GreaseSpot Cafe

WIPE OUT!

Bumpy

So, my little friends are back. At least when they show their teeth, it’s not their breath that kills you. Be careful of meathead goats in sheep clothing, serving lousy meals.

It can be bad for the image of a cult-counter-cult website. That is, if image is important to the outside cult viewer? <_<

In any case, I never wanted to unwind the reel, no matter how surreal. It was just for fun, to start your day. But a little sad to see such a tough reaction when no ill will was intended.

But just maybe another example of how certain folks have staked their territory of entitlement...in the land of the grease spot. <_<

Hey Bumpy - this is silly. Read my first post again:

Not to sound too mean and heartless here - but you can do that very thing for yourself, Bumpy.

You can DELETE the GSC bookmark from your computer and never come back to visit. In effect that would give you the chance to have the "new" beginning you speak of.

I'm not telling you to leave GSC - it's not my style. It's never been a goal of mine to force someone to leave - how silly is that? This place may be a tempest in a teacup (coffee mug :spy: ) at times - but it's OUR coffee mug and we get to choose the tempests we will weather.

To force someone to leave (or try) is really just schoolyard politics - and I never played those games even back in HS.

Once again.. this is silly. You talk like I'm the one that gave you grief - and I did not. I suggested that if it was so upsetting to you to read the posts at Greasespot that perhaps you shouldn't return.

I agreed with you that some of the arguments around here seem small in the grand scheme of things (hence the "tempest in a teacup" remark.) I even acknowleged that it can get pretty much like a bunch of teenagers arguing around here - which I try not to participate in.

I tried to make it very clear that I was in no way wishing you to leave the cafe. I don't even have a say in the matter. I don't make the rules here. I just like to write. Sheesh!

Us. Our. We. Many have said it before - this is a community. Granted it's a community on the web - but just the same it is a community. I never said "only us", "just our" or "we are the club."

You absolutely don't know me at all if you are accusing me of that kind of thinking. I'd look in a mirror before laying insults (even those couched in innuendo) at anyone's feet.

So you get offended when someone else throws an insult at you and then you take it out on me? It seems to me you may have once coordinated the Corps. Your tactics are very similiar. <_<

Have another glass of wine... tell us how wonderful your life is there in wherever it is you sit at your computer and post. But please, spare me the attempts at superiority and pompousness.

BTW - where did you get your screen name? Just wondering...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always start a new board, one that would do that. Invite everyone to come to it and participate. See how it goes.

The benefit of another board to your suggestion would be that you could gather input, and give it a shot.

GS has very minor guide lines. GS mostly provides the space. Different forums divvy up the space to allow for organizing sharing and discussion.

The time and amount of participation is up to the users. The guide lines, such as they are, place some basic expectations on the use, not much more. As a result, discussion of all kinds takes place and doesn't follow a specific direction. The direction is determined by the users.

If "garbage" is a euphimism for the amount of postings that take place, there's really no need. The fact that a lot of posts roll off over time to older pages reflects the interest in the threads, over time it ebbs and flows, ends, comes back up again, starts over. Using the Search feature allows for older stuff to be found. When the server space gets too packed, I'd assume a clean up and archiving can be done.

If "garbage" is a euphimism for trashy, useless posts or threads that have no value, that's a matter of opinion. One person's garbages, another person's treasure. I suspect by the sounds of it that you're suggesting guidelines that would clean everything out regardless. That doesn't make sense to me, then you lose everything. If the intent is to simply start over fresh, start a new board and do that. You don't need to destroy the one, to have the other.

Again, if GS appears like a club to you and you want a new one, start it. The 'Net's wide open.

Very strong points Socks, Amen.

