GreaseSpot Cafe

New Site Promoting TWI

Oakspear

I'm usually pretty much willing to cut some slack on appearance related matters such as " too fat, too skinny, last year's hairstyles" and so on.

I try to see past that and focus on the message.

What bugs me , though, is that (IMO) having the men wear these neck scarves, that have been out of style for 35+ years is clearly a blatant attempt to evoke a nostalgic response in people from the "Good Old Days".

You younger folks are probably shaking your heads and thinking, "What the heck does that mean?"

Well, you see, "Dr." Wierwille was quite fond of wearing these neck scarves (Usually with a Western cut shirt)

So, seeing people wear them again is kind of like a "flashback" of sorts.

I don't so much mind that they look ridiculously dated, what bothers me is having someone try to bait me with memories of something from the past .

Then again, anyone who has read my early posts, especially in "my story", knows that an image of Wierwille wearing a neck scarf is not likely to induce any warm fuzzy memories for me, personally.

----------------------------

NY Unknown

If you could, in fact, make chicken salad out of chicken $p!t, that would make one heck of a BIG sandwich!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Oakspeare!.......thanks for the link!....i think.......LOL!

I guess rosie's relying heavily on her "high country caravan" experience for 'guidance" for the present truth version of way productions!!!.........what mindless, talentless dribble!!!...........whoever is in charge of "producing" these pathetic productions has to be a grad of the helen keller school of fashion design and communications!!..........do they even know what they put on their own site???........if that's "god's word in culture" it must be the culture of the bizarro world!!!...........obviously, they have no shame!!.......what a shame!!............LOL!...................peace.

Those choir outfits are unbelievably ugly and look equally bad on everyone. The last time I went to church the grandmas were dressed much more attractively than that!

You know it is a cult when so many people are forced to dress ridiculously, and they aren't in a comedy skit.

Bramble

LOL

:biglaugh:

Aside from the obvious references to National Treasure, I'm interested to find out if he may reveal the true meaning of Freemason symbolism and the how they built the pyramids. Because I'm sure that would be a much easier task to take on.

Seth

Edited by Seth R.

Hilarious - anyone notice that the name on the snail mail addy was Stanley Goodspeed? Wasn't that the name of Nicholas Cage's character from the movie "The Rock?" And appropriately, Sean Connery's line from that movie, Goodspeed, Godspeed, Godspell, you just better hope you don't get us all killed.....

Hilarious - anyone notice that the name on the snail mail addy was Stanley Goodspeed?

No, my first question was whether anyone told them how to properly measure where their waist was.... So many of those skirts look like they were placed at extremely improperly high places.... Like old men who put their pants waists at some imaginary spot between their nipples.....

And who got the bright idea that jewel tones, wrinkles and BROWN go together?????? That poor lady on the back row has a head three times the size of her body, if you watch the whole video ---- that's NOT normal!! The poor woman. I really feel for her!

And who got the bright idea that jewel tones, wrinkles and BROWN go together?????? That poor lady on the back row has a head three times the size of her body, if you watch the whole video ---- that's NOT normal!! The poor woman. I really feel for her!

Big hair - somehow seems appropriate for this "New TWI" ;)

Oh GAWD,

Can you imagine the poor, pathetic S.O.B., who has a "Public Ex" and has that video to show the "new" people?

HA HA HA ha ha ha ha....

Really though, just LOOK at the colors and the cut and "style" (if you can call it that) of the outfits. Could any SANE person come up with that combination? It's really mind boggling how over-the-top awful it all is. The men look like overaged refugees from a H.S. production of "H.M.S. Pinafore". And the poor women! Cheezus Kriste! The one poor lady looks like that gawdawful brown skirt is swallowing her whole! And why the hell don't their blouses even match? Did they really think that was a good look, or were they being faithful stewards of God's money and buying their outfits at the Value Village?

At any rate, it stands as stark, irrefutable testimony that anyone left within the confines of WayWorld is a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal. Lordy, it's beyond pathetic, WAAAAAYYY beyond...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Edited by George Aar

I'm usually pretty much willing to cut some slack on appearance related matters such as " too fat, too skinny, last year's hairstyles" and so on.

I try to see past that and focus on the message.

What bugs me , though, is that (IMO) having the men wear these neck scarves, that have been out of style for 35+ years is clearly a blatant attempt to evoke a nostalgic response in people from the "Good Old Days".

You younger folks are probably shaking your heads and thinking, "What the heck does that mean?"

Well, you see, "Dr." Wierwille was quite fond of wearing these neck scarves (Usually with a Western cut shirt)

So, seeing people wear them again is kind of like a "flashback" of sorts.

I don't so much mind that they look ridiculously dated, what bothers me is having someone try to bait me with memories of something from the past .

Then again, anyone who has read my early posts, especially in "my story", knows that an image of Wierwille wearing a neck scarf is not likely to induce any warm fuzzy memories for me, personally.

