GreaseSpot Cafe

oj simpson ?

excathedra

This doesn't need to be in the news. Let it die. Somehow I think he is going to make money off this.

I don't know if he killed those people but I do know that his name is a good way for me to change the chanel.

I'm with you! Why are people so interested in him or Paris Hilton or Brittney Spears or whoever the messed-up-celebrity-of-the-week is? Has our culture become that shallow?

I remember seeing a game he was in on TV. 1975 late in the football season. Minnesota vs Buffalo in Buffalo. Fresh snow had fallen. A lot of it. People were pelting Fran Tarkenton relentlessly with snowballs. OJ scored 2 touchdowns, one of which he caught a pass and was running down the left side of the field and 2 Minnesota defenders were closing in on him. He split them right in half and made it the rest of the way to the endzone. Awesome.

Then a few years later he was the host of SNL. He was in a skit where he was watching a NFL game and Walter Payton was about to equal one of his records so he goes to the kitchen and gets a voodoo doll with a Chicago Bears jersey #34 and sticks a pin throught it. Then you hear on the TV the announcer says Payton fumbles the ball awwww.

That's how I'm going to remember him. Giving place to the devil? Who cares?