GreaseSpot Cafe

Part of My Story: Guilty for 25 years

egilkent

Egilkent,

You've got to do better than that. Are you expecting folks to beg you for information or are you going to tell us what happened? It sounds slightly voyeuristic to me but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So... I'm not playing 20 questions. Tell us or not.

sudo

O.K., I'll start,

1.You STOLE three bibles and the guilt is finally getting to you (you sold them to support your "Little Kings" habit besides)

2. You spilled your familia on three bibles and didn't clean up (or apologize for) your mess

3. You brought 3 bibles to the ROA that WEREN'T King James Versions (gasp!).

Please let me apologize to any and all who began to read this thread. I typed for nearly half an hour, thinking I had editied the story and I lost the work. I will be more efficient in the future. There is little enough time to waste with half stories and I apologize to everyone of you who wasted time by reading the unfinished thread.

The story I wanted to share:

When I first took the PFAL class, (1979) I had an Oxford Annoted RSV bible my father gave me for Christmas in 1978. I used in in the PFAL class, along with a KJV bible I got from a used bookstore. I liked having access to both, to do what I thought was "re-search" and to check differences in translations.

The small Gideon KJV became my companion in many travels, more than 50,000 miles of hitching across the country had endeared it to me.

In Mississippi my branch co-ordinator asked me to accompany a new person on hitching trip to Texas, to get his car. We made the trip safely and I left that particular with the young man who I traveled with. He skipped town and in speaking to his landlord, I was told I could have it back if I promised I would help find my traveling companion and ask him to pay his rent.

When i explained that I had no idea where he was, or how to find him, I was denied my old KJV.

That year, at the ROA I ran into one of the young men I had taken PFAL with in the Midwest. We prayed together and talked at great length.

The next day, he gave me the Bible I now use, a very nice black leather Cambridge. It is this gift that had caused me some guilt over the years. It is what he wrote in the cover that still touches me:

"...So brother, no matter what happens in the future, know that with the Word, I stand and fight for you, come hell or high water! For what needs are on my brother's heart are also on my heart. SO HAVE A HOT WOW YEAR!'

Much love in Christ-

C....L....

What we did pray about and discuss at length was his desire NOT to go into the Way Corps... I, before my WOW year had started, had encouraged him to follow what was on his heart to do with his life, and not to be pressured into giving up a successful family business and a loving family relationship to go into the Corps.

Until reading many of the of the posts here at Greasespot, I had always questioned if i had done the right thing...

I now have reason to believe that he made a better choice for his life my not entering the Corps.

Sincerely- Egilkent

It's all about the more redundant life.

Welcome to Grease Spot, EgilKent - thanks for sharing that story - I think he did make the right choice too.

Edited by T-Bone

Until reading many of the of the posts here at Greasespot, I had always questioned if i had done the right thing...

I now have reason to believe that he made a better choice for his life my not entering the Corps.

Bless you my son :who_me: ... consider yourself absolved.

You saved a lotta heartache there.

Nothing to feel guilty about then or now. Even though you felt it so.

So, let me get this straight.... You did not kill anyone?

:biglaugh:

You agreed with a guy to NOT go in the corps. Wow, you must be a really nice person.

This guy not going in the corps may have changed his life for the better, I know if I never went, my life would be far better. I would have moved forward with my interests and be far better off today.

I think you can feel joy now! Sounds like, you did not know it, but you did the right thing!!!

(((E)))

Socks

Funny stuff! You are a card!

The rest of you as well...