GreaseSpot Cafe

Becoming Jane

Cindy!

I fell in love with Jane in college and switched my concentration to British Literature.

When I found out about this movie, I got wayyy excited!!!!

Took my daughter Kat and her best friend Ashley to see this today, we are TOTAL fans of Jane!!!

We LOVED this movie...all three of us experienced the laughter, tears, delight in the literature, etc. ....and plan to purchase it.

We were thrilled when quotes from her books were used in dialogue throughout the movie (we kept nudging each other and smiling).

Apparently, we were also among other Jane fans who got the subtleties, as well.

This is a MUST HAVE for serious British Literature fans!!!!

Anyone else seen it???? What did you think???

I fell in love with Jane in college and switched my concentration to British Literature.

When I found out about this movie, I got wayyy excited!!!!

Took my daughter Kat and her best friend Ashley to see this today, we are TOTAL fans of Jane!!!

We LOVED this movie...all three of us experienced the laughter, tears, delight in the literature, etc. ....and plan to purchase it.

We were thrilled when quotes from her books were used in dialogue throughout the movie (we kept nudging each other and smiling).

Apparently, we were also among other Jane fans who got the subtleties, as well.

This is a MUST HAVE for serious British Literature fans!!!!

Anyone else seen it???? What did you think???

Hi Cindy! I love Jane Austen too!

I'm sorry to say that overall I wasn't that impressed with the movie.

There were some things that I did like about it, especially the quotes from her books and the similarities of some of the characters to those in her books.

I thought that the way Tom LeFroy was portrayed, that he seemed more like Wickham than Darcy and that Jane wouldn't have fallen for someone like him. I did like the casting for Tom, I think he fit Jane's description of a good-looking Irishman perfectly.

I also wasn't that taken in by the atmosphere of the movie, set, music, costumes, Anne Hathaway's portrayal.

But maybe I need to see it again. When I first saw Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly, I didn't like it (but I always loved the soundtrack). However, I've seen it several times now and it's growing on me. Did you see P&P, what did you think of it?