GreaseSpot Cafe

ROA '72 video

penworks

I'd like to get a copy of the ROA '72 video. If anyone has one and wants to part with it or make a copy of it to send me, let me know. I'm willing to negotiate a price.

They were available in the bookstore in VHS later on and also in Beta at first Also on the same tape was Changed ,and Bud Morgans The abundant life. Retail price in the bookstore $30.00 item order # 4203 I bet I have a BETA tape somewhere. They pop up on ebay sometimes. You might check with the Belieze Fellowship they used to have it on DVD I think.

Edited by WhiteDove

I wonder if that DVD would have all the stuff they cut from the original film when they shrank it down for the tape? I was in some of the opening scenes of the film, but they cut me from the tape. grrrr. maybe I should have taken that as a sign and cut from them at that time!

~HAP

They were available in the bookstore in VHS later on and also in Beta at first Also on the same tape was Changed ,and Bud Morgans The abundant life. Retail price in the bookstore $30.00 item order # 4203 I bet I have a BETA tape somewhere. They pop up on ebay sometimes. You might check with the Belieze Fellowship they used to have it on DVD I think.

BETA TAPES! ! !

Now that was cutting edge!! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I bet you could find a beta player in Russia somewhere! I remember when VHS was offered in the video store around the corner from me and I went in and asked for Beta movies. The clerk would smile and suggest I invest in a VHS machine. Later, I asked a BC why TWI went with Beta and his answer was lame. Something about the quality was so much better than VHS and that someone had been inspired (revelation) to think it was the wave of the future.

OOOPPS! ! ! !

anotherDan, before you sell it on ebay, maybe you could let everyone know that you can copy their beta tapes to VHS or DVD and then when you have made some money, sell it.

I for one have the Music Challenge and AOS!!! heehee.. on beta. I have a beta machine but I tried to watch a couple of movies that I had taped on them and it ate the tapes, so I tried to fix it but could not. I really would like to get the Music Challenge on VHS or DVD before I sell it on ebay.

Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your input on this. Wish me luck.

penworks

I have the ROA 72 tape... and I have a Beta machine!! Can I copy this to DVD or VHS?

Janet

If you have the right adapters,

and a VHS machine and a DVR (DVD recording device),

you can copy to DVD from VHS.

Presumably, the same thing applies here. The catch is probably finding the adapters.

Then again, for all I know, they may be easy to find.

Here's a pic of my slightly used Beta machine. Anyone interested in buying it? Honest, before the fire it worked great, I haven't tried it after, but you can see how pretty it still is.

The Beta is the machine on top, the VCR is the one underneath it. LOL. Personally I thought the TV looked real nice after it imploded too. *sigh* 4/16/93 is when it happened. We had replacement cost insurance thank God. We did get a new VCR, but didn't bother to replace the Beta. All the tapes we had melted for both machines. so it just wasn't worth getting another one of each.

The pic was taken with a polaroid, so that's why it's not the best quality. Sorry it's so big, didn't want to risk making it worse by taking it off the web, resizing it and putting it back up. I did my best to try to make it look better in Paint Shop Pro and put it up there at the size it was, but given the age and film type added to that ... it would take a miracle to make it perfect. LOL. It looks pretty good on my monitor, but since they all vary, I have no idea what it will look like on any of yours. I hope it turns out ok. I do still have the original picture and now that we have a new printer/scanner, I will probably dig out my pics one day and rescan them to try to get a better take of it and the other 3 I took of various areas of the house. The equipment of today is so much better than when I originally scanned this in 1995 or 6. I'm also a lot more talented in a graphics proggie too these days. :)

firetv2.jpg

CHARLENE, I HAVE ALL THREE VIDS ON DVD, R OF A 72, THE ABUNDANT LIFE, AND CHANGEDL, CONTACT ME AT allegro11@cox.net, my phone is 757-880-6036

love howie

anotherDan, before you sell it on ebay, maybe you could let everyone know that you can copy their beta tapes to VHS or DVD and then when you have made some money, sell it.

I for one have the Music Challenge and AOS!!! heehee.. on beta. I have a beta machine but I tried to watch a couple of movies that I had taped on them and it ate the tapes, so I tried to fix it but could not. I really would like to get the Music Challenge on VHS or DVD before I sell it on ebay.

Just a thought.

I do this work, goto musicrescue-va.com, and contact me, howie y.

• 3 weeks later...
CHARLENE, I HAVE ALL THREE VIDS ON DVD, R OF A 72, THE ABUNDANT LIFE, AND CHANGEDL, CONTACT ME AT allegro11@cox.net, my phone is 757-880-6036

love howie

I do this work, goto musicrescue-va.com, and contact me, howie y.

Howie,

Please check your email for an important message.

Thanks!

Edited by penworks