GreaseSpot Cafe

for this my bird was dead and is alive again ~ she was lost and is found

excathedra

ahhhhh how i love the internet !!!!!

i had posted all over when she first went away (and did flyers and newspaper ads, etc.)

and then i would always check through the months

a few weeks ago, i decided to post again with a really good picture of rascal my sister sent me from a family party we had here at the end of december / beginning of january

anyway, this other gal who is looking for her bird, saw my post, and then saw the post of the "found cockatiel"

she got in touch with me and hooked me up with the family who found rascal

thank you ! it is beyond amazing !!!!!

i told dot about all this recently when my hope / heart was in my throat

and then yesterday i told rascal (her namesake ;))

kit was not very happy with me back in january when i asked her to take it off the prayer thread. i felt like there were so many more important people / things to pray for !

--

i can't wait 'til bikerbabe sees this !!!! mwah

wow! hits close to home for us... we lost "flirty," also a cockatiel, when a friend was here at the house without us... he was loading his car and left the door open.... Flirt was used to having the run of the house... it was very sad to lose him, we looked and looked, I posted things, but we never did get him back. It's a joy that you did!! Thanks for sharing!

What a special special miracle.

How happy I am for you, your son, and your dear rascal. Thank you for sharing this with us....I was so discouraged at the seeming unanswered prayers....it just broke my heart.

I just feel like this such a special * I love you* from God. :)

I have been grinning all day about this one.

I`ll bet poor little rascal was thrilled to be home.

Please tell us about the reunion, about the home coming :)

Cleo and Elmo are celebrating when I told them your sweet baby is back home with you! I'm sure I don't need to tell you how fast tears formed in my eyes out of happiness when I read your post. I'd be lost without my 2 cockies and know how much it hurt you when you lost Rascal.

Praise God for the internet, bird lovers and her being found by good people that cared for you until you could be reunited. Give her a big hug and head scratch for me. :)

That made my day Exie .......So Cool

To quote another famous Kansan

TIN MAN - What have you learned, Dorothy?

Dorothy - Well, I -- I think that it -- that it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle

Henry and Auntie Em -- and it's that -- if I ever go looking for my heart's desire

again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I

never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?

Rascal clicks his heels and says ........"There's no place like home"

P.S. I hope he did not have a run in with the wicked witch of New York, Hillary although I wish he would have liquidated her and brought back her broomstick.

Edited by WhiteDove

Congratulations! That's good news. Amazing!

Our cat Donald disappeared only once in his eventful life. Our cul-de-sac was his turf and he maintained his territory fearlessly. Got some scratches, torn ear at one point and it was slow to heal, and after a couple trips to the vet we didn't know what else to do, it wasn't healing at all. Then one day he was gone, for two weeks. We looked everywhere, asked everyone. The neighbor kids who called him "MacDonald" looked all over for him and were sad - we thought we'd lost him. Then one day after work the third week I pulled in the driveway and there he was, by the steps, sitting up and healed, good as new. I was so excited! He was alive and okay! When I came up to him and scratched his head I looked him over and he looked at me like "don't get mushy on me now" and walked in with me and headed for his bowl, which we'd kept filled. We guessed he'd holed up somewhere and healed up but we couldn't imagine where. We were very happy to have him back!

Edited by socks

Hey you guys really encourage me. My cat Twinkle (no, not quite my namesake, Twinky with a y is a different cat) - anyway Twinkle has gone on holiday...

She never strays, very much a homebody, lets other cats roam through her territory, dislikes larger animals, likes to be with people and to sit and watch them, loves to hunt small rodents and birds, hunts in a wood next to the house, lies in the sun on the lawn, doesn't like being in houses (even "her" own), goes nowhere near any roads ... and has been missing since Wednesday evening.

Looking forward to sharing my own "happy return" storywith you...

Pleased for you, Exie. Always nice to have good news to share. Amazing story!

(edited coz I missed a word out)

Edited by Twinky

thank you everyone. i really appreciate it. yes pond, i remember !!! and everyone else....

and you're right, geo..... i always kept her clipped and this one time i let it go because i was having this big family holiday party, and was cleaning and preparing, dah dah dah.....

she did leave in the dead of winter, and since she doesn't talk, i have no idea where she spent january through august.

the reunion wasn't as magical as i wished

i'll try to sum up good stuff and not-so-good stuff

i put my finger right in the cage and said "step up." she immediately stepped up and went to my shoulder and kind of nuzzled my hair (she used to groom me all the time ha !!)

my son's voice has gotten so much deeper since she left and she didn't respond to him like she used to (he was hurt) and wondered if it was really her

as soon as we put her in her own cage, she did hang upside down like she used to

when she came home and we gave her one of her favorite treats (cheese doodles), she went for them like crazy !

but she also is afraid of the dogs and she never used to be

ummmm what else ?

there's a new bird here, bugaboo, and they don't know each other. any advice bikerbabe ?

they have separate cages but rascal is now trying to take over bugaboo's cage

rascal will sit on my shoulder but not ready to be pet like she always loved

the bird farm lady told me all this is normal

i do wonder how much memory they have. rascal was hand raised since a baby. she's still like herself but not.....

i'm know she's been through A LOT and has only been home for one day

---

i wrote the above a while ago.

since then, both birds have been sitting on me

bugaboo is more affectionate than EVER

rascal is pooping on me like she always did ! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

--

like i said, it's only been a day

it's great but kind of wearing......

--

now they are both sitting on the top of the same cage. that's good, eh ?