GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

...did you know that white rum is not aged at all?

I didn't... but wouldn't doubt it... I've never really liked the taste of any rum but Meyer's... I can tolerate Capt Morgan's, but I can drink Meyer's all night (day?) long...

(but for some reason it tastes better with Pepsi, not Coke)

Well thank you lovely lady with the beautiful hair. :)

And yeah, I've spent enough years not going to things around here so I decided no matter what I'm going next year. :dance:

Then we'll just have to have another one!

Are you gonna let us pull your string?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even as we speak, factory employees are working overtime in preparation for next year's GSC Texas BBQ

Okay...that's for Eyes Open, Tom Strange, Chatty Kathy...and here's a Twinkie for Twinky...tee hee

post-1636-1195158778_thumb.jpg

Even as we speak, factory employees are working overtime in preparation for next year's GSC Texas BBQ

Okay...that's for Eyes Open, Tom Strange, Chatty Kathy...and here's a Twinkie for Twinky...tee hee

post-1636-1195158778_thumb.jpg

I don't know if I've ever had a Twinkie before. Do they have a cream filling? I use to like moon pies as a kid though.

QUOTE(waterbuffalo @ Nov 15 2007, 05:30 PM)

So, does this mean it's over?

Ah, one of the many beauties of an extraordinary weekend like the BBQ, it's never really over. It's the beginning of many sweet friendships and the rekindling of friendships with those we haven't seen for quite awhile. The joy of that weekend is still fresh in my thoughts and heart, and will be for a long time, I think. Our next gathering will just be more icing on a cake that is already delicious!

Suda (edited for clarity)

Edited by Suda

Ah gee....I am going to have to read a book.

But right now CSI is coming on and they said Sara was leaving....I hope that is a wrong rumor.

:wave:

Tirimisu is a DESSERT. A very RICH dessert.

And Sara Sidle IS leaving CSI... but NOT being killed off... so, it will be easier for her to return if she and the producers want her to. Jorja Fox has other professional (acting and other tv/film related) projects she wants to do, according to what I read a few weeks ago.

I don't know if I've ever had a Twinkie before. Do they have a cream filling? I use to like moon pies as a kid though.

Yup - they're cream filled

twinkies.jpg

and go great with Yoo Hoo chocolate drink...Moon Pies are good too - but go better with milk.

Rocky,

I hate to see her leave though. And she was the hardest character I had to get use to in the first place. But she looks pregnant to me, did you notice that?

T-Bone,

I'm weird when it comes to sweets (well I'm weird other than that also but that's beside the point). What I enjoy that is sweet is peanut butter mixed with banana on a raisin bagel.

Belle,

There was a time here in the south when RC was way more popular than Coke or Pepsi. As I'm sure you already knew. And you couldn't even get those other two colas in a restaurant. :)

but that's not cake! (is it?) isn't that like flan or something?

Actually it is kind of like a cake...it was made this year with "Lady Fingers" but can be made with Pound Cake. :) See even a shark can learn if she hangs around other sharks that can cook! Gotta tell you I saw some of this in a bakery just yesterday and it didn't look a think like Dooj's so I left it be...I'm spoiled now! :)

Are we adding Moon Pies to the grocery list now as well?

Belle are you coming next year?

Yessum, the southern snack of choice. RC cola and a moon pie. Of course, it's pronounced as

"Are-Rah Ceeeee Coh-laaaaa ana Mooooooooon Piiiiii-ah".

Suda (still love Royal Crown Cola - can buy it here even in 2 liter bottles)