GreaseSpot Cafe

Are Americans really this stupid?

Sudo

I was sent this in e-mail and was flabbergasted.. and this YouTube clip is being seen around the world. For me the worst part is when the Americans are shown the phony map of the world and asked to place a pin on a particular country. Geeze.. Does anyone think they got actors to play dumb? And we let these people vote?

sudo

I think that those people may have been real and their dum bass answers real, but I am willing to bet that they interviewed about twenty times more people who gave intelligent answers, and then only edited in the dumb ones making "all Americans look stupid". I played it for my 20 year old son who was never a great student, and he got most questions right as I did.

And even IF ALL of their interviewees gave wrong answers, I SERIOUSLY doubt they chose a representative sample of the population of the US.

Is this maybe something from Leno's "streetwalking" or whatever he calls it?

OH, I know, he calls it "Jaywalking." (I think)

And even IF ALL of their interviewees gave wrong answers, I SERIOUSLY doubt they chose a representative sample of the population of the US.

Unfortunately, it is quite representative of a particular leader of ours, ... who's term will end on 1-20-09. :dance::dance:

Edited by GarthP2000

There are plenty of idiots in the U.S., plenty of whom would answer simple questions incorrectly. On the other hand, there are plenty of intelligent people as well. I don't see what the controversy is over videos like this, or how anyone could interpret it to represent all Americans if it's like the Jay Leno skits.

There are also plenty of stupid people in other countries. I've seen similar comedy shows from other countries, some in other languages. I remember one from Mexico where they would ask people for definitions of nonsensical words, and people would try to answer it and embarrass themselves.

The people that were televised were probably 1out of 10. That is very sad.

The geography lesson is scary. If people don't know where Australia, France, North Korea, and Great Britain are then maybe they need to go back to school.

The scariest thing is that those people can vote. The next scariest thing is that about 1/3 of that was shot in San Antonio Texas. I saw some of Washington DC and it looked like Venise Beach. All tourist areas. Hay, maybe that means only tourists are stupid.

I believe it is true; Incredibly true; They All seemed to be "asleep at the switch"! Makes one wonder what might become of us left in the hands of men and women who obviously don't know how to think things through or care to! Perhaps Proverbs should be required and taught in our school curriculum's.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste"! Soooooooooooo very Sad!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

I see I'm not the only one that was taken aback at this. But even knowing that they edited this just to show the stupid Americans aren't you guys surprised that otherwise normal appearing people could be fooled into thinking that Australia was Iran?? Or maybe that a country that starts with 'U' is Utah? Or folks who didn't know the religion of Buddhist monks? And what about the guy who thought Fidel Castro was a singer?? E gads...

sudo

• 1 month later...
Does anyone watch this "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" show? Do they screen these people for stupid? Do they ESPECIALLY look for dumb blonde Southeners? Does anyone know this lady? She's playing "for charity" which says she is probably some kind of celebrity.. Just take a look:

http://www.koreus.com/video/blonde-europe-pays.html

sudo

:blink: :blink: :blink: Good God!!

And to paraphrase from one of Jeff Foxworthy skits, ..... "And she's out there driving tonight. That scares the hell out of me!"

:asdf:

Ciythog,

Thanks.. I had no idea WHO she was. It makes you wonder why anybody would pay attention to anything an entertainment celebrity would have to say concerning current events. Yet the media can't wait to quote George Clooney, Barbra Streisand or Sean Penn.... because folks eat it up.

sudo