GreaseSpot Cafe

JEFF BLACKBURN/JOHN LYNN...IS THE CRISIS OVER?

HI THERE AGAIN JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!......SORRY I MISSED YOU YESTERDAY..........WE WERE HAVING SUCH A GREAT TIME HERE AT THE BBQ THAT TIME JUST GOT AWAY FROM ME AND I MISSED GETTING IN A POST TO YOU GUYS!.......BUT I DID CHECK YESTERDAY AND AGAIN TODAY TO SEE IF YOU HAVE REPLIED TO MY QUESTIONS..........SADLY, YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE SO!...........WHY NO COMMUNICATION FROM YOU???

Following these communication disciplines will go a long way toward avoiding and resolving conflicts in community with others (Matthew 18:15-18; Ephesians 4:29). All Spirit & Truth Fellowships agree to abide by them.

Take responsibility for your own feelings, and for communicating them appropriately. Do not expect others to read your mind, your body language, or your subtle hints. Use “I” statements about your feelings and do not speak for others. Refrain from blaming others for how you feel. Say “I feel angry,” not “You made me angry.”

DO YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU POSTED HERE EARLIER THIS YEAR?? DOES JOEODAY?? I CANNOT READ YOUR MINDS! I AM NOT AWARE OF ANY "SUBTLE HINTS" YOU HAVE LEFT ANY WHERE FOR ME REGARDING WHAT YOUR ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS ARE! HAVE MY QUESTIONS MADE YOU "FEEL ANGRY"??..............DO YOU STILL ADHERE TO "THESE COMMUNICATION DISCIPLINES"??.........ARE YOU PURPOSELY AVOIDING YOUR FORUM HERE, WHICH YOU USED SO MUCH BEFORE??..........STILL WAITING PATIENTLY FOR COMMUNICATION FROM YOU GUYS!.......THANKS!...............PEACE.

Thankful,

Welcome to the Cafe. Here's some cheesecake topped with fruit. Hope it's as good as the one NiKa brought to the BBQ.

Kick your shoes off, relax, and enjoy reading. We're all ears for any of your questions, comments, or concerns.

23041647.jpg

Enjoy!

Suda

GOOD EVENING AGAIN JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!........CHECKING IN ONCE MORE AT YOUR FORUM TO SEE IF YOU'VE POSTED ANYTHING........BUT, ONCE AGAIN NO COMMNICATION FROM YOU YET!!.........

Following these communication disciplines will go a long way toward avoiding and resolving conflicts in community with others (Matthew 18:15-18; Ephesians 4:29). All Spirit & Truth Fellowships agree to abide by them.

Respect and validate others’ feelings. If you do not agree or do not support another’s statement, acknowledge what has been said, then make your point. Don’t give tacit agreement if you do not agree, and express your disagreement respectfully and lovingly.

HOW ABOUT SIMPLY "RESPECTING" AND "VALIDATING" THE EXISTENCE OF THIS THREAD HERE AT YOUR OWN GREASESPOT FORUM, AND MUSTERING UP SOME "COMUNICATION DISCIPLINES", AND AT LEAST MAKE AN ATTEMPT AT COMMUNICATING SOMETHING TO THIS FORUM??......IF YOU HAVE NO POINT TO MAKE, AT LEAST "ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID" HERE!.......SURELY YOU HAVE'NT LOST YOUR ABILITY TO EXPRESS YOURSELVES, HAVE YOU???.........STILL HOPING YOU'LL EXPRESS YOURSELVES HERE SOME TIME SOON!..........THANKS, AND..................PEACE.

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy

:offtopic:

Take responsibility for your own feelings, and for communicating them appropriately. Do not expect others to read your mind, your body language, or your subtle hints.

Why do I get the feeling that was written by a man?

(Not that I disagree with the statement; it just seems to be a very "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" sentiment.)

Wife: Why didn't you think to do that?

Me: How was I supposed to know you wanted me to do that? You never said anything to me about doing that!

Wife: But couldn't you just tell?!!

Me: How? I'm not psychic, and I didn't receive revelation!

Wife, leaning in close: You're breathing all my aiiiiiir!

:blink: :biglaugh:

Take responsibility for your own feelings, and for communicating them appropriately. Do not expect others to read your mind, your body language, or your subtle hints. Use “I” statements about your feelings and do not speak for others. Refrain from blaming others for how you feel. Say “I feel angry,” not “You made me angry.”

If this had been adhered to, I doubt there would have been any room for "personal prophecy" to get a foothold.

