a discussion on ,for example, the distribution of ABS back in 1977 represents useless information though for another it might be a breakthrough in their realization that there were financial improprieties taking place. Maybe they were part of it or knew someone who was. It helps people to "connect the dots". If your picture of TWI experience is complete and ready to be put aside for something else then good for you. Thats quite an accomplihsment. But perhaps some haven't finished with theirs yet. Maybe they want to take it at a slower pace or maybe their investment was far greater than another's thus it will take more time.

I'll admit that I don't much care for the theological disucssions over in the doctrinal forum but thats my choice. Those who engage each other over there clearly want to and its important to them to "connect some dots" also so I respect that. I don't go over there and make it seem as if they are obssessed with mind numbing biblical minuate at the expense of reality. I let them be. Who knows maybe even one day I might find a discussion over there I want to get into. But the fact that I don't participate now doesn't negate its value for others.

We aren't all working in the same jigsaw puzzle here , nor did everyone begin at the same time, and others aren't even working on a puzzle ,so its unreasonable to assume that we should all complete it at the same time. Seems to me that we've had some recent posters at Gspot who want others to leave it all behind simply because they have. Thats most unfortunate."

Exactly!