GreaseSpot Cafe

New Site Promoting TWI

Oakspear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakspear - who is "the family tables guy?"

Notice how "About Us" says nothing about "us"?

"This website is dedicated to giving a fair-and-balanced, comprehensive overview of the publications, books, and beliefs of "The Way International"."

That's it.

Interesting how that says why there's a website, but leaves who "us" are a complete mystery.

Contact info:

a screen-name, and a yahoo email address.

(Plus a snail-mail address, which is interesting.)

I wonder if ALL their books-they-won't-sell will get the 5/6 stars rating.

And what the scale supposedly MEANS.

And what is a "comprehensive overview"? An extensive brief look?

Notice how "About Us" says nothing about "us"?

"This website is dedicated to giving a fair-and-balanced, comprehensive overview of the publications, books, and beliefs of "The Way International"."

That's it.

Interesting how that says why there's a website, but leaves who "us" are a complete mystery.

Contact info:

a screen-name, and a yahoo email address.

(Plus a snail-mail address, which is interesting.)

I wonder if ALL their books-they-won't-sell will get the 5/6 stars rating.

And what the scale supposedly MEANS.

And what is a "comprehensive overview"? An extensive brief look?

I noticed that, too. <_< I wonder what his definitions of "fair" and "balanced" are and how long he will be allowed to present those overviews if they are not presented in a pro-TWI light.

Thanks, Jim, I was wondering what whois would say who the real "about us" is.

Twill be interesting to see how this unfolds.

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.JPG

Fair and balanced???? :rolleyes: Here's my suggestion I sent in an email to them:

"Since "Jesus Christ Is Not God" is such a cornerstone of the beliefs of The Way International, don't you think it is deceptive to not mention it in your "fair and balanced" view of the organization?

You don't even mention it in your book list. It would only be honest to mention that to those looking at this "fair and balanced" look at The Way International."

No other site on the internet will have a more comprehensive and thorough overview of The Way International's publications, beliefs, and teachings.

TempImage50.jpg

In time, this site will give a fair and balanced presentation of every book, every pamphlet, and every article the Way Ministry has produced.

Translation: No other site on the internet will have a more chicken$h1t way of promoting TWI bull$h1t.

Edited by T-Bone

:eusa_clap: Good job, Notta! I'm interested in the response to your e-mail. He should be commended for having an e-mail address posted - not even TWI does that. :eusa_clap:

None of the links to the pictures of the books work - they are links to eBay auctions, so I wonder if he's with the Belize group that sells TWI books, or if he just hotlinked to it like he did the "TWI music" clips.

Did anyone else see the "When you Believe, You Will Receive" clip? 10_2_10.gif

Just when you think the clothing couldn't get any worse!

gallery_452_63_14719.jpg

gallery_452_63_10927.jpg

Information about the biblical research ministry, "The Way International". This site will endeavor to answer every reasonable question about this group and give a comprehensive overview of its books, publications, and beliefs.

I wonder what "reasonable" means..

When you click the link to "contact us" the email address is the same as for a guy who posts pics from the Family Tables website on another site that I frequent.

Family Tables is a site run by an "innie" that was visited by several of us a few years ago. When we started asking pointed questions the rules were changed to require that only active TWI members be allowed to post.

Oh my gosh!!! Look at the age of those choir folks!!! Just confirms the lack of new blood pouring in...

Yes, they have become my Grandma's church...

Good Grief!! The Lawrence Welk Show meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest! ... with a good measure of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon thrown in for good measure! :confused::confused:

Notawayfer, the JCNG book was listed among the books by the time I went to the site.

I found it interesting to read the doctrinal positions, which did set forth some of the most significant ways the Way differs from traditional Christianity, but they did leave the JCNG position out of the "Subjects Handled by the Way." And that is a biggie. Maybe "in time" it'll show up, like when they get to the book review. At first I suspected "Mike," but I doubt if he'd be defending LCM's work, which this site apparently will.

To my eye, the fashion choices are beyond Central Ohio. They set the cosmos ajar. But I'd feel less awkward wearing one of those silly ties than to "wear" some of the doctrines they are promoting.

M*ke Mart*n's song gave me the creeps. TWI 2, an extension of TWI 1. Would have been a fitting closing song for Athlete's Foot of the Spirit.

Edited by anotherDan

The contact info says St@nl&y G00dsp##d in Indianapolis. I don't know if he was partners, or not, but the Family Tables guy is J0hn Br0wn from St. Pete, Florida.

I know, because I used to help ''moderate'' the Family Tables.

Those choir outfits are unbelievably ugly and look equally bad on everyone. The last time I went to church the grandmas were dressed much more attractively than that!

You know it is a cult when so many people are forced to dress ridiculously, and they aren't in a comedy skit.