HELLO AGAIN JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!...........MY DAILY CHECK REVEALS YET ANOTHER DAY GONE BY WITHOUT ANY POSTS FROM YOU GUYS! EVER SEE THE MOVIE, "COOL HAND LUKE"??.........."WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE"!!........REMEMBER THAT??

Communicate directly with the person or persons involved in an issue. Do not work through go-betweens or serve as a go-between for others. If someone asks you for information about an issue in which you are not directly involved, direct him or her to the proper source.

IT WAS YOU JEFF AND JOHN, WHO INVOLVED THE ENTIRE GREASESPOT CAFE COMMUNITY IN YOUR "ISSUE". I HAVE ASKED YOU RESPECTFULLY, AND REPEATEDLY, "FOR INFORMATION" ABOUT THE ISSUES YOU POSTED HERE AT THE GREASESPOT IN THIS VERY FORUM! NO ONE HERE ASKED YOU TO POST WHAT YOU POSTED. NO ONE ASKED JOEODAY TO POST HIS STUFF HERE! YOU GUYS ARE DIRECTLY INVOLVED, AND, IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO GET US INVOLVED BY POSTING HERE! CERTAINLY, YOU ARE "THE PROPER SOURCE"!!.........WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN "COMMUNICATION DISCIPLINES"??.........I'M NOT HAVING A PROBLEM FOLLOWING THEM......I'M TRYING TO MAKE IT AS EASY FOR YOU AS POSSIBLE TO DO THE SAME!......STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO LIVE YOUR CREED!.......DO THE WORDS AT YOUR WEBSITE HAVE ANY VERACITY??..........THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR SOME COMMUNICATION TO US HERE AT YOUR FORUM!!..........................PEACE.

GOOD EVENING ONCE AGAIN, JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!.......CHECKING FAITHFULLY TO SEE IF YOU'VE DECIDED TO EXERCISE ANY "COMMUNICATIONS DISCIPLINES" YOU SAY YOU ADHERE TO.........APPARENTLY NOT YET!!.......STILL NO COMMUNICATION FROM YOU GUYS HERE ON YOUR FORUM!

Provide continual feedback. Do not allow resentments to build up, and do not forget to give positive strokes as much as you can.

"CONTINUAL FEEDBACK"??!!!..............HOW ABOUT JUST ANY FEEDBACK???..........I DON'T EVEN WANT ANY "POSITIVE STROKES", GUYS!!............JUST SOME ANSWERS WILL DO!!........STILL HOPING YOU'LL POST HERE AND PROVIDE US WITH SOME FEEDBACK!..........THANK YOU!................PEACE.

HI THERE JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!........JUST CHECKING AGAIN TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANY COMMUNICATION HERE FROM YOU GUYS!..........STILL HAVE'NT COME UP WITH ANYTHING YET, I SEE................

Do not speak critically about others behind their backs unless you voice the same criticisms to their faces. To avoid unhelpful speculation, give specific names when you make a critical comment in a meeting. Trying not to hurt someone’s feelings often causes even more hurt feelings in the long run.

I BELIEVE I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS "DISCIPLINE" YOU GUYS SAY YOU ABIDE BY!........I HAVE'NT SAID ANYTHING BEHIND YOUR BACKS!......I HAVE CERTAINLY NOT TRIED TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS OR ANYONE ELSE'S THERE AT THE LEADERSHIP LEVEL OF YOUR MINISTRY!......DON'T YOU WANT TO HELP US "AVOID UNHELPFUL SPECULATION" BY POSTING SOME KIND OF RESPONSE TO MY QUESTIONS HERE AT YOUR FORUM??..........DO YOUR COMMUNICATION DISCIPLINES

NO LONGER APPLY TO YOU GUYS??...........STILL PATIENTLY HOPING TO RECEIVE SOME KIND OF COMMUNICATION FROM YOU HERE!.................PEACE.

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy

HELLO AGAIN JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!.......CHECKING YOUR FORUM ONCE MORE TO SEE IF YOU'VE COMMUNICATED ANYTHING TO US YET..........BUT, AGAIN.......NOTHING HERE FROM YOU GUYS!!............

State your position or concern before asking how others feel about it. Do not set someone up to give a “wrong” answer. Be courageous and put yourself on the spot first.

HOW ABOUT SOME STATEMENT OF "YOUR POSITION" CONCERNING MY QUESTIONS??............WHY NOT "BE COURAGEOUS AND PUT YOURSELF ON THE SPOT"??

