GreaseSpot Cafe

What's for dinner?

now I see

I made fried rice last night and tonight we have shark and salmon. Not sure what we are going to do with them.

I'm in the mood for pizza. I have leftober tomato bisque soup so with a grilled cheese that sounds good. But I'm craving rye bread.

Sorry, I don't have a plan.....

Outfield,

I've made some yummy salmon steaks:

I remove the bone and use either toothpicks or bamboo skewers to form them into a "circle" kind of like a fillet mignon.

season them with salt, pepper, lemon, butter and olive oil (butter and olive oil mixture is called "fortified butter" and tastes great without burning so quickly.)

Put them on a greased sheet and bake at 350* for about 30 min or until done.

Meanwhile:

chop up some red onions and saute in butter. add salt and pepper, fresh dill. When the onions are transparent, add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of white wine and reduce to half.

This sauce comes out pinkish. Serve it over the salmon. I usually serve this with a medley of colored peppers stir-fried, with a splash of balsalmic vinegar.

tonight is just a junky

deep fried chicken tenders'fries and slaw

it is an indulgence

we don't usually fry stuff.

BUT

tommorow in honor of my birthday

i will prepare

pan seared scallops in olive oil, a little garlic and white wine

which be served atop a bed of spinach and wheat feetechini with a 5 cheese sauce

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Happy birthday coolchef!  You all sound like great cooks!!  

I made beef enchilada casserole tonight, with homemade enchilada red sauce from dried chili pods.  

My hispanic grandmother always used to use raisins in the fillings of her beef enchiladas and my mom always used to put corn in her enchilada casserole, so I put both raisins and corn in with the ground beef in mine!  

We should all post here what's for dinner!

But now I see : If you get a chance can you post your recipe under the Taco dish thread for recipes. That dish sounds great!

Dooj: Thanks for the tip -- we ended up doing it the easy way and just baking in some lemon marinade -- turned out really good and the shark was delicious!!! I've never had it before.

Last night we had chicken salad sandwiches (mine on marble bread) - every now and then I crave rye bread and I like the marble because it's mixed with pumpernickel.

Leftover stir fry tofu for night (I think) -- it's yummy. And if you save those packets from Chinese takeout places they are perfect for adding just a touch of flavor without all the sodium (soy sauce) and the duck sauce (a little sweetness). Add a few dry nuts toasted like cashews or almonds with lots of fresh veggies -- yumm-o! And healthy! I love my wok.

So what's for dinner tonight?