GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Christ Jesus!

RainbowsGirl

(((((rainbow)))))

I just don't think that the actuall date of his birthday matters.

I'm glad you like to study those things. But no one can prove what date it actually was. Why would God put any importance on something that is so five senses any way? The point is Jesus WAS born, not WHAT DAY he was born. Just my opinion.

And as tragic as the 9-11 events were, and as much as it affected me, you, our country, and the world. I still do not think it's the worst tradgedy to ever hit human kind.

(((((Nandon)))))),

I see your point; and yet all sides of this point!

Tragedy no matter when it hits or whom it hits, is devastating!

There is no one that I know of or have heard of, who has not been affected by tragedy!

The Pain it causes hurts; and inflicted pain hurts even more than an accidentally caused pain! Whether the tragedies may be large or small; it doesn't change the amount of pain that any individual is left to carry! What truly affects the pain is when someone loves us enough to help us carry it or lift it off of us!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((((((((((Dear Wrdsandwrks)))))))))))))))),

That would really seem strange indeed! Traditions are not bad things essentially ...Tts 1:15 Unto the pure all things [are] pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving [is] nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled!

I love to see the holiday lights and decorations. The mood of giving out of love and simply generosity is beautiful to behold! It doesn't have to be at all about money and obligation; I still believe that the best gifts are priceless or free!

I Love You Wrdsandwrks, RainbowsGirl

Just saw this one today, Back at you with the love, (((((((((RainbowsGirl))))))))))

I love Christmas too. Seems like it gets pushed back earlier every year.

One of the best days of my life was my son's first Christmas. Watching him open presents was so special, even though he seemed to like the boxes better than the actual toys he got. That was fifteen years ago but still a very special memory.

I read somewhere recently that Sept. 11 was significant to the Muslims because it was the date of a significant defeat of the Muslims back in the early days. (I'll have to look it up to remember the exact event.) I'm sure it was a spiritually significant day and connecting it to Rosh Hashanah and the birth of Jesus is very perceptive.

Just saw this one today, Back at you with the love, (((((((((RainbowsGirl))))))))))

I love Christmas too. Seems like it gets pushed back earlier every year.

One of the best days of my life was my son's first Christmas. Watching him open presents was so special, even though he seemed to like the boxes better than the actual toys he got. That was fifteen years ago but still a very special memory.

I read somewhere recently that Sept. 11 was significant to the Muslims because it was the date of a significant defeat of the Muslims back in the early days. (I'll have to look it up to remember the exact event.) I'm sure it was a spiritually significant day and connecting it to Rosh Hashanah and the birth of Jesus is very perceptive.

All I can say Dear ((((((((Wrdsandworks)))))))) is that I think that you are an amazing person with an extra-ordinary heart that is beautiful to behold. A wonderfully intelligent and insightful person! I enjoy reading all your posts....even the one you recently deleted...it was okay to say it as you did...it would have cause no one harm...even yourself!

Please don't think that I am being flowery or over the top or looking to garner anything from you or anyone else....saying this! I do mean it and I like to tell every one where I stand and how I feel while they are alive and can hear it!

Mister-P-Mosh,

I don't know You very well so I hope that it is alright to ask you this?: Do You not believe there is a spiritual Realm with GOD and His Angels and the devil and his fallen angels or that any aspects of 911 were spiritual in nature or orchestration? If you wish to please explain why as well?

It is ok to ask, and I do not believe in any of the stuff you mentioned that I quoted above. The reason why is because I see no reason to believe in any of it. Over time, I started questioning things and decided that there's no proof of any of it, and that there should be evidence if it were true.

• 11 months later...

Happy Birthday Jesus Christ!!!

Whether or not today is the exact date of your Birth or the 29th or some other nearby date we are not too

sure. May We All do at least one thing today that makes You smile!!!

We are not to sure about all too many things any more. As You know!!! We have been a little confused,

hoodwinked for too many years of our lives. There is so much that we don't understand; Yet, me, myself, I am

still and will always be thankful to You and GOD for allowing me to through those very difficult and hurtful years

in TWI to study Your Word and become saved/born-again. Thank You for healing our Hearts, minds, bodies and

souls! Thank You for directing our way and illuminating our understanding!

Thanks for being our defense attorney and loving us even when we are not always very thankful or

lovable! More than ever we need You defending us now. Seems like the seeing through a glass darkly is even

dimmer now a days.

Thank You for studying GOD's Words and knowing it perfectly as to be it's living example to us!

Thank You for taking our places and suffering and dying for our sins, so that we may live in eternity with You

and GOD! Which I hope will be soon! You are totally Innocent. Innocence is so fleeting for us.

Everything about Your and GOD's Love is so beyond our abilities to truly understand. Psa 8:4 What is man, that

thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thank You for this love and care and

watching over that You bestow on us every moment of our lives.

Thank You for Your Loving kindnesses to us GOD and Your forgiveness of this time we are living in and

searching in. I know that we never really lost You...but are searching for clarity. I know that You never lost us!

Help us all to find You again according to Your will and not our own!

In Bullinger's Companion bible, appendix 170, he claims Jesus' birth to be September 29, which Catholicism, Episcopalian, and Lutheran celebrate as St. Michael's and All Angels, putting it in 4BC and close to the celebration of the creation of the Universe around October 1st.

I think it was Ernest L. Martin who was one of the bible scholars that used astronomy and astronomical signs to determine that the birth date of Jesus Christ may have been Sept. 11, 3 B.C.E.

http://www.askelm.com/star/star006.htm

It was indeed Ernest Martin; his book, The Birth of Christ Recalculated, is mentioned as one of the sources in the bibliography of Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed, though most Way and Ex-Way people wouldn't recognize his name. He has since expanded his writing, in the book The Star That Astonished the World. Here is a link to a page where you can read the book on line, which also has audio interviews and an interactive video by the Griffith Observatory:

http://www.askelm.com/star/index.asp

Edited by Mark Clarke

The one thing that I could never figure out with all the stars, and planets in conjunction and all that crap, was a very simple, pracitcal sort of thing.

How the hell could one tell if a star was hovering over a particular house? I mean, unless said star was incredibly small and at an impossible and devastatingly low altitude? This point always baffled me, and caused me no end of torment, trying to make mythology line up with real life.

Say, when's Hercules' birthday, anyway? I haven't sent him a card in an awful long time...

Ernest Martin explains it (except for the Hercules part!) in The Star That Astonished the World, which you can read on line. The chapter that discusses this point is here:

http://www.askelm.com/star/star004.htm

It was indeed Ernest Martin; his book, The Birth of Christ Recalculated, is mentioned as one of the sources in the bibliography of Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed, though most Way and Ex-Way people wouldn't recognize his name. He has since expanded his writing, in the book The Star That Astonished the World. Here is a link to a page where you can read the book on line, which also has audio interviews and an interactive video by the Griffith Observatory:

http://www.askelm.com/star/index.asp

Thanks