THIS FORUM OF YOUR'S SHOULD MAKE IT VERY EASY FOR YOU TO STATE SOMETHING WITHOUT EVEN FEELING THAT YOU'RE "ON THE SPOT"!........IT SHOULD BE FAIRLY OBVIOUS HOW WE HERE AT THE GREASESPOT FEEL ABOUT HEARING A REPLY FROM YOU GUYS TO THE HONEST QUESTIONS THAT STARTED THIS THREAD!.........STILL WAITING PATIENTLY FOR YOU TO POST SOMETHING HERE TO COMMUNICATE "YOUR POSITION OR CONCERN"..........THERE'S NO "WRONG ANSWER"!!...........BY NOW, ALMOST ANY ANSWER WOULD DO!!...............PEACE!

HAPPY WEEKEND JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!...........THOUGHT MAYBE THERE WOULD BE SOME COMMUNICATION FROM YOU BY NOW!.......BUT, OBVIOUSLY......NONE YET!............WHAT'S HOLDING YOU BACK??.......

Practice active listening. Listen silently and with your whole self until the speaker has finished speaking. Then restate what the speaker has said and wait for a confirmation before responding with your perspective.

YOU GUYS HAVE CERTAINLY MASTERED THE "SILENTLY" PART!.......BUT, ARE YOU LISTENING AT ALL???............YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO BOTHER "RESTATING" ANYTHING FROM THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD......THAT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE SEVERAL TIMES!............PLUS, THERE'S BEEN QUITE A BIT OF CLARIFICATION OFFERED TO YOU GUYS ON THIS THREAD TOO!!.........HOWEVER, YOU SEEM TO BE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE "RESPONDING" PART OF THE ABOVE STATED COMMUNICATION DISCIPLINE YOU SAY YOU "AGREE TO ABIDE BY"!!!.............STILL HOPING YOU WILL POST SOME REPLIES TO MY HONEST QUESTIONS!!.................THANKS FOR POSTING "YOUR PERSPECTIVE".............................PEACE!

Hello, All!

Sorry I have been away, too busy. It took me quite awhile to read and catch up. As the economy worsens I spend much more time making ends meet.

I heard that John Lynn and Elizabeth had reconciled. I am very happy about that. Elizabeth really fought for that. I have also heard that there is no longer much mention of these issues and that everything is pretty much business as usual at CES. This concerns me.

There is no response from John Lynn, John Schoenheit, Dan Gallagher, or the Theisens to this group. DWBH has posted some reasonable questions.

I do understand, though. GSC is a really rough group. Most everyone here is relatively anonymous and we want one or all of the CES principals to speak straight and out in the open. That is pretty scary. Someone might say B*S* in response to a post. Or worse, write a critical response. I can't help but think that Paul would speak the truth in love. But when I think of what might be the terrible downside of posting here, I get:

1. You cannot control the direction of the replies.

2. You might be really embarrassed and hurt by the responses.

3. If you are unstable, you might commit suicide.

4. Someone might try to sue you.

GSC is a lot easier than being on the hotseat at Momentus. Answering these questions of DWBH's could be done without eliciting a lawsuit:

1)What is your ministry's current teaching regarding the use or misuse of "personal prophecy"?

2)What is your ministry's current position regarding [*] the application of the "gift ministry" of a prophet? What have you learned or "unlearned" [*]?

*reference to individuals removed

3)What do you believe your ministry's responsibility is to your followers regarding an explanation of "what went wrong"? what have you done to correct any wrong doctrine or practice?

4)How will your ministry's leadership function differently in the future? In your opinion, have you or do you need to change how your leadership functions as prophets, teachers, pastors or evangelists?

5)Do you still publicly or privately promote the Momentous "training" to your followers? [OrJohn Pezzi's "training"] if yes, why? if no, why not?

6)Who is currently on your board of directors? Your prophetic council?

According to JAL from his December 26, 2006 letter that Jeff posted for him:

"My fervent prayer is that in a godly way I will bring into the light, and express my perspective of, this heart-rending situation... . It was about September 21 when I was first informed that there was a division among the members of the STF Board of Directors (and spouses), with Mark and Karen Anne Graeser and Tom and Susan Resner having a disagreement with John and Jenivee Schoenheit, Gary and Karen Theisen, and Dan and Lori Gallagher."

In this letter he only addresses "this heart-rending situation" of the board members disagreeing. Boy, that sure is heart-rending. <_< NOT! What was done to Elizabeth, and others, was heart-rending.

