GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom --- South-East to Indiana --- then West to Texas. ;)

oh! going to see the folks? ...have a good time and tell them we all say "HI Y'ALL"!

could you swing a little further east and pick up Belle on your way?

she always seems to come up with some excuse (like money or time) as to why she won't visit with us!

If you're gonna be swinging through DFW on your way send me a PM and let me know what's up... you can crash here if needed...

I just checked the 10 day forecast for my house. It's going to be sunny, highs in the 70's to low 80's, going down to the 50's at night. (shiver) Definite perfect Fall BBQ weather for here. Yay!

So all you folks from colder parts of the world can bring your shorts if you like. ;)

Ex10, thanks for the forecast. Very helpful in planning what to toss in the ole suitcase.

Nika, there is a shuttle that goes from IAH to many of the motels in The Woodlands, think the fee is $20 per person. You might call your hotel to see if they are a scheduled stop. Also, can get a taxi, and the average 1 way fare is $35. With three people, a taxi might be more cost effective than a taxi.

Just thought I'd pass this information on in case it would be of any help to you and your fellow travelers.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Suda

I may not be coming.

Dad fainted, took a nasty tumble in the kitchen, and is hospitalized.

We have no idea how long he will be there.

My bro Evan is flying in from Texas tomorrow to be here too.

Mom is worn out, and I won't be leaving here anytime soon.

If I need to stay here past Thursday, I will not be there at the BBQ.

I'll log back on in a couple of days, and let you know.

David

Suda,

Thanks for the good information. I'd checked out a few other means of transportation, but hadn't considered a taxi because I'd thought that it was just too far to be cost effective. But $35 or $40 one way, twice, would be about 2/3 the cost of a rental car.

Computing . . .

sweetniKa... according to the Super Shuttle website a one way trip for three to zip 77450 would be $59 ($45+$7+$7). I don't know if that's your friend's zip or not but it is a zip for Katy. You might want to call a cab company in Houston and check as well, Super Shuttle is usually cheaper than a cab.

I checked the Advantage site (advantage.com) and you can get an economy car for $25.91/day or about $120 +taxes, etc (Thurs eve to Sun noon) Then you'd have some travel flexibility as well. There might be some cheaper ones. I checked Dollar (dollar.com) as well and they're about the same.

It looks like you've already checked though... but I'm thinking that since cabs are usually more expensive than super shuttle you might want to call them and check.

Our prayers are with you and your dad, DM. Sorry we won't get to meet you this time.

Belle, next time you buy a lottery ticket just ask the clerk for one with the winning numbers...that should solve the problem.

Well, I bought the wine and T-Bone's bringing the camera. Looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't met and seeing those of you I have, again.

Ex10, glad you got to see your number 2 daughter's play. We spent that weekend watching our daughter compete in the state Special Olympics swim competition (she got a gold medal in the 25 meter and has a new love interest, so she had a fine time).

Four more days!