GreaseSpot Cafe

FORGIVENESS

DontWorryBeHappy

I'm sure they feel WE are the ones that need to ask THEM for forgiveness.

Sure they do!

Can you imagine if even half the Cafe members turned up en masse to seek forgiveness?

Can you imagine Forgiving Father Rosie welcoming us with open arms? Any of 'em?

:confused::confused::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!!!...................i just watched marion jones.....olympic athlete extraordinaire from the 2000 summer games........apologize to ALL of US who rooted for her...... because she used performance enhancing steroids during and prior to her medal winning performances in those games...............gutwrenching to say the least!!!!.......but, you know what??...............i forgave her immediately because her "confession" was truly and honestly heartfelt, for all to see....... and it motivated me to grant her request for forgiveness "on the spot".............even though i did'nt feel she hurt me personally!........i forgave her!!.............and, not only that........i am again "rooting" for her as she now faces the legal and personal consequences of her "sins"................truly a courageous woman!!..........more than can be said for the sorry list of "christian leaders" i have listed previously on this thread!!!...............YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!.................and,.... YOU ALL STILL OWE US AN APOLOGY!!!!!..........................................................PEACE!

i have long thought that christians who seek to do the things our lord did and carry on in his teachings have a distinct responsibility to bear the good fruit of god's holy seed in us......after all it is holy spirit.........but our responsibility is not just to cultivate and share this fruit amongst ourselves.....we must share it with the world as christ did......it is not just a "household" chore but a calling to serve the world the bread of life.........imo...........christianity has been arrogantly selective regarding it's choices of whom to help by limitting the "pool of the needy" to mostly fellow believers......prioritizing doctrine, theology and denominational fractionism over simply trying to do the things christ did REGARDLESS OF THE VENUE........our greatest witness is not in what we know or say, but, rather in what we do for, to and with our fewllow humans.......yet, a vast number of christrians spend more time condemning, judging and bashing each other than they do bearing and sharing the fruit of that precious seed which cost jesus christ his life at calvary.....god's gift to us makes us the most capable people in the world at helping others, yet, we let the tares of hatred, mammon, prejudice, rascism and intolerance choke that "good seed" from bearing it's fruit!.....it's not our job to prove to the world that we're "right"........it's our "job" to to demonstrate to the world that christ lives by reaching out to a mankind starving for love, validation and meaningfulness.

And NO!!......i'm not talking about "word over the world"....but, rather..."word living in the midst of the world"!........i don't care if mother theresa was a doubting roman catholic nun......neither did those dying in the streets of callcutta.......she displayed god's seed in her, she did'nt debate it with people........i don't care what she believed or did'nt believe!!.......i saw the living christ in what she DID!..........i truly agree that many christians have taken "the bullets"........but so have many non-christians........there sholuld be enough fruit to go around once all the shouting stops!!!

Don't Worry Be Happy,

That's really something. It was people like you who gave the Way credibility, and they deservedly lost more and more credibility when in the years following your departure (did you say in 86?) people with a working moral compass left, one by one, and in droves.

I'm so glad you went back to school, moved on to a job you enjoy, and are living "the good life" (meaning a life of good) in the measure that God has given you grace to see. I hope that there are 1000s of old grads and such that have likewise recovered themselves from the snare of the devil and are living decent and fruitful lives today. I'm still tryin'. Thanks for the encouragement!