I am looking forward to receiving your next letter "given the way that documents such as this somehow wind up on the Internet" so that we can see how you have changed your heart and your ways since you have realized the problem was a lot bigger than a disagreement among the BOD.

I started this topic almost a year ago because I saw that people were being hurt in CES and the powerbrokers there were too self protective and self serving to hear anything from disenters.

I have heard that there has been repentance and reconciliation going on. I have heard that as soon as the Graesers are out totally there will be openness and honesty for all. I hope that is true. But what we want to hear here is some "light" and JAL's or any BOD members "perspective of the [truly] heart rending situation" of people that have been used and tossed aside.

Sure it will be painful. But you will not be physically crucified. You can only share in part with the sufferings of Christ.

My fervent prayer is that you reply.

Edited by Captain Crunch

<snip>

IT WAS YOU JEFF AND JOHN, WHO INVOLVED THE ENTIRE GREASESPOT CAFE COMMUNITY IN YOUR "ISSUE". <snip>

I'm still waiting (patiently) for you or someone to post a link to where John (or Jeff) participated on Greasespot and involved the whole community in their issue. Posting a letter written by John does not constitute personal participation. If I'm not mistaken someone else posted that letter that was written to members of CES.

HAPPY VETERANS' DAY TO BOTH YOU, JEFF BLACKBURN, AND YOU, JOHN LYNN!!............YOU ARE BOTH VETERANS OF SERVICE IN THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES, FOR WHICH I THANK YOU SINCERELY FROM THE HEART!............ONCE AGAIN,......NO COMMUNICATION FROM EITHER OF YOU GUYS REGARDING MY QUESTIONS??.........EVEN AS KINDLY RE-WORDED BY CAPTAIN CRUNCH ON HIS POST ABOVE!!..............ARE YOU GUYS STILL INVOLVED WITH CES/STFI???........

"Community" means "oneness with," and our goal is to achieve the biblical vision of Christians with our "hearts knit together." Individually, we strive toward authenticity and intimacy with our heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus as the basis for true friendship with our brothers and sisters in the Lord. Sound good?

YES, INDEED!!......SOUNDS REAL GOOD!!.............BUT,......."WHERE'S THE BEEF?"!..............ARE ANY OF THESE STILL YOUR "GOAL"?......,....OR, DO YOU STILL "INDIVIDUALLY STRIVE TOWARD AUTHENTICITY AND INTIMACY" WITH GOD AND JESUS CHRIST???............WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR YOUR OBVIOUS, PURPOSEFUL, AVOIDANCE OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXHIBIT YOUR "AUTHENTICITY AND INTIMACY" WITH GOD AND JESUS CHRIST HERE IN A FORUM PROVIDED FOR YOU FOR THAT VERY PURPOSE??..............THERE ARE MANY HERE WHO ARE INDEED YOUR "BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE LORD"!...........YOUR BEHAVIOR, (OR LACK THEREOF), HERE AT A FORUM YOU NOT SO LONG AGO "DOMINATED" FOR SEVERAL MONTHS,......DOES NOT EXHIBIT EVEN THE MOST RUDIMENTARY UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT "TRUE FRIENDSHIP" REALLY MEANS, LET ALONE WHAT YOU IMPLY "GOD'S WORD" HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT!............

COME ON, JEFF BLACKBURN, AND JOHN LYNN!!!!...................GET YOUR "HEARTS KNIT TOGETHER" WITH YOUR FRIENDS HERE AT THE GREASESPOT!!...........GIVE US A POST THAT ANSWERS MY HONEST, QUESTIONS,,,,,OK????...........THANKS!..................................PEACE.

HELLO ONCE MORE, JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!.........WAS HOPING TO BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED AND FIND A POST HERE FROM YOU FELLAS!......APPARENTLY, YOU GUYS ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH YOUR COMMUNICATION DISCIPLINES............WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL??..........

We desire to fulfill the command to “bear one another’s burdens” on a larger scale than can be achieved in our own back yard, and yet do it in such a way that we don’t forfeit any of our rights of local self-government. This union also brings a level of accountability that is lacking for any church that is not connected in vital relationship with other churches in the Body of Christ.

SO FAR, YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS COMMAND ON ANY SCALE AT ALL, LET ALONE ONE THAT IS LARGER THAN YOUR "OWN BACK YARD"!

