GreaseSpot Cafe

Help!! Once again...

2life

I LOVE GSC!!

If anyone is familiar with Knoxville TN... any insight/help would be appreciated!!!

Our daughter just got hired on with PSA Airlines as a First Officer (Dang... she is FLYING those airplanes... I'll bet ya all wonder how THAT happened!!). PSA flyes the regional jets for USAirlines.....)

Anyway... she just finished their training... her domicile will be Knowxville Tn. . She found out this morning she has the next few days to find a place to live......then her first three day trip starts Sunday!!!!

YIKES!! she thought she was going to have longer than that!

So... any suggestions? We are all over the internet looking for apts...............proably near the airport would be a good ting....

I am sooooo freakin' proud of her.... !!!!

Her brother is flying up there this afternoon with her to help!

Any suggestions... any help.... anything insight?! Hey... I'm sure I will be up there off and on... I would LOVE to hoook up with fellow GSC'ers!!!!

I love my kids!!

Life changes in a heartbeat....!!

Janet

(yikes!! I can't edit the spelling of Knoxville.. in the topic post!!! Knoxvillle Knoxville Knoxville......!...dang... that dosent even look right!)

Edited by pawtucket

K-n-o-x-v-i-l-l-e.

Take a deep breath. Do one of those neat relaxing things you always try to tell me about when I get all wired and fired.

Kudos to Daughter! She's so amazing! That little girl I remember has done so much in her young life!

As I recall vaguely, Knoxville is pretty cool.

In fact, I like all of TN pretty well.

Will keep the apt. in my prayers!

Luvya,

WG

Thats right... WG!! DEEP BREATHS!!!

She has been on the internet and phone all afternoon... they will fly up tomarrow. The more I see/hear about Knoxville I really like it!

Shes laughing.......every phone inquirey she makes turns into a long conversation... Everyone is so friendly and helpful... and they love their city!!!

She is also walking around the house muttering.. I can't believe they are letting me fly that plane... I can't belive they are letting me fly that plane........

Thanks Washingweather!! Its been a long time to this point.............she has really worked hard. When she tells people she is working for the airlines they usually assume that she is a flight attendant.

She is very pretty, blond and petite. Its kinda fun to see the reactions when they find out she's the pilot!

Edited by 2life

I live in Knoxville.There are many wonderful places to live here, and it's not real expensive.

We live on the west side of town, about 20 min from the airport.

I believe this is the best area to live because it is close to a lot and you don't have the city and UT traffic to deal with.

If you need specifics or some one to help with the area pm me and I will be glad to lend a hand.

And, yes, it is a wonderful place to be!

Hi 2life,

She probably has already done this, but she should see if her domicile has any crashpads set up for TYS.  Also find out if she's gone to the flight info site and checked on the Crashpad forum, there's a July posting for TYS, maybe that person has some info that will help, it's also a great place to interface with any other aviatrix and others with PSA.  She probably also done this too, but she should register with Pro Pilot World since she qualifies with her ATP, that is by far one of the best sites to rub shoulders with the professionals in the industry who can actually help her in her career.  

I hope she likes jello and ramin noodles...seriously, or has additional means of support.  I know most Regionals suck at paying a decent wage the first year, and sometimes it takes nearly a decade for upgrades.  Most are right about $1,600 per month pay scale for the first year, a dirty little industry secret the general public knows little about.

Congratualations are due to her, welcome to the Regionals!!

yep.... low low pay!! She is definitly questioning her career choice!! But.... ya never know what can happen! The pay rates change after the first year... or two.

BUT... they will never get back to the money that was made years ago.

The wild thing is that there are pilots making captain within 2 1/2 years........... there is definity a pilot shortage out there.

I will pass on that info!! Thanks! Are you flying??!!

Janet

Janet,

My FDIL has some training in hotel management and has longed to get back into it ever since she got married, divorced, etc. A few weeks ago, she got a job with a large and nice hotel chain. It is entry level and she doesn't make much money at all, but it is as she says, "a foot in the door." We are thinking it will lead onward and upward for her. The chain has newly renovated a warehouse into a very swank hotel in Charleston. Maybe she can manage it someday and we can come and stay for a while! (Though I'd miss my grandson horribly).

So, (to make a short story long) I think Daughter is doing the right thing, getting her foot in the door, or on the plane, and getting to advance from there.

I'd fly with her any day!

WG

Edited by Watered Garden