Now that you mentioned it,

vpw wore one of those ugly things for the CFS class.

For the first several minutes, I couldn't hear him over such a loud outfit.

Every other class, there was a suit and tie on the teacher, but this one,

his idea of casual-wear.

I was told it was because he wanted people to relax for that class.

However, it was a significant distraction for me.

Well everyone

My husband and I just took a drive to check out this guy. We went to the 4120 Balboa Dr. place that he has on his site.

The house is abandoned and looks like it has been that way for quite some time. The windows are broken and the place is falling apart. Funny, somehow I am not surprised.

Have a great day everyone

Hilarious - anyone notice that the name on the snail mail addy was Stanley Goodspeed? Wasn't that the name of Nicholas Cage's character from the movie "The Rock?" And appropriately, Sean Connery's line from that movie, Goodspeed, Godspeed, Godspell, you just better hope you don't get us all killed.....

Somehow it all fits...Stanley Goodspeed, the funny clothes, the hysterical "musical productions" that twi now puts on...they have become a parody of themselves...

...Step this way folks, see what's left of this once, up and coming, cult...thousands of bright and talented people have left and their ranks now consist of the brown nosers, feeble minded, and those who are too full of fear to do anything else.

The cult itself, has long lost it's fire...it now exists primarily to maintain the life styles of those who control the flow of money. They produce a facade of religious activities to maintain their IRS status...and to maintain their lifestyles...they are still living off the massive revenues of the 70's and 80's...and their investments.

This bunch is pathetic beyond imagination...It's like reading a Dean Koonze book.

They may be "filthy rich".. but hardly the "beautiful people"..

hmm. Not even filthy rich.. maybe just.. filthy..

Even with a million dollars, I've never seen a wart improve itself to the extent it won the Miss America contest..

On the front page:

4120 Balboa Dr.

Indianapolis, IN 46226

benjamin_gates...

But you click on the "Contact us" button:

Stanley Goodspeed

4120 Balboa Dr.

Indianapolis, IN 46226

stanleygoodspeed.....

So much for attention to detail... <_<

OK. I just looked at the video clip and that website. Now my day is all screwed up. I wanna hurl (projectile of course). Thanks alot. There should be a disclaimer at the beginning of this thread that reads something like "Don't read this thread in the morning unless you wanna have a really sheety day.

Now excuse me while I throw on my pink scarf and head out the door.

On the front page:

4120 Balboa Dr.

Indianapolis, IN 46226

benjamin_gates...

But you click on the "Contact us" button:

Stanley Goodspeed

4120 Balboa Dr.

Indianapolis, IN 46226

stanleygoodspeed.....

So much for attention to detail... <_<

I don't know if you saw the previous page, but I drove by the address and it is an old abandoned house with broken windows and all.

Verse 1:

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

There behind a glass stands a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass, move along, move along.

Chorus:

Come inside, the show's about to start. Guaranteed to blow your head apart.

Rest assured you'll get your money's worth. The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.

You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo. You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll, oh.

Right before your eyes, see the laughter from the skies. And he laughs until he cries, then he dies, then he dies. (To Chorus;)

Verse 2:

Soon the Gypsy Queen in a glaze of vaseline, Will perform on guillotine, what a scene, what a scene.

Next upon the stand will you please extend a hand, To Alexander's Ragtime Band, Dixieland, Dixieland.

Roll up, roll up, roll up. See the show.

Verse 3:

Performing on a stool we've a sight to make you drool. Seven virgins and a mule, keep it cool, keep it cool.

We would like it to be known the exhibits that were shown. Were exclusively our own, all our own, all our own

Come and see the show, come and see the show.

Come and see the show. See the show.

-----------------------------------------------

Already seen TWI's show. Yes siree. Looks like "Karn Evil 9" if you ask me.

(With apologies to ELP.)

I don't know if you saw the previous page, but I drove by the address and it is an old abandoned house with broken windows and all.

:jump:

Talk about the MORE ABUNDANT LIFE!!

Come to "The Way International" with me and you, too, can have this same POWER FOR ABUNDANT LIVING!!

# VP and Me by Loy Craig Martindale

# The Rise and Expansion of the Christian Church in the First Century by Loy Craig Martindale

# Outreach Strategies of Jesus Christ by Loy Craig Martindale

# What God's Word Says About Angels by Loy Craig Martindale

I thought they were done with the "oaf"..

I wonder if this means they're gonna sell the "copout's" material in der holy store..

Well dunno about you lot but I'd think it was a lot more balanced if it had books and music by other than VPW and LCM. Even stuff done by other banned ex TWI (Walter Cummins, for example). And ex-TWI songs like say Acts 29...or anybody.

Obviously still plugging LCM's book - so he's obviously not a "possesso" and his work not banned or burned as so many other people's who have fallen out of favour with TWI. Make of that what you will.

That's without promoting any decent non-Way stuff.

Sad. Can't somebody post a link to GSC on their board?