GreaseSpot Cafe

Peter Wade Travels to the United States

Mark Sanguinetti

One of my favorite persons is coming to the United States from his homeland of Australia. If you don't know Peter Wade you are missing something. This man has a heart of gold. He is very warm hearted and very kind. He is a pretty good bible teacher too. Actually Peter is a rare person for a Christian minister as he is not one dimensional in the least and has a variety of skills including good writing skills and similar to our Grease Spot Cafe's Pawtucket has some very good web site technology knowledge and skills also.

If you are close to any of the below listed teaching locations I think you would really enjoy spending some time with Peter and his wife Vivian during their U.S. tour. They are both beautiful people. Teaching and fellowship locations with dates are as follows:

Charleston, West Virginia (Sept. 20-23)

Petaluma, California (Sept. 25)

Bothel, Washington (Sept. 27, 29)

Grants Pass, Oregon (Oct. 2)

Portland, Oregon (Oct. 5-7)

For more details click on the link below from Peter's web site. I hope some of you can make one of the fellowship nights. I will be at the Petaluma, California evening fellowship on Sept. 25th. And I look forward to spending time with my good friend from Australia, Peter Wade.

http://www.peterwade.com/modules.php?name=Seminars

I just noticed that the information for the Petaluma, CA fellowship night is incomplete on Peter's site. The information for the other Peter Wade teaching locations has complete information on his above linked site.

The Petaluma, CA fellowship will start at 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday night Sept. 25th. The location will be the Sonoma Mountain Parkway Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma, CA 94954. Directions are as follows: From Highway 101 (north or south), take the East Washington Exit. Proceed east on East Washington Street and cross McDowell Blvd (major intersection). Turn left on Sonoma Mountain Parkway and proceed to 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway. I think the church will be on the right hand side of the street. Turn right at Castle Drive to enter the church parking lot. The teaching session will be held in the Fellowship Room. I understand that Steve Heefner wil be the MC.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Moving this to the top so that everyone knows about our friend Peter Wade coming to the United States. Incidentally, Peter was one of the first people to stand up to Wierwille and let him know his religious power hungry ways were wrong, wrong, wrong. And through the years Peter has always maintained his humility and warmth towards others. If you are near enough to one of the teaching/fellowship locations where he will visit I strongly recommend being a part of it and attending.

Thank you, Mark, for posting this.

I will not be anywhere near these locations so I will not be able to attend.

I remember, in my early TWI days, reading some of Rev. Wade's writings and feeling like I had gained a good deal of benefit from doing so.

It was both thoughtful and kind of you to bring this to the attention of GSC participants and readers.

I hope some who see your post are able to attend.

I highly doubt they will be disappointed.

Moving this to the top so that everyone knows about our friend Peter Wade coming to the United States. Incidentally, Peter was one of the first people to stand up to Wierwille and let him know his religious power hungry ways were wrong, wrong, wrong. And through the years Peter has always maintained his humility and warmth towards others. If you are near enough to one of the teaching/fellowship locations where he will visit I strongly recommend being a part of it and attending.

I never could recall dr.wierwilles power hungry ways????

I never could recall dr.wierwilles power hungry ways????

Hello, zarko.

I'll try to fill in a few blanks for you.

(I shall also sum up, so this isn't comprehensive, just the main points.)

Back when vpw was a minister with a congregation, he was always looking

for something bigger-he had ambition. What he DIDN'T have was something bigger-

talent to match his ambition.

That changed the first time in the early 1950s when-in the space of one year-

he got Stiles' book on the holy spirit, and Leonard's class on "Gifts of the Spirit."

By reteaching Leonard's class and claiming it was entirely his own,

and retyping Stiles' book and claiming it was entirely his own,

he began having success more along the lines of what he wanted.

It changed at second time in the late 60s when he travelled to the House of Acts-

a bunch of hippie Christians operating in the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco.

He succeeded in convincing a few of them that he had something special to offer

(true) that was unique to him (false-it was the work of others.)

It was once he had these Christians working for him that twi took off. vpw had been

trying for something since the early 50s, but he now had the right people under him

who could expand the organization. He sent them out to both coasts to grow the

ministry as much as possible, as Way East and Way West.

Once these were grown to a "self-propagating" point, vpw announced he was taking

over what were effectively THEIR ministries- the East and West- and all leadership

was to come directly from him, and all moneys collected were to go directly to

his hq in Ohio, with none of it staying locally.

Somewhere in there (early 70s), Peter Wade cut ties with vpw.

That was the time it was EASIEST to see vpw evidencing power-hunger.

We could get into an analysis of the way corps for further discussion along those

lines if you want.

Peter is certainly not out to form another cult following or to be a burden on God's people like the Way denomination was. He is very self reliant or reliant on God depending on how you look at it. My message here is mainly if you live close enough to attend a fellowship or teaching with Peter Wade you will likely enjoy it. Of course, there is no reason that I can think of to travel around the country just to go to one of his meetings. That means in looking at his remaining schedule if you are in Northern California, Oregon or Washington and close enough to get to a meeting I want to encourage you to attend. If you live in another state the journey is likely to far for you to be in attendance. In that case you can still be a part of it by simply praying for Peter and his journey and the experience of those in attendance.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Mark, it was a pleasure to meet you and introduce you to my wife! We had to skeetle out after a bit, but it was great to visit and talk. Steve and Sandy - wow. Great time. Curt - he and his wife gave us as a wedding gift, 36 years ago the day we got married, a small pottery wall hanging. It's hanging on the wall right now, just inside our front door under a little placque that says "Love is spoken here". (well, my wife speaks it anyway). We've been able to keep it in one piece in all our moves over the years and it was nice to thank him for it. Again.

Thanks for putting this up, it cracked me up to see Peter Wade's reaction when we told him afterwards. He is a truly gracious, present, and authentic Christian teacher and minister. He and Vivian were wonderful. Romans never sounded better.

I'd highly recommmend the trip if he's going to be near any of you all. Peter is a missing link in my own history with the Way, having met him way back when at the Way Nash, but having no contact after that. I remember him disctinctly but of course he wouldn't remember us. (in fact, I had him and Johnny T mixed up at first back then) Hearing him teach on Romans tonight was really interesting - in spots it "sounds" like VPW's teaching, here and there, but it's quite different in where he goes with it.

Thanks again! Go hear and meet Peter and Vivian Wade if you can!

Edited by socks

Thanks Socks. It was good to meet you and your wife also. And I have always admired you for your work ethic and abilities here on Grease Spot and I noticed your humility in person at the fellowship. That is a very good combination. I hope we can get together again in the near future. Saturday night we are going to have a little bible discussion and fellowship over at Peter Churchill's house. I hope you and your wife can make it. Just let me know if you need directions.

Regards,

Mark