YOU BOAST IN SEVERAL PLACES ON YOUR SEVERAL WEBSITES, OF THIS "LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY" THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY ARE COMMITTED TO MAINTAINING BOTH INDIVIDUALLY AS "SERVANT/LEADERS", AND AS A "CHURCH" IN THE BODY OF CHRIST!........WHERE, BESIDES IN YOUR MINDS, IS THIS SUPERIOR "LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY" TO BE FOUND AMONG YOU???.......STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO REPLY TO MY SIMPLE, HONEST QUESTIONS!!...........THANKS FOR DOING SO, AND DEMONSTRATING YOUR "LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY THAT IS LACKING" THUS FAR, BOTH HERE AT THE GREASESPOT, AND AT YOUR WEBSITES!...........PEACE.

That's the last time they logged in, David, not the last time they were here.

I have it on very good authority that JAL has personally been told of this thread and asked to respond and even gone so far as to respond to the request to respond. :wink2: If you want more details, feel free to PM me.

Edited by Belle

I have permission to share this much....

JAL got an e-mail from a Blessed Believer asking him the same questions DWBH has posted here. This person also included a link to this thread and some quotes from one or more of the posts.

There was a little bit of correspondence and somehow JAL got the person's name incorrect and, in the process of attempting to intimidate this Blessed Believer into silence, JAL revealed quite a bit of very private, personal information that he really shouldn't have. The recipient of this information from JAL is attempting to locate the people mentioned JAL's e-mail to let them know how their confidence has been compromised.

It appears to me that JAL has absolutely no intention of living up to nor following the code of ethics and accountability posted on his websites.

Edited by Belle

I have permission to share this much....

JAL got an e-mail from a Blessed Believer asking him the same questions DWBH has posted here. This person also included a link to this thread and some quotes from one or more of the posts.

There was a little bit of correspondence and somehow JAL got the person's name incorrect and, in the process of attempting to intimidate this Blessed Believer into silence, JAL revealed quite a bit of very private, personal information that he really shouldn't have. The recipient of this information from JAL is attempting to locate the people mentioned JAL's e-mail to let them know how their confidence has been compromised.

It appears to me that JAL has absolutely no intention of living up to nor following the code of ethics and accountability posted on his websites.

I always find it odd that some anonymous person gives someone else permission to "share" what (even a bit) was said in a private correspondence. It seems this anonymous person could just as easily post this info themselves. Second-hand info isn't admissible in a court of law -- I don't see why it should be admissible in the court of public opinion either. But I suppose that's why mags like the National Enquirer sell so well.

Let's see --- Hmmmm. I took Paw's advice, and did a search.

JAL was last here, on March 16, 2005.

Jeff was last here on January 19, 2007.

Is it possible they don't know about this thread!!??? :o :o :o

:P

I followed Paw's advice also and you're correct -- JAL last visit was in 2005. His first was in 2004 for a total of two visits. I'm still digesting BOTH of those posts and will comment on them at a later time but, my initial impression thus far is -- John will never respond to this thread.

I always find it odd that some anonymous person gives someone else permission to "share" what (even a bit) was said in a private correspondence. It seems this anonymous person could just as easily post this info themselves. Second-hand info isn't admissible in a court of law -- I don't see why it should be admissible in the court of public opinion either.

I guess they didn't feel ready yet... maybe they will...

But I suppose that's why mags like the National Enquirer sell so well.

could be... is that why you keep reading here as well? do you like the Enquirer, too LNM?

This is not the Enquirer... a lot of folks who have a vested interest are waiting for replies from these CES leaders.

I guess they didn't feel ready yet... maybe they will...

That's always a possibility. Ready enuf to have someone share tidbits from a private correspondence but not ready enuf to do so themselves. Who was it that said: "You have nothing to fear but fear itself"?<snip>

a lot of folks who have a vested interest are waiting for replies from these CES leaders.

John has informed those people what they can do. If they're really that interested, why waste time waiting for John to respond here? Even to an uninterested party it's obvious that there's a 99% chance that John will not respond to this thread.

Edited by Larry N Moore

Even to an uninterested party it's obvious that there's a 99% chance that John will not respond to this thread.

I'd have to agree with you there... except I'd put it at 100%...

All of those "leaders" who took the vows to live by that creed would rather take their chances on the whole thing going away quietly or letting folks come to whatever conclusion they wish than EVER come forth publicly (here or their own website)... because at least that way they have some chance of holding onto whatever shred of a 'ministry' they still have... they KNOW that if they ever had to "face the music" that it would all come tumbling down...

What they fail to realize is that it already has... it just lasts a little longer this way.