Dear Children,

I am sure when God looks down upon all your wonderful postings here, His name will be magnified in your knowledge of Him! (forget that idea to delete after all, it’s too important for HIM to miss this wonderful work in progress!) ....And IF “every word shall be judged which proceeds from your little mouths”, at least the heavens won’t need lawyers, it will all be down on black and white. <_<

Abi, don’t forget your little poo stain in the soap section dear. Dooj, forget cooking, you would make a wonderful secretary for a psycho ward. And isn’t it nice that smart people like Larry are around for all the grease spots to read and get excited over? After all, without new blood in the shark tank, you might all die for lack of oxygen! I mean boredom. :biglaugh:

You can now go back to that never ending...”healing process” ... :eusa_clap:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6976183.stm

Dear Children,

I am sure when God looks down upon all your wonderful postings here, His name will be magnified in your knowledge of Him! (forget that idea to delete after all, it's too important for HIM to miss this wonderful work in progress!) ....And IF "every word shall be judged which proceeds from your little mouths", at least the heavens won't need lawyers, it will all be down on black and white. <_<

Abi, don't forget your little poo stain in the soap section dear. Dooj, forget cooking, you would make a wonderful secretary for a psycho ward. And isn't it nice that smart people like Larry are around for all the grease spots to read and get excited over? After all, without new blood in the shark tank, you might all die for lack of oxygen! I mean boredom. :biglaugh:

You can now go back to that never ending..."healing process" ... :eusa_clap:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6976183.stm

I know I don't deserve the words spoken or typed by such a righteous man. Your far superior righteous posts shouldn't be contaminated by the filth posted here. Lead by example, we would rather see a sermon than hear one, be the true leader of the Café and go forth and delete all your own posts…..

Bumpy your last post was about as self-righteous as I can imagine. Next you'll be telling us how blessed we are to be able to hear/see your words. And we should all bow down to your obvious moral superiority.

<snark>

God save me cos I've wronged a superior intellect!

</snark>

Thanks Dot.

Bump, you just reminded me of a joke, vaguely remember, it's a husband and wife, and the wife is ripping the man about all the TV he watches...."If you really loved me, you wouldn't watch those dammed sports games all the time!" and the guy's on the couch leaning forward to the TV and says "honey, did you see where the remote went to?"

Well, it was funny in the original.

Sometimes communication are not what it said when we thought that meant the words. Thing. :biglaugh:

Wow, socks - you just sorta reminded me of a joke - let's see if I can tell it:

The man was explaining to his co-worker where he got that black eye from. That morning at breakfast, what he meant to say was, "Good morning Dear, I hope you slept well. Please pass the Wheaties," when out of his mouth came, "You nasty so-and-so! You've ruined my life!"

I know I don't deserve the words spoken or typed by such a righteous man. Your far superior righteous posts shouldn't be contaminated by the filth posted here. Lead by example, we would rather see a sermon than hear one, be the true leader of the Café and go forth and delete all your own posts…..

Hey there DucTape. :)

Actually -- he can't delete his and neither can we delete ours ---

if it isn't done within (I think) 12 hour time frame.

After 12 hours only the Admin team can do it.

Bump, you just reminded me of a joke, vaguely remember, it's a husband and wife, and the wife is ripping the man about all the TV he watches...."If you really loved me, you wouldn't watch those dammed sports games all the time!" and the guy's on the couch leaning forward to the TV and says "honey, did you see where the remote went to?

HA!!! That reminds me of one of our Lady posters here at GSC,

who went shopping with the TV remote in her purse *sorta accidental-like/ on purpose*,

since her husband wanted to stay home and watch TV!

I forget who did that now, but it was hilarious when I read it here!!

[quote

HA!!! That reminds me of one of our Lady posters here at GSC,

who went shopping with the TV remote in her purse *sorta accidental-like/ on purpose*,

since her husband wanted to stay home and watch TV!

I forget who did that now, but it was hilarious when I read it here!!

hee hee hee

Bumpy reminds me of this skit - one could simply substitute his name for Paul

(**THERE IS SOME SWEARING IN THIS***)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Abi, even though it is a bit late over here...that was great! :eusa_clap: The pooh stain has been wiped clean. Thanks for the laugh, Bump

Bumpy - take a chill pill. No one has yet pee'd in your cornflakes here and you're getting all bent out of shape over nothing.

Am I the only person who finds the irony in a thread that was started to point out how nasty GSC has become and then when other posters try to lighten things up a little, the person who started the thread gets nasty?

GEEZ BUMPY....

Lighten up already... life is too short, man.

I'd have to be reincarnated as a marmot or something..

:biglaugh:

Nah... more like a Lemurs... or maybe a Meerkat...?

Edited by ChasUFarley