GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

What: The Texas BBQ Extravaganza

When:November 4th and 5th 2007

Where:Ex10's House

The Woodlands, Texas (Near Houston)

Who: You! We want this to be a PARTY!

How: Train, plane, automobile, dog-sled (for Jonny), WOWmobile, go cart.....

Basically any way you can come, you'll be welcomed with open arms and a warm bowl of soup.

Dancing is optional, but much appreciated.:)

Edited by doojable

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(the Clampett's lived in the Hills of Beverly dooj! not Texas...)

If you folks want to see some dancing (and some sitting around drinking beer and food look in the Gallery (up at the top on the right) and click on the pics from last year's BBQ...

Hey! I was doing good to say "Y'all"!!!

I coulda' said, "We're havin' a pawty. Youse guys are invited."

(The woman dancing in red with a blue skirt - is an imposter...)

ya know... ANYONE CAN COME TO THIS... and all you have to bring is your appetite (oh, you can bring some stuff to eat or drink if you want to) and a desire to hang out and put some faces with names and have a nice, laid back time... just ask anyone who was there last year... it true (I wouldn't lie to you)...

The motto last year seemed to be "minimal planning, let it flow" and it worked out wonderfully...

One of the highlights of last year was sitting out back on the deck and watching the hot tub overflow... it was a great weekend...

Actually, We DO need folks who are coming to the BBQ to PM Ex10 so that we have a good idea of how much food we'll need.

I'm estimating about 20-30 folks so far... but I need a final number.

Remember,

You don't have to live in Texas to attend.

You don't have to like Texas to attend.

You don't have to speak Texan to attend, y'all. ;)

Cowboy boots are optional... :)

Dancing is appreciated, but not required.

Really, if you love good food and good people, and good weather come on down!

A quick lesson in Texan:

Stretch out words to incorporate as many syllables as possible

Hair = hay-er

School = skew-wel

Mix up your "e" and "i" sounds

Pen = Pin - hence the need to say, "Wri -itin' pin" or "ink pin."

It's not "soda" or "pop" it's Coke

No matter what you want to drink, if it's fizzy it's a Coke.

Okay. Repeat after me:

"Hey Y'all, I'm gonna be getting out of Bewty Skew-wel early today. I'm learning how to fix hay-er up real purty. If anyone has an ink pin, I'll write down my phone number and you can call me later so we can go get a Coke sometime."

Thankew! ;)

Edited by doojable

Still thinking about this, Ex10 invited me. Sounded so much fun last year. :)

An ink pin (pen)? As opposed to a what? A writing in blood pen?

(Always thought that was a funny expression. Maybe Texans should learn to say "pen". Oops, there goes my invitation...)

Oak, I would love to meet you and your beloved if you feel inspired to take a road trip! This year will be especially fun, as we will have so new faces, yet old friends here. Mr. and I are excited about having everyone, and hopefully the weather will cooperate, and all guests from the frozen northern regions can enjoy warmer temperatures.

And of course, the BBQ will be delicious, as will the Shiner Bock. :beer: Tonto has been dubbed wine goddess, for those who prefer a more genteel beverage.

And George, I need some new (blond) jokes. :B)

Someone suggested we have a web cam, but that's probably Paw or Tom Strange's department, and frankly, that thought scares me. :spy: But at the very least, we can post pics. Volunteers?

And Twinky, if you can come, you will get the prize for traveling the furthest to be here. :)

Edited by ex10

Hey Ex10, would you and hubs please keep an eye on Tom. Last year he substituted pet food in one of the snack bowls....which really tasted okay....It was just that I wound up having to share my cheesecake with your dog. :biglaugh:

(the Clampett's lived in the Hills of Beverly dooj! not Texas...)

If you folks want to see some dancing (and some sitting around drinking beer and food look in the Gallery (up at the top on the right) and click on the pics from last year's BBQ...

Looks like it was :dance: fun... but I wish there were more names with the pics...

Were there some folks there that you think you recognize?

That wasn't the problem... I was hoping to get screen names with faces, that's all. So, I'd have a better idea who I was reading here from time to time.

I did figure that YOU are the dancing fiend with the red (sweater?) and blue ballarina thing over your jeans... is that correct?

I do recognize Tom Strange and Pawtucket. Pawtucket from other pics, but I knew Tom Strange back in the day.

Maybe you'll join us this year and meet us in person!

George

Thanks George, but I really don't like the idea of being on an airliner these days and it would take too long for me to drive to Houston.